XPO | YRCW Presses On

George

3rd rock from the sun
Credits
They floated the deal with the bondholders. Premarket stock prices tumble for YRCW, CNW, ABFS, ODFL. Press on

This shows no matter who you work for we are all in this together.

Truer words have never been spoken. Everyone keeps saying we have too many carriers and not enough freight for the market.. As of right now that's true, but we're also waist deep in a recession. Sooner or later customer confidence is going to return and we're gonna be swimming in the freight. Or am I a naive optimist?

Truer words have never been spoken. Everyone keeps saying we have too many carriers and not enough freight for the market.. As of right now that's true, but we're also waist deep in a recession. Sooner or later customer confidence is going to return and we're gonna be swimming in the freight. Or am I a naive optimist?

At my barn, we are already up to our necks, never been so busy at this time of year in the 5 years I have been there.

Now my question is will conway worry about themselves to help themselves instead of purposely losing money on accts to hurt yrc.....how about play on your strengths instead ..from what i have seen conways yeild, revenue and tonnage there all out of wack from the pricings ur regional sales mgrs have been approving.now whts ur plan????

Now my question is will conway worry about themselves to help themselves instead of purposely losing money on accts to hurt yrc.....how about play on your strengths instead ..from what i have seen conways yeild, revenue and tonnage there all out of wack from the pricings ur regional sales mgrs have been approving.now whts ur plan????

I suspect you are asking the wrong group. We just drive the trucks, the company is not in the habit of requesting our input either before, or after operating decisions. Your anger at perceived wrongs by our company, or any other company, should be directed at those who make such plans, not at those who are forced to carry them out.

I suspect you are asking the wrong group. We just drive the trucks, the company is not in the habit of requesting our input either before, or after operating decisions. Your anger at perceived wrongs by our company, or any other company, should be directed at those who make such plans, not at those who are forced to carry them out.

Well said, you are asking the wrong folks. All I know is we are BUSY!!!!!:shift:

I already think you know the answers to your questions ...

It`s wag the dog, no one sees the mirrow because the smoke is in there eyes. Sit back and watch what happens.
We've been sitting back and watching since the last time you said this same thing. We've been watching and everything is fine. Our Capitalist company (keyword: Capitalist), is weathering the storm and only worrying about the interest of the company...not any other company.

Don't blame it all on Con-Way...it's the parcel carriers who dabble in freight that have the deep pockets and can afford to cut freight rates.

Sad part is us small fries are the ones tacking it in the back side with pay cuts, frozen 401k, higher insurance premiums, forced overtime and what ever else corporate feels they can get away with in order to put a company out business which destroys other small fries just like us.
By the way some of these companies that do this also put you in harms way by jeopardizing the company you work for on a gamble that they can put another company under. It's just sad that we have to pay for it. no matter who we work for, we should all be on the same page. After all we are all in this together.

We've been sitting back and watching since the last time you said this same thing. We've been watching and everything is fine. Our Capitalist company (keyword: Capitalist), is weathering the storm and only worrying about the interest of the company...not any other company.
I do not understand your use of the word capitalist, but I know what you mean. I could care less what Con-way does as long as my settlement checks are good to cash. Let me break this down, there are things that I can not say or reveal here or anywhere else. Sorry, but that is the way it is. The wag the dog, and smoke and mirrows is just a saying. Study business, watch the flow of there money, study the key players, find out everything that you can about who you are researching, and then after a while you will see where the are going and how they will do it. The only thing that you will not be able to do is say what day they will do something. So if you like to read, go for it, if you don`t the let it pass you by, because if you start to study and research any company, you will get a headache.:USA::USA::USA::USA:

Almost forgot, where I live yrc just closed a terminal where there were 600+ employees, out of the 600, 280 just took there early retirement, some are looking for other jobs, the rest I do not know about. And all of this just before christmass.