Yellow | YRCW: Concessions And Profits

But then we were getting not giving!

And that my friend is the root cause of the discomfort here. Not many here (if any at all) have ever in their lives experienced a pay cut. Many if not all of us lived through the good times where we got increases but never cuts and it's traumatizing some who are experiencing a cut the first time. Ask most any person in any industry if they'd rather take a small pay cut or experience a layoff/closure. When push comes to shove I guarantee most would prefer and accept the cut.

Old time teamsters, voting to give away their paycheck, work rules, and pension? nope doesn't sound familiar to me.

Oh please, give me a break with the "old time Teamster crap". That was when we were in a regulated industry and one where the Union dominated the industry. Times have changed. Our primary competition is non-union these days and we no longer have the protection of the regulated industry conditions. How many poorly run trucking companies survived as long as they did only because they had "rights" that other companies didn't have. It's a different world today, adapt to it or you'll end up bitter and disappointed the rest of your life.

Oh please, give me a break with the "old time Teamster crap". That was when we were in a regulated industry and one where the Union dominated the industry. Times have changed. Our primary competition is non-union these days and we no longer have the protection of the regulated industry conditions. How many poorly run trucking companies survived as long as they did only because they had "rights" that other companies didn't have. It's a different world today, adapt to it or you'll end up bitter and disappointed the rest of your life.

I understand the people who bitch on a daily basis cuz they're not happy and they want things to change, what I don't understand is people like you who stick their head in the sand and say, oh that's just the way it is, nothing we can do about it. Sign of the times. Remain on your knees at all times, things will work out.

I understand the people who bitch on a daily basis cuz they're not happy and they want things to change, what I don't understand is people like you who stick their head in the sand and say, oh that's just the way it is, nothing we can do about it. Sign of the times. Remain on your knees at all times, things will work out.

Never said there's nothing we can do about it. You're assuming that. I think I have enough experience and wisdom to understand that you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. Trying to be hard headed with a company in terrible financial shape is just completely stupid in my opinion. The most sensible thing to do is to help the company return to profitability and then negotiate for a bigger piece of the pie. Of course I totally understand that many on here don't share my views. To that I say you can't fix stupid. I guess I don't know how to be subtle wouldn't you say?

When you played sports what happened when your side lost a game? Did the team **** and moan forever about losing or did you practice harder and move on and look ahead to the next game?
You know what happens when you lose. Things are usually not pretty. Some moan, some point fingers, some push harder. This situation is not any different, and what you hear here is nothing unexpected. I myself try to stay positive, but let me tell ya, it ain't easy when you're reminded of your loss every Thursday, and it's 4 more years before you get to play the next game. I can understand what those olympians go through now. So try to have some empathy for what these guys are going through, the $400 they get clipped for every week earns them the right to blow off some steam. That's wages and pension contributions if you're wondering where the 400 came from. I hear most guys complain about it, even some of the most dedicated, but most everybody still does their job.

You know what happens when you lose. Things are usually not pretty. Some moan, some point fingers, some push harder. This situation is not any different, and what you hear here is nothing unexpected. I myself try to stay positive, but let me tell ya, it ain't easy when you're reminded of your loss every Thursday, and it's 4 more years before you get to play the next game. I can understand what those olympians go through now. So try to have some empathy for what these guys are going through, the $400 they get clipped for every week earns them the right to blow off some steam. That's wages and pension contributions if you're wondering where the 400 came from. I hear most guys complain about it, even some of the most dedicated, but most everybody still does their job.

I totally understand feeling crappy (and worse) about making less. Nobody in their right mind likes getting a pay cut. In my opinion it was the lessor of two evils. I've lived through a number of Teamster jobs shutting down and when we're down to the last few jobs left, I think we need to be a bit more realistic about the situation. I understand bitching about conditions (that's been going on forever) but those who think they have the "right" to slack off and do 15% less because of the cuts - those I have no sympathy for. They're just hurting every other Teamster with that attitude.

Never said there's nothing we can do about it. You're assuming that. I think I have enough experience and wisdom to understand that you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. Trying to be hard headed with a company in terrible financial shape is just completely stupid in my opinion. The most sensible thing to do is to help the company return to profitability and then negotiate for a bigger piece of the pie. Of course I totally understand that many on here don't share my views. To that I say you can't fix stupid. I guess I don't know how to be subtle wouldn't you say?
You are trying to hold a conversation with a person who has been part of the problem long before yellow bought roadway. He is trying his best to justify in his own mind that moving 3 bills an hour is doing his best. But he has done that ever since he hired on also.

You are trying to hold a conversation with a person who has been part of the problem long before yellow bought roadway. He is trying his best to justify in his own mind that moving 3 bills an hour is doing his best. But he has done that ever since he hired on also.

At least he got the Yellow bought Roadway part right. Yellow good. Roadway bad.

I totally understand feeling crappy (and worse) about making less. Nobody in their right mind likes getting a pay cut. In my opinion it was the lessor of two evils. I've lived through a number of Teamster jobs shutting down and when we're down to the last few jobs left, I think we need to be a bit more realistic about the situation. I understand bitching about conditions (that's been going on forever) but those who think they have the "right" to slack off and do 15% less because of the cuts - those I have no sympathy for. They're just hurting every other Teamster with that attitude.
Well imo I don't think there's that many slacking, or I should say slacking more than they would anyway. I've never workedr Anywhere there wasn't 5% or so that slack, the concessions just give these guys a nice excuse. I'm not delusional and think concessions weren't necessary, I just believe they didn't have to be as steep as they are. I would be okay with concessions for 2 years then reevaluate at that point but not 5. But the good news I see is that the concessions will not hold for 5 more years, the marketplace will see to that. Yrc has already gone to the teamsters to ask if they could raise the starting pay, and got turned down. So I think they know our wage structure is unsustainable.

Fellas fellas, this is the end result of deregulation. What you see is what they were shooting for. No unions prospering and union co. Dying. I might add you can go back to the air traffic controllers strike as the beginning of the end for unions.

[QUOTE "mud, post: 953804, member: 100"]Here we go again. This is a sheep.
Lleyn_sheep.jpg
[/QUOTE]
This is EWE....lol