Yellow | YRCW on SeekingAlphas likely to bankrupt list

Vwaggs

TB Veteran
Credits
Companies' Risk of Bankruptcy - Audit Integrity -- Seeking Alpha

On the heels of Moody’s publishing a list of “bottom rung” companies most likely to default, Audit Integrity ups the ante with the preliminary findings of a new quantitative model designed to identify large companies most at risk of bankruptcy.

Chairman Jim Kaplan says their approach is to “combine both the power of static (accounting-based) and hazard (market-based) models. This approach allows for dynamic adjusting for potential bankruptcy between financial reporting periods.”

But seriously , folks...

OK, first , what does it mean when it says in the 2nd column "auditors opinion, unqualified"?

and second;
Obviously, Jeff forced you to link this huh???????
despite annieos' disclaimer that she was only kidding...everyone knows cows have calves , not kids.

OK, first , what does it mean when it says in the 2nd column "auditors opinion, unqualified"?

and second;

despite annieos' disclaimer that she was only kidding...everyone knows cows have calves , not kids.

:Off-Topic: :Off-Topic: GOATS HAVE KIDS...I WAS A GOAT ONCE....:Off-Topic:

seeking alpha's track record for financial prognostication aint so hot.

if YRC makes it great.

if we don't, oh well but, let's not let some website that has friends who have YRCW shorted control how we feel about our company.

i wonder who the principals of seeking alpha are?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seeking_Alpha

nothing about how they make their money or who's bankrolling them.

Companies' Risk of Bankruptcy - Audit Integrity -- Seeking Alpha

On the heels of Moody’s publishing a list of “bottom rung” companies most likely to default, Audit Integrity ups the ante with the preliminary findings of a new quantitative model designed to identify large companies most at risk of bankruptcy.

Chairman Jim Kaplan says their approach is to “combine both the power of static (accounting-based) and hazard (market-based) models. This approach allows for dynamic adjusting for potential bankruptcy between financial reporting periods.”

Personally think this is a bunch of crap. Ford too ?!

Quite simply, nobody knows what is going to happen in the next second. When I see these predictions, I have to ask myself what is their purpose. There has to be an agenda behind these forecasts. So if one like this is negative, then I have to assume the desire of the author is for that end. And the only reason for that is because they have a financial stake in that outcome. Therefore I believe it is a self fulfilling prophecy. But, then again, I have tinfoil on my head.

Quite simply, nobody knows what is going to happen in the next second. When I see these predictions, I have to ask myself what is their purpose. There has to be an agenda behind these forecasts. So if one like this is negative, then I have to assume the desire of the author is for that end. And the only reason for that is because they have a financial stake in that outcome. Therefore I believe it is a self fulfilling prophecy. But, then again, I have tinfoil on my head.
So true. Also, tinfoil is not a bad idea: more should have it.

I use aluminum foil myself. Haven't been able to find genuine tin foil for years now! :biglaugh:
(Tried plastic wrap once, but it didn't work as well).

nope what you need is an armadillo hat ref: dukes of hazzard movie

seeking alpha's list is nothing more than a short recommendation.

out of 58 million total shares, 16 million are short.

a lot of speculators want to keep the price down.

i'm a little guilty myself.

i got out at 26 and got back in at 1.62 and i got my sell order in at 6.

Thank you, you just made my point. So whatever this stuff is that I'm wearing on my head seems to be working. I know one thing, it sure as hell isn't hair. Haven't had much of that for a long time now.

Your not short, you just have a "limit" order. Nothing wrong with that.