Holland | YRCW Further Enhances Financial Position

what about the 700 billion given by george bush to the banks? you probably think that was justifided. 700 billion with no strings attached. that my friends is wasteful porkbarrel spending.:Flame-On:

what about the 700 billion given by george bush to the banks? you probably think that was justifided. 700 billion with no strings attached. that my friends is wasteful porkbarrel spending.:Flame-On:
You couldn't be more wrong about my position! That 700 billion that Bush flushed down the toilet was just as foolish as Obama's stimulus package. They all waste too much money and I'm getting tired of it. It all needs to be stopped. But, it appears to be (Govt.) business as usual. I am in favor of running a business properly, or let it go bankrupt. I don't support any bailouts, period.:1036316054:

I can't help noticing that nobody is trying to deny that this stuff is wasteful pork. It seems to keep getting overlooked, as though "pork" has a place in every bill that is sent to Congress. All pork from either side, costs you and I money.

Let's Make a Deal

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am all for the proper funding of all departments. However, this is an economic stimulus package. Not a "grow the govt. package." When the country is in financial crisis, that is not the time to be spending unnecessary money. This is a time for the govt. to tighten their belt. And this pork package is a huge waste of money. These extra expenses, should be put off until we are out of this financial crisis, in my opinion.

Though I agree with you and I will add that this package should be called "The Monty Hall Lets Make A Deal With The Tax Payers dollars $timulus Package", I disagree with you on the fact that our government should not be spending funds to protect it's citizens and their wellbeing.

There should be no holding back of any funds for the FBI, CIA, and the Armed Forces or any other government agency that protects this country and it's citizens. IMO.:3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

Really, I think you are listening to too many radio talk shows while on the road, try to form your own opinion once in a while.

Actually your post and my response should go on the political section of TBD's, right Mr. Hill??

You couldn't be more wrong about my position! That 700 billion that Bush flushed down the toilet was just as foolish as Obama's stimulus package. They all waste too much money and I'm getting tired of it. It all needs to be stopped. But, it appears to be (Govt.) business as usual. I am in favor of running a business properly, or let it go bankrupt. I don't support any bailouts, period.:1036316054:

I can't help noticing that nobody is trying to deny that this stuff is wasteful pork. It seems to keep getting overlooked, as though "pork" has a place in every bill that is sent to Congress. All pork from either side, costs you and I money.

Hey Flash I agree with you 100%. Even in your households...If they are not run properly... No Bailout.(Welfare):Flame-On:

GOP Lies

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am all for the proper funding of all departments. However, this is an economic stimulus package. Not a "grow the govt. package." When the country is in financial crisis, that is not the time to be spending unnecessary money. This is a time for the govt. to tighten their belt. And this pork package is a huge waste of money. These extra expenses, should be put off until we are out of this financial crisis, in my opinion. This stimulus package is advertised as "job creation". And I don't see the jobs being produced.

Lies about the mouse... great for misinformed fox news viewers... Here's the facts
Pelosi’s Office: Conservative Talking Point About $30 Million For Mice Is “Fabrication” | The Plum Line

Lies about the mouse... great for misinformed fox news viewers... Here's the facts
Pelosi’s Office: Conservative Talking Point About $30 Million For Mice Is “Fabrication” | The Plum Line
I read this same article about a week ago. The part that you need to focus on is that your defense information about the mouse, came from Pelosi's Office. I look at comments based on who they come from. Do you think that Pelosi's office would admit to wasting this money on a saltwater marsh mouse? I think not. If you read that article with an open mind, you will agree with the unnamed Federal Agency......That pork money will end up being used for the mouse habitat.

I disagree with you on the fact that our government should not be spending funds to protect it's citizens and their well being.
I did not say that the Govt. should stop any funding for the FBI, CIA, or any military functions. My point is that building "NEW" buildings to house these departments, while the country is going broke is bad timing. They could easily get by with the facilities that they currently have. Then when the economy gets rolling again, spend the needed money. I would never consider cutting funding to any of our defense departments, or the upgrades in our technology, but they could delay the construction of any new buildings for now.

Really, I think you are listening to too many radio talk shows while on the road, try to form your own opinion once in a while.
I do listen to some talk radio. I like the fact that they expose the hidden information that our Main Stream Media refuses to talk about. When I get the info. from them, I research it, then form my own opinion. The MSM are too much in bed with Obama to give out any truth. I'm sure that you have your sources of news, and I have mine. Sounds like your in favor of the censorship doctrine. That way the Govt. can tell all of us what we should think. I will continue to listen to both sides of each story. Just make sure that you try to make the same effort.

Actually your post and my response should go on the political section of TBD's, right Mr. Hill??
Either that, or I'm sure the name calling towards me will begin soon. Because I have a different opinion than some others do. We are all supposed to fall in line, just like ಠ▄ಠ said to do. (No, I'm not calling anyone on here ಠ▄ಠ either.) But, like Hillary Clinton once hollered, "We have the right to question the administration."

Having worked for another regional carrier covering same area as Holland that was bought out by a large oil company I can say it miserably failed. They started charging lease fees on everything from adding machines,cars paid for trucks,raised fees at each terminal for each dock door,raised goals once they were met and generally bled company. We paid high lease fees on 7-8 year old trucks that were paid for,sold off millions of dollars in properties and terminals. Took 15% of our wages under pretense of profit sharing of which for a while they issued monthly statements of which there was never a profit of course. At retirement they had over $90,000 of my "profit sharing" money. However we still made a very good living 1100-1200 week after the 15% and made it till I retired in 96. They survived about 16 years after big mergers ,Etc. Good luck to all of you.