Yellow | YRCW outsourcing some jobs to India

He said he does not expect the operations in India to grow singnificantly. Yeah, right. :toxic:

Also testified that longer combination vehicles would require 2 trucks instead of 3. And one less driver...Got triples?

Actually, in the past year or so, we've reduced the number of contractors used over there as money has become tighter and tighter. Of the ones I knew about, they were YRCW Technologies.

Why Not Organize The "Back Office" Employees?!

Now is the time for all the non-union hourly employees at Yellow Transportation, Roadway, and USF Holland, to join the Teamsters! Why wait until your job is "outsourced" to some off shore country like India? I would think that Local 41 in Kansas City and Local 24 in Akron would be all over those KCGO and AGO employees like stink on s**t to sign cards now! The "small number" of jobs that the Smidster said are involved now, is just the tip of the iceberg! If you don't have a signed Union Contract in place, YRC can do anything they want to you and you have little, if any protection! Come on people, wake up and smell the coffee! Call your Local Teamsters Union now and get on board with the Brotherhood!:USA:FIGHT THE POWER!:USA:

Now is the time for all the non-union hourly employees at Yellow Transportation, Roadway, and USF Holland, to join the Teamsters! Why wait until your job it "outsourced" to some off shore country like India? I would think that Local 41 in Kansas City and Local 24 in Akron would be all over those KCGO and AGO employees like stink on s**t to sign cards now! The "small number" of jobs that the Smidster said are involved now, is just the tip of the iceberg! If you don't have a signed Union Contract in place, YRC can do anything they want to you and you have little, if any protection! Come on people, wake up and smell the coffee! Call your Local Teamsters Union now and get on board with the Brotherhood!:USA:FIGHT THE POWER!:USA:

I AGREE 100% great post

Ouch

Now is the time for all the non-union hourly employees at Yellow Transportation, Roadway, and USF Holland, to join the Teamsters! Why wait until your job is "outsourced" to some off shore country like India? I would think that Local 41 in Kansas City and Local 24 in Akron would be all over those KCGO and AGO employees like stink on s**t to sign cards now! The "small number" of jobs that the Smidster said are involved now, is just the tip of the iceberg! If you don't have a signed Union Contract in place, YRC can do anything they want to you and you have little, if any protection! Come on people, wake up and smell the coffee! Call your Local Teamsters Union now and get on board with the Brotherhood!:USA:FIGHT THE POWER!:USA:

It's not that I disagree with you, I don't, but I recall back in the 90's the clerks in St. Paul joining the union and shortly there-after their jobs being transfered to the new call center, conveniently located in a right to work state(South Dakota).

point taken

It's not that I disagree with you, I don't, but I recall back in the 90's the clerks in St. Paul joining the union and shortly there-after their jobs being transfered to the new call center, conveniently located in a right to work state(South Dakota).
How many times can they (YRCW) transfer office jobs after they vote union? By the way they are already moving the office guys/gals:smilie_132: around. The excuse is the economy...what better time for Teamsters' to stick together?

Follow The Work!

:USA::funky:
It's not that I disagree with you, I don't, but I recall back in the 90's the clerks in St. Paul joining the union and shortly there-fter their jobs being transfered to the new call center, conveniently located in a right to work state(South Dakota).
Yeah, as I recall back in 1995 Yellow opened up a Union customer service center in Sioux Falls, SD, and a Non-union customer service center in Des Moines, IA. At least the unionized clerks could follow the work to Sioux Falls, and stay in their original Health and Welfare and Pension Plans, and at least they had a white paper contract with the Teamsters, with seniority, etc...! From what I've heard, Roadway also centralized some of their office functions like billing, where they opened up a Union Centralized Billing Center in Toledo, Ohio!

At least these clerks under union contract have some protections. They may have to move just like the drivers do on changes of operation, but at least they get the opportunity to "follow the work"!:USA: