Yellow | YRCW...Do Or Die?.......

im with kk i am laid off and i would do anything to get called back to work. now is not the time to be greedy if it means to take pay cut then so be it.its better than not having job at all if u can live on 23.00 hour why cant u live on 19.50 an hour make it work.

I want to hear from Zollars and company what they plan on doing with this savings and when will the bleeding stop. I'd give up half my paycheck if I knew debt would be eliminated and waste aggresively gone after so things could return to normal in a short time period.

I think a lot of the people posting about the YRCW buy back plan are way of base. Seems to me the whole plan is based on we Teamsters taking a wage reduction.

I think a lot of the people posting about the YRCW buy back plan are way of base. Seems to me the whole plan is based on we Teamsters taking a wage reduction.

Your right, the company isn't going to change anything they are doing, kinda the same way the government does. Only YRC doesn't have a printing press. We are the cash cow. YRC thinks they are fine, it's just the economy and those greedy Teamsters. I vote NO:sadwavey:

im with kk i am laid off and i would do anything to get called back to work. now is not the time to be greedy if it means to take pay cut then so be it.its better than not having job at all if u can live on 23.00 hour why cant u live on 19.50 an hour make it work.

If we take a pay cut, it's NOT going to majically put freight back on our trucks, and call people back from lay-off. YRC is still due to lay-off a few thousand more employees.

KK,
Your post is excellent. But, how do we know that a pay concession will buy us even one more week? We don't. Their plan could also be to have us reject a pay concession, so that they have an excuse to shut us down. (Damned Teamsters) Then if we ACCEPT the pay concession they STILL shut us down. They will just find another excuse, because that could be their master plan. They just can't blame the Teamsters. My second thought.....How do we know that we will shut down if we vote no? We don't. They may just find another option. This is all just speculation. But, none of us can guarantee "even one more day" after a vote, and none of us can guarantee a "shut down" after a vote either. Just my opinion.

Everything here has been speculation for sure. Some here might have speculated this past week and bought YRCW at $1.21 per share.....as of yesterday, their speculating earned them so far $2,910.00 profit on 1,000 shares (sell half now and the let the rest ride!).....I would be speculating if taking a 10% paycut at YRCW would save our jobs....but that would be a 10% risk worth taking....as the other side of the coin would be starting all over again for someone at a wage that would not even be close to 70% of what YRCW pays.....so I would speculate on a 10% cut in pay for sure, in order to keep the benies for my family and try to get through this mess and make it work.....KK

Not to mention starting out somewhere else with no vacation or sick days and paying your health and retirement out of that 70 percent.

There could be huge consequences for a no vote! Or they just find another way to get the money they need to survive. Its a huge gamble. I agree. BTW, I am waiting to get the details before I make up my mind. I'm just looking for other folks input right now.:1036316054:

From the laid-off (and having taken a Concession in the past) view (mine):

Something to think about. No one can guarantee that we'll wake up tomorrow on top of the grass, and not under it. We live hour to hour. The people on top of the WTC on 9/11 never even thought beyond their coffee that day.

Will YRCW survive without this? Very probably not. Will it fail without this, even if we approve it? I'm not in a place to know.

What I DO know is: Not many are hiring. NONE are hiring if you aren't driver qualified. Not even for seasonal WalMart shelf stocking. Any job you eventually take will start with probably no insurance for 90 days. No Pension, period. Probably no OT. At best, $15-$18 per hour, or 36-43 cents per mile. No Vacation; no sick days; no seniority. And going into a horrible economy.

OR, approve it and possibly: not have to search/apply to people you never dreamed of even talking to. Waiting by the phone Hoping to just be granted and interview. Being inferred to that because you were a Teamster, they don't want you. Because you are old, young guys have a better chance. Life would just go on as normal by voting yes (even if only for a time). No job apps. Just show up for work. Work some OT to "get back to scale". Keep your vacation and benes....

I've seen both sides, and believe me, you don't want to be where I am.....(and I have a potential job; a good one. Would YOU?)

Not to mention the Failing to be Pension.....

Will YRCW survive without this? Very probably not. Will it fail without this, even if we approve it? I'm not in a place to know.
If we knew if this concession would guarantee that we will stay in business, it would be simple. But, there are no guarantees. I feel that the YRC business plan is a bad one. So if they won't change the big boys at the top, and get someone with a new plan, why throw more money at them to waste? The plan is still bad.
Any job you eventually take will start with probably no insurance for 90 days. No Pension, period. Probably no OT. At best, $15-$18 per hour, or 36-43 cents per mile. No Vacation; no sick days; no seniority.
And be at the bottom and be vulnerable to a lay-off. I know that there is nowhere else to go for a good job here in Michigan. Just the simple fact that nobody is hiring around the country makes me want to just accept the give-back with my tail between my legs. But, my frustration with this company is at an all time high. But, I still have a job! Sorry.....I know that I am all over the place with this post, but, I'm still on the fence.:knockout: Our meeting is tomorrow. I just hope that the answer to all of our questions isn't.........."Well, I don't know, I'll have to get back to you guys on that." Sound familiar.(NMFA meeting)

Personally, taking the cut in pay isn't the big issue. It's how bad do I want to risk ending up in the unemployment line?

Good luck to everyone.

Atleast you people have a choice .I'm one of the DHL15,000 + people that will loose their jobs . We were not offered a choice .Only the door out .It's a tough call. Not right , But in todays world , I'd take it in a heartbeat if only for a little while . Looking for work isn't fun. I'll have to start looking soon. Is Yellow looking?