Holland | YRCW Seeking Economic Relief From Teamsters

4 day weekends when most of the trucks are back in have been scaring the heck out of me since YRC bought us this one is no different , watch freight levels Wednesday Night.

So they go to AZ on GM private jet, play a couple rounds of golf.. maybe go see Barret Jackson buy a car or two.. and hubbys job goes the way of Preston 151, Trans Con, Commerical Lovelace should I keep naming..

I come from a strong UNION back ground and this is a crock of sh--!

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to Bill Zollars and rest of the big wigs..

Just my thinking

If we give back anything, they might as well lock up the doors. Has any company made it after the give back. I cant think of any. NO GIVE BACKS

I am bad !

Info update.

Sorry K.K., I just have to do it. Three weeks ago, wasn't that about the time, some of the meetings were happening?
I was just wondering if you fell off of a bar stool. Like I said I just had to let you have it. Your knee happened when your wife kicked it, when she found out. Now does anybody else have a story to tell how K. K. broke his ankle?
Like everyone else says you are the best source of news, but I had to do this. ESP gone:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Fellows:
I just spoke to our union president. He has stated that YRC wants a 10% cut in our pay(wages). This would applies to USF Corp, Roadway, New Penn. The union has made it clear our benefits are NOT to be tampered with. A meeting I know from our local will be coming forthwith to discuss this issue. These discussions have been on going and we will have to wait to see what happens. As usual a vote will be taken on this matter. .......Where is the justice???? YRC is bleeding us dry now they want to suck the breadth from us!!!!!!

i can't tell you how to vote but think about this there no were to go. after cf shut down we had holland roadway yellow abf new penn and few others.i said i'd never give cf one and they pull our's before we got our chance but if we had and it passed we might have got a few more months to work and to get our vac and sick taking they beat me out of 7weeks of vac one week sick just something to think about. but don't voted pissoff if some of you can find your hall go to this meeting good luck to all

I would probably agree and say yes to the 10% if it was across the board but this discrimination in only naming USF Holland, Roadway and New Penn< SUCKS> WHY NOT YELLOW THEY CAUSED THIS MESS AND NOW WE HAVE TO SUFFER...

I would probably agree and say yes tot he 10% if it was across the board but this discrimination in only naming USF Holland, Roadway and New Penn< SUCKS> WHY NOT YELLOW THEY CAUSED THIS MESS AND NOW WE HAVE TO SUFFER...

Its all YRC company's. Yellow/Roadway is included too. USF, Yellow/Roadway, New Penn and any other YRC owned company thats under the master freight contract.

new update on teamster.org.. discussion with yrc continue for second day..

&quot;accounting rules have forced them to declare the roadway and usf acquiston as largely worthless&quot;

the banks mandated virtually all of its assets now.. essentially means they have no further opportunity to borrow money and could face the ultimate liquidity crisis nex year..

If YRC wants relief., why don't that corporate pig Zollars and the rest of his corporate pig buddies give back a percentage of their salaries, bonuses and company incentives. Want to save money, that would be a great place to start. What we make is peanuts compaired to what they make. Its bad enough that we're already getting robbed from the government to bail out these greedy bankers with our hard earned dollars. Now its YRC asking us TEAMSTERS for a bail out. Cut me a break.

Benny is Correct all of YRC company's will be involved with this economic relief request by YRC. What rally sticks in my throat, is management won't be touched by this cut they will still be receiving their full salary. Your CEO will be sitting back with his fat salary and laugh at us.

NO company has failed because of its workers or workers pay, POOR Management and sponsoring 10th ranked golfers has led this company down the path of no return.

Vote NO to givebacks and call for Zollars' and the rest of his worthless crew to be removed from their over-payed rolls in destroying YRCW!!!!

memo from local 407- 11-25-08 accounting rules have forced them to declare the roadway and usf acquisitions as largely worthless. watt slap in the face ,zollars must go before any negotiating can begin

Wake up! Their combining of yellow and roadway, and now kick-backs? They are gonna downsize to just Yellow. Its gonna happen. But they want everyone to give a kick-back before they kick us all out on our butts. So they have a chance to get a big bonus before they shut us down. DON'T DO IT!! Everyone vote against the kick-back. You are all gonna be out of a job anyway. Face reality! But take them down with you. The IBT is bending over for YRC{from the beginning} because, without YRC, the IBT would be in a lot of trouble. Maybe even be the end of IBT. The IBT is not worrying about your job, they are worried about their's.

I don't agree.

Benny is Correct all of YRC company's will be involved with this economic relief request by YRC. What rally sticks in my throat, is management won't be touched by this cut they will still be receiving their full salary. Your CEO will be sitting back with his fat salary and laugh at us.

Actually I don't agree that management wont be touched, because they already have. They froze their benefits till 01/2009 and after that they will lower their benefits and there has been wholesale layoffs in management.

So the YRCW thinking at this point is, what's good for the goose is good for the gander, except that with us it will be on the economic side, wages, cola and kick backs. My opinion.

Good point thanks for pointing this out to me. I have forgotten about the squeeze on management was being done. Now it appears were going to pay the price

If I do not do my job, I do not get paid. Bill Z. and the IBT should not get one penny for allowing this to happen. DO NOT vote for any pay cut. Bill Z. will walk away richer and you will be out of a job regardless. Get what you can before it is over. I tried to warn people at contract time and many of you did not listen. I hope you do not trust the IBT or your Local on this issue. If the USF acquisition is worthless, why? USF Holland reported a $100m yearly profit before YRC. What has changed? Have you changed? Did you stop doing your job and start milking the Company? Two things have changed that destroyed our Company and cost me and many others our jobs, 1. Bill Z. and 2. The IBT with the failed Leadership of James and his crew have weakened the Teamster Truck Driver to the point that we are just a token of the past.