Yellow | YRCW Extension Ageement Proposale For December 6, 2013!

We already have rules for absenteeism.Why have this in this agreement? The company heads must be getting the wrong numbers as usual reported by some barns

To make you feel guilty.

There is a lot of posturing and mind games going on here. Wouldn’t it be rather silly of them if they did not consult with someone that specializes in human behavior beforehand...we’re talking about billions of bucks here!

I haven't read every post on this thread, so if I'm repeating something already brought up please forgive me. The last M O U we were looking at (focusing ) the loss of vacation and 5 min. less break times and they snuk other language in the M O U. Now here we are again and I see people posting things like well they left the overtime alone and look at this $750.00 bonus and another one in 2015???? what is this crap???? what are they doing with the contract that were not looking at do the snap backs still exist ? that for one thing. This whole thing pis-es me off! Why are our appointed reps. rubber stamping this crap to come to our mail boxes for a vote? Why aren't these people doing their jobs ? Not only is our employer trying to screw us out of everything our brothers and sisters before us fought hard and sacrificed for benefits we enjoy, our union representation isn't doing a darn thing to stop Y R C from doing it! THIS WHOLE THING STINKS!! Vote NO Y R C isn't going to close the doors! They are making money the banks are making money all they are trying to do is scare us right before the holidays. Remember this YRC is worth more alive than dead! The banks will not call the note due and shut them down. All Welch, Pierson and the rest of the crooks are trying to do is screw us and sweeten the deal for them!

you have no clue on finances what so ever lol whent hey close the doors on a no vote go find my post explaining the banks why they don't care if this closes

Here's a good one people. Walked into the BAG mart AKA Gomart on I 70 in ohio. Couple of R&L drivers in there waiting to swap out w/ other drivers in there just shooting the breeze. These guys seen me get out of the truck & one of them yelled over "you s.c.a.b.s voting another pay cut for us again?" I just said "probably" & walked on.

Did your 2 middle fingers salute the moon?

READ IT! This is going to be one of our main problems. People won't take the time to read the damn thing, just going to expect others who only do a half-ass job reading it to tell them what its all about.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THE PROPOSAL! MORE THAN ONCE, READ IT 100 TIMES IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES FOR IT ALL TOO SINK IN AND MAKE SENCE. PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND IT.
Sorry Lager. I have read through it several times, I was just poking fun. Sorry to upset you.

it does not say what they are going to do with line haul pay scale in next 5 years ?? alot of gray area here that thinking we maybe getting blindsided on ???

For the most part, the only people on here that want a yes vote, are the ones NOT receiving a ballot.

Things that make you go hhmmm.

For the most part, the only people on here that want a yes vote, are the ones NOT receiving a ballot.

Things that make you go hhmmm.

I know you be right! Screw the younger guys that have to live with this crap for a decade!!!!!

I don't think they will be buying ABF. As an ABF'er our contract stipulates that we snapback 100% if we are purchased. That was put in the contract after the news came out last time about YRC sniffing us. Good luck fellow Teamsters, this is the biggest Damned if you do, Damned if you don't I've ever seen

pats don't worry about that contract ,if yrc did buy you guys they have ways of forgetting a contract was ever signed. poof its gone !!!!
contracts mean nothing to them .

I know you be right! Screw the younger guys that have to live with this crap for a decade!!!!!

No. I think you mis-understood me. We can't "screw the younger guys that have to live with this crap for a decade". The pro-yes men are the ones who post here that will not receive a ballot, meaning they don't work for YRC.

Or are management?
No. I think you mis-understood me. We can't "screw the younger guys that have to live with this crap for a decade". The pro-yes men are the ones who post here that will not receive a ballot, meaning they don't work for YRC.

I haven't read every post on this thread, so if I'm repeating something already brought up please forgive me. The last M O U we were looking at (focusing ) the loss of vacation and 5 min. less break times and they snuk other language in the M O U. Now here we are again and I see people posting things like well they left the overtime alone and look at this $750.00 bonus and another one in 2015???? what is this crap???? what are they doing with the contract that were not looking at do the snap backs still exist ? that for one thing. This whole thing pis-es me off! Why are our appointed reps. rubber stamping this crap to come to our mail boxes for a vote? Why aren't these people doing their jobs ? Not only is our employer trying to screw us out of everything our brothers and sisters before us fought hard and sacrificed for benefits we enjoy, our union representation isn't doing a darn thing to stop Y R C from doing it! THIS WHOLE THING STINKS!! Vote NO Y R C isn't going to close the doors! They are making money the banks are making money all they are trying to do is scare us right before the holidays. Remember this YRC is worth more alive than dead! The banks will not call the note due and shut them down. All Welch, Pierson and the rest of the crooks are trying to do is screw us and sweeten the deal for them!

