Holland | YRCW Seeking Economic Relief From Teamsters

I click on the link and it takes me to the web site, but nowhere does it give any info on the specifics of what YRC wants. Just that they are seeking economic relief. How much and on what, wages? benefits? vacations?

THEY JUST RELEASED IT GIVE IT TIME :chairshot:

If you don't have a PDF file reading program, you may need to download one before you can read it. Here's a link for a free download.

Adobe - Adobe Reader Download - All versions

I have the pdf reader, what I'm saying is what shows up on the Teamster web site in the pdf file doesn't give any specifics. It only says that YRC is seeking relief. My question again is relief from what? As far as I'm concerned is if YRC needs my money to run their company forget it. It has never worked before.

Got ya. I guess they don't have anything to report yet? I agree with you. I say get rid of Bill Zollars and then see if things get any better, thats my opinion/vote.

I don't think we should be the first for any givebacks, How about starting at the top and working their way down? That will make us last to giveback. I'm unwilling to help if let's say my TM isn't asked to do his part.

Has anyone ever checked out Zollars salary. Forbes.com has a profile on him and all the board of directors. You can obtain this information at William D. Zollars Profile - Forbes.com
I think that he should be the 1st on to take a pay cut in order to preserve the company. I am not opposed to doing my part and taking a pay cut if it means keeping a job. However, I am a laid off road driver. I was laid off in January, brought back in August and laid off again the 7th of November. I haven't heard of Zollars or any of the other execs being laid off or taking pay cuts. We need to stand together as brothers and make the union work for us. They should require that whatever paycut we have to take the exectives take double of... With a total compensation package of $5,000,000.00 per year, he could afford to take a 50% paycut and put drivers back to work.

zollars must go before any talk of givebacks,he is the problem no other trucking has the stock slide as yrc.sure things are slow it will pick up. ups ,abf they know how run a company in slow times,i repeat zollars must go.

check out the YRCW website- there is a news release from today that mentions a wage reduction for teamsters. I do not know how to link it for everyone.

check out the YRCW website- there is a news release from today that mentions a wage reduction for teamsters. I do not know how to link it for everyone.

YRC Worldwide- News Release

The consummation of the tender offer is not conditioned upon any minimum amount of Notes being tendered, but is conditioned upon the satisfaction or waiver of the conditions set forth in the Offer to Purchase. One such condition is that the employees of subsidiaries of the company represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters who are subject to the National Master Freight Agreement, effective April 1, 2008 through March 31, 2013, shall have ratified an amendment to that agreement regarding a wage reduction. The company is currently discussing with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters a proposal to enter into such an amendment

There is a two man meeting November 24-26, 2008 with business agents in Scottsdale, Arizona. Do you think we as members will get to vote on this? I would like to think so, but can we hold there feet to the fire who knows! I'm scared that it could be another utility type deal!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a two man meeting November 24-26, 2008 with business agents in Scottsdale, Arizona. Do you think we as members will get to vote on this? I would like to think so, but can we hold there feet to the fire who knows! I'm scared that it could be another utility type deal!!!!!!!!!!!

Im guessing the ballots are counted before they are mailed. Translation=DONE DEAL!

Oh No!! here they come.

I have the pdf reader, what I'm saying is what shows up on the Teamster web site in the pdf file doesn't give any specifics. It only says that YRC is seeking relief. My question again is relief from what? As far as I'm concerned is if YRC needs my money to run their company forget it. It has never worked before.

Kick backs!!!! been there done that don't want to do it again! :TR10driving03:

During the conference call today, it WAS stated that the IBT would not entertain any concession unless it was approved by the membership AND matched by management. Action must be quick if we decide to take it, which is why the meeting in Washington is happening tonight. Once they find out what is needed and what is possible, it will be brought to a 2 man committee from all the freight locals now set up for Next Wed. Dec. 3rd in Scottsdale, AZ. If approved by the 2 man committee, it will be brought to the freight membership for a vote, as I understand it. No details are available yet except they are looking at money (mileage & hourly cuts). That being said and given the history of the old 15% give-back language, which by the way was removed from the contract because no carrier ever survived it. However there was a lot of people that got extra time out of it and made it to retirement because of it, so it wasn't all bad. Now that leaves us with a choice of somewhere between a possibility of a chance to slight to no chance. Ahhhh, democracy. :smilie_132:

Sorry to took so long to respond guys.

As some of you know, I broke my left ankle 3 weeks ago and was barely getting around...2 days ago my right knee cap blew out from all the stress....so now I can't walk and have to use a wheelchair for awhile.

I can only get to the PC when my wife is there to help me into the wheelchair, and then I head straight for Truckingboards as I did last night with this YRCW post.

YRCW is meeting with the IBT as we speak and a "two man" meeting will be held in Scottsdale, AZ on 12/3/2008 from 10 am until 2pm.

Hoffa has told YRCW that our benefits are off the table....just hourly and milege wages will be dicussed.

If an agreement is done by then....the MEMBERS will be voting to ratifiy it over the next few days.

So I would advise you to get your butts to your local Union Hall and find out the facts....some of you may have to call to get directions seeing how you never go in the first place, but they will be glad to tell you how to get there!....Don't laugh, you know it happens!.....KK

Info update.