Yellow | YRCW Earnings Results For 2015

"The company reported a fourth quarter 2015 operating loss of $15.3 million compared to operating income of $31.2 million in 2014. The fourth quarter 2015 results were impacted by the $28.7 million non-union pension settlement charge. ".....

We lose money in the 4th so we can pay lump sum settlements to retired management? How dose that effect the OR for the year?

They sure do know how to cook the books, :stirthepot: I can't figure this one out. :confused1:
Eligible union employees at Holland, Reddaway and New Penn (the Regional carriers) will receive a profit sharing bonus equal to 1% of their 2015 W-2 earnings in conjunction with the improved operating ratio reported for 2015.

We lose money in the 4th so we can pay lump sum settlements to retired management? How dose that effect the OR for the year?
according to the earnings release on Yahoo Finance, YRC Freight operated at 99.4 with the pension settlement charge, would have been 98.5 if they excluded it. Regionals operated at 95.2 for the year. Welch says later in the release the pension settlement charge was a non-cash settlement charge.

So did I hear Jamie right? The lump sum settlement came out of Yrc frt? I'm giving these bastards 15% and they pay lump sums out to retired management?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong