Holland | YRCW Pension Update 5/27/2009

i would have expected a letter like this from the start.if there was ever a company in bed with our leadership yellow is at the top of the list.a company that has ever wanted to quit paying pension payments in the history of the teamsters has been served a strike notice. it is a darn shame that we have bowed down to this. everything our brothers have fought for has been given away on a silver platter. we my brothers as a company, are the laughing stock of the freight industry, just for the simple reason of what they have done to holland as a whole, likewise for our current union leadership, who 4weeks ago were playing golf with all these company cronies in vegas and have the nerve to call it a leadership conf. what a joke. i have been a dedicated teamster to the current leadership since day one but i cant beileve how much this has been a game with yellow and all our union does is bend over backwards and take it, and we as members pay the price. i cant wait till justice is served on this company and i will be first in line to serve some to them.

i would have expected a letter like this from the start.if there was ever a company in bed with our leadership yellow is at the top of the list.a company that has ever wanted to quit paying pension payments in the history of the teamsters has been served a strike notice. it is a darn shame that we have bowed down to this. everything our brothers have fought for has been given away on a silver platter. we my brothers as a company, are the laughing stock of the freight industry, just for the simple reason of what they have done to holland as a whole, likewise for our current union leadership, who 4weeks ago were playing golf with all these company cronies in vegas and have the nerve to call it a leadership conf. what a joke. i have been a dedicated teamster to the current leadership since day one but i cant beileve how much this has been a game with yellow and all our union does is bend over backwards and take it, and we as members pay the price. i cant wait till justice is served on this company and i will be first in line to serve some to them.

486 I could not agree with you more Brother. We will never gain back what Hoffa has given away. Our pensions are sacred monies and now that is going up in smoke, too.:TR10driving03:

K K let us all stay on our pension trustees to turn down this assinine YRC proposal to allow us real estate liens on YRC terminals in lieu of monetary pension contributions. What a joke, that will prove to be in the long run. Plus, if YRC gets federal bailout monies, Uncle Sam gets his money back first and our pension funds will get zippo. YRC stay outta my pension money. Hoffa should tell YRC to take a hike.:ranting2::Flame-On:

Remain patient!

What a crock of ::shit::. The companies economic hardship, what about the people that are laid off or worse have lost their job, what about their economic hardship? The Teamsters are a bunch of little girls without any kahoonas! This company is out to destroy the union and all the Teamsters can do is get #$@# without even a kiss. How long are we supposed to take this? I can see it now we will all be in our 70s or 80s drving our truck down the road because we don't have a pension or Social Security. Have patience, mine are running thin right now. When I don't have money to pay my bills mine will be skating on thin ice. Let's let YRCW and the Teamsters walk all over us some more. :ranting2:

How hard would it be to go get under a new union leadership such as the AFL- CIO? Could this be done or just wishfull thinking. Maybe they have bigger gonads to do what is right for us. Maybe if we would pull out of the Teamters and get new representation, it would send a message.

what scares me...what if thing here...If YRC goes under, all those terminals they sold to Estes will be lost. The Union will be at the top of the creditors list and since all the property is in Estes hands means any monies gotten by the union will a percent of whats owed. I say take our chances and make them pay the fund...Also the AFL-CIO might not ne a bad choice....probably doesn`t mean squat but it was a thought. Somehow I get cold chills with all this because of the things that happend when CF closed..

I think its time we all do something not just talk about it. What are our options. My husband picked up 164 pounds today. one for 4# one for 160# and was brought in. How sad. Im so tired of worrying. With our leadership we are helpless.

I think its time we all do something not just talk about it. What are our options. My husband picked up 164 pounds today. one for 4# one for 160# and was brought in. How sad. Im so tired of worrying. With our leadership we are helpless.

The only thing that ever changes around here,is the date!!

How hard would it be to go get under a new union leadership such as the AFL- CIO? Could this be done or just wishfull thinking. Maybe they have bigger gonads to do what is right for us. Maybe if we would pull out of the Teamters and get new representation, it would send a message.

The AFL-CIO is NOT a Union....it is a coaltion of Unions under one governing body. The IBT was in it until they spun off to form The Changing To Win Group.

Getting out of The Teamsters is not an option.....KK

your the teamster we all are,get with one another,stick togather, talk to your BA I said talk! make them work for you!

your the teamster we all are,get with one another,stick togather, talk to your BA I said talk! make them work for you!
When I read the topic I thought it was gonna say that we will not have one. Then again I maybe right anyway.........

Im So Gone

What a crock of ::shit::. The companies economic hardship, what about the people that are laid off or worse have lost their job, what about their economic hardship? The Teamsters are a bunch of little girls without any kahoonas! This company is out to destroy the union and all the Teamsters can do is get #$@# without even a kiss. How long are we supposed to take this? I can see it now we will all be in our 70s or 80s drving our truck down the road because we don't have a pension or Social Security. Have patience, mine are running thin right now. When I don't have money to pay my bills mine will be skating on thin ice. Let's let YRCW and the Teamsters walk all over us some more. :ranting2:
I got your economic hardship right here, big time. For me The dock job is gone forever, part time casuals will be there, I won’t. giving A rats :eck13: about the teamsters is gone, the rah rah teamster flyers line the bottom of my bird cage. You better think again about driving a truck when your too old to pass a dot physical, it happened to me at 35 years old, yes I once was a driver. your
Health is here today gone tomorrow, they will flunk you for the smallest reasons, trust me on this. I have turned my back on this industry and the teamsters with it. I believe I will never see a dime for all my years working towards a pension that will soon be broke. Im pissed I wasted so much time I cant get back on this lost cause teamster ::shit::.

what scares me...what if thing here...If YRC goes under, all those terminals they sold to Estes will be lost. The Union will be at the top of the creditors list and since all the property is in Estes hands means any monies gotten by the union will a percent of whats owed. I say take our chances and make them pay the fund...Also the AFL-CIO might not ne a bad choice....probably doesn`t mean squat but it was a thought. Somehow I get cold chills with all this because of the things that happend when CF closed..

if yrc goes down,the banks get first crack at the real estate the teamsters will have wait in line. this crap about secureing property for our pension is nonsense.

top dog

You are forgetting that our top driver is in his 70s. The guys might want him to retire but he might not be so foolish after all. If the pension goes belly up and social security is well on its way, at least he might have some money saved up to live on.

We all might be driving until we are 70 or 80, get ready!

I got your economic hardship right here, big time. For me The dock job is gone forever, part time casuals will be there, I won’t. giving A rats :eck13: about the teamsters is gone, the rah rah teamster flyers line the bottom of my bird cage. You better think again about driving a truck when your too old to pass a dot physical, it happened to me at 35 years old, yes I once was a driver. your
Health is here today gone tomorrow, they will flunk you for the smallest reasons, trust me on this. I have turned my back on this industry and the teamsters with it. I believe I will never see a dime for all my years working towards a pension that will soon be broke. Im pissed I wasted so much time I cant get back on this lost cause teamster ::shit::.
WTF!!!! Grow up would ya?!!!!!!!!!!!