Yellow | YRCW Making Unilateral Changes To Disciplinary Standards....IBT Protests

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
YRCW Making Unilateral Changes To Disciplinary Standards....IBT Protests

Download PDF Here

http://www.mediafire.com/view/gmd31bodjm6sd6t/YRC_2014_001.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
When did using a cellphone with a hands -free device become a violation that the DOT can issue a citation for?

The DOT approved the use of hands-free devices in a commercial vehicle....KK

Distracted Driving | Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

Instead of worrying about how many days are left in the quarter you should try be up to date with the regulations! :hide: :LMAO:

According to your FMCSA article Triplex...

Use of mobile phones is restricted for CMV drivers

This rule restricts a CMV driver from reaching for or holding a mobile phone to conduct a voice communication, as well as dialing by pressing more than a single button. CMV drivers who use a mobile phone while driving can only operate a hands-free phone located in close proximity. In short, the rule prohibits unsafely reaching for a device, holding a mobile phone, or pressing multiple buttons.
How can drivers use a mobile phone and still obey the rules?

Locate the mobile phone so it is operable by the driver while restrained by properly adjusted safety belts.
Utilize an earpiece or the speaker phone function.
Use voice-activated or one-button touch features to initiate, answer, or terminate a call.

Distracted Driving | Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

Instead of worrying about how many days are left in the quarter you should try be up to date with the regulations! :hide: :LMAO:

AGAIN...WHY?....oh, and there are 17 days left in the 3Q....LOL.....KK

"How can drivers use a mobile phone and still obey the rules?

Locate the mobile phone so it is operable by the driver while restrained by properly adjusted safety belts.
Use voice-activated or one-button touch features to initiate, answer, or terminate a call."

SO, if you are doing it based on the DOT regulations, WHY would they issue a citation?

Yeah, I know all about the YRCW cell phone policies....but they need to tell Linehaul to quit calling us while we are driving to re-dispatch us!.....KK

This rule restricts a CMV driver from reaching for or holding a mobile phone to conduct a voice communication, as well as dialing by pressing more than a single button. CMV drivers who use a mobile phone while driving can only operate a hands-free phone located in close proximity. In short, the rule prohibits unsafely reaching for a device, holding a mobile phone, or pressing multiple buttons.

Use voice-activated or one-button touch features to initiate, answer, or terminate a call.

AGAIN...WHY?....oh, and there are 17 days left in the 3Q....LOL.....KK

"How can drivers use a mobile phone and still obey the rules?

Use voice-activated or one-button touch features to initiate, answer, or terminate a call."

SO, if you are doing it based on the DOT regulations, WHY would they issue a citation?

Yeah, I know all about the YRCW cell phone policies....but they need to tell Linehaul to quit calling us while we are driving to re-dispatch us!.....KK

Typical Government regulation - makes things more confusing in my opinion.

Did YRCF not come out about a year ago and put in company policy that hand held, or hands free devices are not to be used while operating company equipment???

<snip>

Since it's not a job requirement to have a personal cell phone, why not ignore the call?

Since it's not a job requirement to have a personal cell phone, why not ignore the call?

Thats the point....but TOO MANY answer it en-route when they have empties and are getting their dispatch changed to get more miles....fine and dandy, but when they get somewhere less favorable, they want to ***** about being called....THEN WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?...."I did not know it was YRC calling"....BS!.....KK

Thats the point....but TOO MANY answer it en-route when they have empties and are getting their dispatch changed to get more miles....fine and dandy, but when they get somewhere less favorable, they want to ***** about being called....THEN WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?...."I did not know it was YRC calling"....BS!.....KK

You hit the nail on the head - OK to bend the rules when it's a personal benefit, but complain when it's not. Like I've said many times, we are our own worst enemy.

They cannot call my cell.I have all of the terminal numbers blocked in mine????

This is funny, other trucking companies have been educating their drivers on these new, now old, regulations for years now and this is the first I have seen of our management even acknowledging them. When I asked questions about these rules a few years ago at my terminal they seemed to be totally oblivious. Nice to know that management puts in their 20% of effort when they expect 180% out of us.

You own that phone.... use how you see fit! I live in the boonies in N Fla ( dead zone) so no cell service , I give them a 800 number to use but there was supervisor that insisted on calling collect on my non 800 land-line number, no problem I had YRC blocked on the non 800 line! Again its your phone!!!:1036316054:

They can call all they want, you don't have to answer when you are driving....I would hope you have the numbers of ALL your callers in your phone to screen in case you are busy....my phone will send a rejection text that I have pre-assigned when driving..they call them smart phones for a reason......KK

They can call all they want, you don't have to answer when you are driving....I would hope you have the numbers of ALL your callers in your phone to screen in case you are busy....my phone will send a rejection text that I have pre-assigned when driving..they call them smart phones for a reason......KK

I have never given out my cell number except to a couple of close family and friends. I tell everyone to call my home (land line) all the time. The main reason is that I don't always keep my cell turned on and I choose not to be on a leash all the time regardless of who wants to call me. I survived for many years without being constantly available to everyone. That being said, when I'm out, I turn on "call forwarding" on my home phone (land line) to forward calls to my cell. That way when I'm out I don't miss work calls.

I have been retired since 1997 from Holland and cannot understand why Yellow continually faults drivers in various manners. I remember when I first started with Holland, a dispatcher was not even allowed to make rude remarks or anything of that nature. You could make suggest to central dispatch on how to better the trip or how to pick and kick and terminals to make things better. You have drivers out there and Yellow knows it, that will brake rules etc. to get what they want. I remember drivers jumping the computer system in their trucks so they would go faster just to beat other drivers to a destination. The drivers are their own worst enemies and Yellow feeds off these situations where they know they can find a driver that will do what they want. If they want to have drivers to have cell phones, let them first get approval first from the DOT to see how the driver can use the cell phones properly and then furnish the cell phone systems if approved at their cost. Again, the drivers are their own worst enemies and will continue to be that way. I am sure they would limit the calls to just their business. That is human nature. I remember the days when we did not even have CBs and if we wanted to call home, we used a pay phone if available. Drivers were friendly and use hand signals to communicate to oncoming drivers. What change all of this.

They are getting nervous about the low score. And of course new equipment is out of the question because they can't afford it. So put it on the employees. Let them do what they want. Just do what you have to do to protect your job. I bid out of P&D because of they're bs. I know you road drivers have to drive so protect yourself