Yellow | YRCW Member Meetings Reports & Comments

i was at sat meeting at 728 i left with a better understanding of where we are. i dont like it! there is no way i could ever consider a no vote. i was at cf when thay shout down i can say its not fun starting over it will change your life. bye the way im at yrc laid off with 180 drivers under me allso my dad is retired roadway city driver i will vote yes

You won't fall off!

A no vote will be the end of your pay checks !
Like it or not it is what it is.

With a quote like (it is what it is) is to just to accept what your told and give up! Thank God most people don't live their lives with a quote like that or we would still believe the world was flat.

How do you know what will happen if we vote NO? And if this companys fails because we have decided not to let Zollars take more of OUR money then so be it! At least we walked away on our two feet and didnt crawl on our knee's and fall off the edge of the (your) world.

Losing a pay check but keeping your pride is what it is! The world will not end and we all will be stronger and much wiser than your cyrstal ball! (it is what it is) :eck13:

Tatt i understand your pride,but it doesnt put food on the table or a roof over the head of my loved ones.If you are willing to vote no and take the risk that it may result in the close down of yrcw and the loss of your job and many others,thats a call only you can make.For me i cant tell my wife and kids dad no longer has a job,but dammit i put it to BZ and that bunch of crooks, and i have my pride.

You don't know JPS .... I do he was one of the best when it came to doing what he was told nothing more nothing less ...... and one you want on your side during a fight with Management.

You all better hope YRC comes threw this UPS Freight is banking on failure ..... lets keep are custmers

keep the spirit

i was at sat meeting at 728 i left with a better understanding of where we are. i dont like it! there is no way i could ever consider a no vote. i was at cf when thay shout down i can say its not fun starting over it will change your life. bye the way im at yrc laid off with 180 drivers under me allso my dad is retired roadway city driver i will vote yes
Good post topsail. I want to keep working (I am laid off working very little) but if something happens, NO ONE can say the Teamsters did not try!!

after the 728 meeting im voting NO! we were told what they need to say to get us to vote yes. the same speach we gotlastime, that a no vote will close the dors in a week. well i hate to say it but close the doors. no need to keep bleeding us when you are going to do it anyway. where are the bank reps telling us they will give us the money for x amount of years if we vote yes on the concessions?

im tired of people saying they cant go home and tell their wife and kids they dont have a job because they voted no. BULLSHIT! OVER 10, 000 yrc employes have had to go home and do that and they aint dead yet, so you can too. i have 200 people under me sitting at the house, some over 2 yrs almost. what about them? the last vote kept us working until the vote went through. that same week they laid off in mass numbers.

im not a yrc hater, or a teamster basher this was the best job i ever had. but its over, and now they are buying time to stash more money. you have the right to vote the way you want to, but a 10 yr. call back aint nothing. if it is then you old guys sit around and wait 10 yrs to get called back. in 10 yrs your life will be destroyed waiting on a job to call you back

where are the bank reps?

after the 728 meeting im voting NO! we were told what they need to say to get us to vote yes. the same speach we gotlastime, that a no vote will close the dors in a week. well i hate to say it but close the doors. no need to keep bleeding us when you are going to do it anyway. where are the bank reps telling us they will give us the money for x amount of years if we vote yes on the concessions?

im tired of people saying they cant go home and tell their wife and kids they dont have a job because they voted no. BULLSHIT! OVER 10, 000 yrc employes have had to go home and do that and they aint dead yet, so you can too. i have 200 people under me sitting at the house, some over 2 yrs almost. what about them? the last vote kept us working until the vote went through. that same week they laid off in mass numbers.

im not a yrc hater, or a teamster basher this was the best job i ever had. but its over, and now they are buying time to stash more money. you have the right to vote the way you want to, but a 10 yr. call back aint nothing. if it is then you old guys sit around and wait 10 yrs to get called back. in 10 yrs your life will be destroyed waiting on a job to call you back
I am glad I have not seen or heard from the bank reps. If the bank(s) did not think YRCW could work out of this predicament they would have closed on us before today. We still have the TARP and bankruptcy options. I hope we don't have to ask for TARP. That would be very embarrassing having all the other truckers on TB ribbing me about that, not to mention they would be blaming it all on me and the Teamsters instead of YRCW. :TR10driving03:

We had our meetings on Friday the 17th 6:30am,12:00 noon and 2:30pm.The local union did a good job explaining the mou and answering questions from the floor from those who attended.Not sure how manny through out the day but in the meeting that I was at we had about 90 guys.The guy's I talked to after the meeting said the local did a good job explaining things.

That's what they want us to do. Vote on something when we don't know the facts. They tell us what they want us to know.

Sounds like they are copying CONgress. "Just vote YES. Nevermind that you haven't read it or understand it. Just vote YES!"

Compare

Possibilities:

PENSION - If we vote yes there will be no contributions to the pension funds for at least 18 months

If we vote no & the company files bankruptcy, we do not know what a judge will order as far as pension payments go

If we vote no and the company doesn't file bankruptcy.....

WAGES - If we vote yes we will take another 5% cut in pay. In our area that brings us to $787.44 per week...less that $41000 per year

If we vote no & the company files bankruptcy, we do not know what a judge will order as far as wages go

BENEFITS - If we vote yes, contributions scheduled to start August 1, 2009(at least in Central States) will be reduced by 80%. What effect will this have on our benefits?

Right now no one can say with certainty, but it is unarguably a huge cut.

If we vote no & the company files bankruptcy, we do not know what a judge will order as far as wages go

So Do You Feel lucky Punk?

Personally, I prefer mustard on my ::shit:: sandwich. JPS, TJ Yellow, there are many on the fence at our barn. Myself and the "guards of the swinging doors" (that's for you annieo) had many conversations over the last week or so. It's a 70/30 split right now or more in favor by my estimates.

Not surprised he would equate being stupid with voting no, that's his opinion, he can shove his opinion up his Fat***!

What words of infinite wisdom did this Wizened Union Sage bring you to solidify your "yes on getting reamed again" vote?

You must be laid off or a very unhappy person. Do you hate your life?? Going thru life with your attitude must be great for your family. I hope you didn't have any children that turned out like you. Just my opinion.

laid off here,
and still getting a nice check every friday,,,,
its called go get another job.
might not be perfect but they are out there...

We had our meetings on Friday the 17th 6:30am,12:00 noon and 2:30pm.The local union did a good job explaining the mou and answering questions from the floor from those who attended.Not sure how manny through out the day but in the meeting that I was at we had about 90 guys.The guy's I talked to after the meeting said the local did a good job explaining things.

Did your local have anything more to add about how our H&W will be affected by these cuts?