No, there is no "snap back" clause any longer. Your representation refused to negotiate with YRC and DID NOT refuse to send this to a vote, which they could have done. They in essence have said that we (the IBT) will not be the ones to vote to close them.

" Remember this YRC is worth more alive than dead! The banks will not call the note due and shut them down."

The banks will shut them down if they do not make the interest payments, 150 million in 2014, and the 1 Billion dollar payment due in early 2015. YRC's only worth to JP Chase is interest payments, period. They have no physical assests to sell off to recoup the debt. It is possible to sell the regionals, maybe, but they would likely only do that in a bankruptcy thinking it is better to take pennies on the dollar than to lose it all. YRC Freight would not likely survive in that scenario. All of that being said, I agree whole-heartily that we should vote no. This agreement would likely bankrutpt Central State Pension fund and severely affect the others. It leaves little or no hope for the Junior men coming behind us.

It was explained to me from the President of Holland, that the reason why they need absenteeism language is because a lot of barns or terminals as he said have stipulations that you can't receive a letter or warning until after 5 no paid days! not sure if its true for whatever that is worth that is what was said to me!

" Remember this YRC is worth more alive than dead! The banks will not call the note due and shut them down."

The banks will shut them down if they do not make the interest payments, 150 million in 2014, and the 1 Billion dollar payment due in early 2015. YRC's only worth to JP Chase is interest payments, period. They have no physical assests to sell off to recoup the debt. It is possible to sell the regionals, maybe, but they would likely only do that in a bankruptcy thinking it is better to take pennies on the dollar than to lose it all. YRC Freight would not likely survive in that scenario. All of that being said, I agree whole-heartily that we should vote no. This agreement would likely bankrutpt Central State Pension fund and severely affect the others. It leaves little or no hope for the Junior men coming behind us.

It was explained today that the banks aren't asking for these kickbacks this is coming from the company because when they present all this to the bank that they might give them a lower interest rate! So the banks might give them a lower rate regardless they are just asking for this to sweeten the deal! Like I told the President today if this was coming from the banks they would of done it across the board like they did in the mou's not just hit the teamsters, remember management is only giving 10% and we are suppose to feel sorry for them!

Unfortunately you are probably right. Written by lawyers to be read by lawyers, I'm sure they buried something in the contract to cover that

It was explained to me from the President of Holland, that the reason why they need absenteeism language is because a lot of barns or terminals as he said have stipulations that you can't receive a letter or warning until after 5 no paid days! not sure if its true for whatever that is worth that is what was said to me!

Scott Ware, Holland President, will lie straight to your face if he thinks it will benefit himself. I questioned him about the Velocity operation when he was in Joliet and he claimed not to know how it works. This is the person who dreamed up the original language of the Velocity change. Decide for yourself what his word is worth...

It was explained today that the banks aren't asking for these kickbacks this is coming from the company because when they present all this to the bank that they might give them a lower interest rate! So the banks might give them a lower rate regardless they are just asking for this to sweeten the deal! Like I told the President today if this was coming from the banks they would of done it across the board like they did in the mou's not just hit the teamsters, remember management is only giving 10% and we are suppose to feel sorry for them!

I wish people would stop asking questions that there is no answer to, or that really don't matter. Whether or not YRC is, will, or might be negotiating a better interest rate with JP Chase is irrelevant! YRC said no new concessions, some help with absenteeism, and locked in for 5 years. What part of this "agreement" is not a concession? YRC has been given "cost savings" in excess of 1 BILLION dollars in the last 3 years and have not paid ONE PENNY on the debt PRINCIPLE. Now they are asking for another 100 million a year on top of the 350 million they claim to be saving now for the next 5 YEARS. That is 2.25 BILLION dollars over the next 5 years. Does anyone believe they will use that money to PAY OFF the debt??? Does anyone remember that they have eliminated 50,000 Teamster jobs in the last 6 years? Have they EVER told us the truth? And they are telling it now???????????

Problem is the money that was "saved" was never really there in the first place. If you go to the store with $100 in your pocket and buy a item marked $150 but on sale for $100 you saved $50 but your pocket is still empty.