Yellow | yrcw insurance

longblade

im here to make you uncomfortable
Credits
Just a thaught .
We all know yrc has a big complaint about how much it cost for our health bennies . I was thinking since they like to waste so much cash on silly things maybe they should try checking out a health plan that would cover all yrc members and could probably do so at a large cost savings ..
Personaly I could get health insurance on myself and wife for a fraction of the cost of what the union is charging .Im thinking that if they could swing this it could save the company millions.
Also we could cut expenses at the local union level .
lets not forget b4 evey1 says the union wont allow this I say . WE ARE THE UNION .:1036316054: and it would be to everyones advantage.

Health Insurance costs what it costs. There aren't any deals to be had. This is just from my experience. There might be some savings in letting someone else manage the health insurance process other than Central States. You might get India for example instead of someone in Illinois that is a Teamster.

There you go longblade, it cant be done. Shame on you for trying to think of something to save the company money. You must be a share holder or something.:1036316054:

nope i havent wasted my cash on yrc stocks . just trying to think of any way we can keep going to work at the jobs we have now

Just a thaught .
We all know yrc has a big complaint about how much it cost for our health bennies . I was thinking since they like to waste so much cash on silly things maybe they should try checking out a health plan that would cover all yrc members and could probably do so at a large cost savings ..
Personaly I could get health insurance on myself and wife for a fraction of the cost of what the union is charging .Im thinking that if they could swing this it could save the company millions.
Also we could cut expenses at the local union level .
lets not forget b4 evey1 says the union wont allow this I say . WE ARE THE UNION .:1036316054: and it would be to everyones advantage.

Very good idea:1036316054:but why haven't the teamsters tried to do this,instead of each local trying to control it...

There you go longblade, it cant be done. Shame on you for trying to think of something to save the company money. You must be a share holder or something.:1036316054:

why do you want to give longblade a hard time?......he is a union brother just suggesting something that could save all of us and including you as well.....central states is ripping all us off and i am open for any new ideas.......:chairshot::chairshot:

nope i havent wasted my cash on yrc stocks . just trying to think of any way we can keep going to work at the jobs we have now

I was just funnin ya longblade I think it was a good Idea. I think there needs to be an across the board cost reduction task force to come in and see where we can cut waste, and I dont mean people. I for one am trying everything that is in my control to do this. I think we need to pay very close attention to detail with the customers freight (on time and undamaged) so we can at least retain the customers we have, since their the ones we really work for. After this downturn I remain hopeful that after some atrition we can get everyone back to work. Besides, those of us that get cut after the merger will have one of those battle scar stories to tell the junior men one day, if we can hold on long enough to get called back. :1036316054:

why do you want to give longblade a hard time?......he is a union brother just suggesting something that could save all of us and including you as well.....central states is ripping all us off and i am open for any new ideas.......:chairshot::chairshot:

I was hoping it wasn't received that way, I was really being sarcastic to truckinusa's comment.:1036316054:

i didnt take it that way from the beginning nite rider, i know sarcastic when i see it lol

i still think this would save the company millions. but the union would fight it because it would take the cash out of their hands

I was laid off From Yellow PDU in sept went to work for USF Glen Moore my insurance just kicked in I pay $77.00 per week for premium coverage and I had to use it already when I would buy my meds with the union insurance i would pay $350.00 per month with the YRC insurance that I have now I only pay $20.00 per month. i guess it equals out and I also forgot I have 90/10 coverage. Instead of the 80/20 from the union. Opps maybe I should have kept that to myself. And before i get ragged on remember I got a family to feed .

I was laid off From Yellow PDU in sept went to work for USF Glen Moore my insurance just kicked in I pay $77.00 per week for premium coverage and I had to use it already when I would buy my meds with the union insurance i would pay $350.00 per month with the YRC insurance that I have now I only pay $20.00 per month. i guess it equals out and I also forgot I have 90/10 coverage. Instead of the 80/20 from the union. Opps maybe I should have kept that to myself. And before i get ragged on remember I got a family to feed .

With Central states there are so many things you pay for and aren't covered it equals out to paying a monthly premium. If you are not sick its great!

What you are forgetting is the large paycut you got to go with it. For those of us not incurring large medicine expenses every month, we would just pay and pay under your plan.

i just thaught that if they could find coverage that is egual to what we already have they could probably save more that way by paying much less monthly to our health and not need to bother us about giving back hourly wages