Holland | YRCW Seeking Economic Relief From Teamsters

Two things have changed that destroyed our Company and cost me and many others our jobs, 1. Bill Z. and 2. The IBT with the failed Leadership of James and his crew have weakened the Teamster Truck Driver to the point that we are just a token of the past.

I agree 100%.

Look at the boneheaded decision Zollars and management have made, it seems like they are intentionally tanking YRC.

In June of '08 they announced a big $$$ sponsorship with Jim Furyk......WHY??? Surely they had to know YRC's financial status at that point.

And Jr's moves have undermined the Teamster Freight side.

Why would you give a company with deep pockets a less costly contract when they are in direct competition with other unionized freight companies? I am referring to UPS Freight and their substandard contract.

:chairshot:

Good point thanks for pointing this out to me. I have forgotten about the squeeze on management was being done. Now it appears were going to pay the price

You will pay the price only if you allow these concessions. (The price is Bill Z.'s salary.) We have a contract, management does not. Our contract is not the best, but the fact remains it is a contract. If they could not afford this contract, they should not have offered and agreed to the terms.

Fellows:
I just spoke to our union president. He has stated that YRC wants a 10% cut in our pay(wages). This would applies to USF Corp, Roadway, New Penn. The union has made it clear our benefits are NOT to be tampered with. A meeting I know from our local will be coming forthwith to discuss this issue. These discussions have been on going and we will have to wait to see what happens. As usual a vote will be taken on this matter. .......Where is the justice???? YRC is bleeding us dry now they want to suck the breadth from us!!!!!!

I am not surprised that the IBT has demanded that our benefits will not be touched. That is their money, not ours. The IBT has already lost the $6.1b they received when they let UPS out of our pension fund. I am also tired of hearing about the economy. I lost my job, I found a different job and I don't need a bail out. I am required to manage my life and live within my means. YRC, Bill Z. and the IBT should be required to do the same.
Our pay has already been cut. YRC has been given every recent issue from your Layover money to work rules. If they want 10% let the IBT and Bill Z. pay for their mistakes.

I am not surprised that the IBT has demanded that our benefits will not be touched. That is their money, not ours. The IBT has already lost the $6.1b they received when they let UPS out of our pension fund. I am also tired of hearing about the economy. I lost my job, I found a different job and I don't need a bail out. I am required to manage my life and live within my means. YRC, Bill Z. and the IBT should be required to do the same.
Our pay has already been cut. YRC has been given every recent issue from your Layover money to work rules. If they want 10% let the IBT and Bill Z. pay for their mistakes.

once again and for the one millionth time (approximately) the IBT has absolutely NOTHING to do with the pension money

once again and for the one millionth time (approximately) the IBT has absolutely NOTHING to do with the pension money

If you can possible stand to explain this for the 101 millionth time, please do. I know that the pension is managed by central states. How are these board members appointed? Who do they answer to? Will they continue to be on the board if they don't follow instructions?
:popcorn:

Can you explain how the IBT LOST the 6 Billion from UPS when they have no control over the fund?????????

If you can possible stand to explain this for the 101 millionth time, please do. I know that the pension is managed by central states. How are these board members appointed? Who do they answer to? Will they continue to be on the board if they don't follow instructions?
:popcorn:

the board of directors may not even be in the trucking industry. They are people that are leaders in other industries and are paid to manage these funds with a lot of other people!! Some are in banking, some in trucking, others in other things. They give instructions to the IBT as to how much more money they need per contract to stay solvent. THE IBT DOES NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER ANY OF THE MONEY

the board of directors may not even be in the trucking industry. They are people that are leaders in other industries and are paid to manage these funds with a lot of other people!! Some are in banking, some in trucking, others in other things. They give instructions to the IBT as to how much more money they need per contract to stay solvent. THE IBT DOES NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER ANY OF THE MONEY

Who appoints the board of directors for the fund?

Remember one thing brothers and sisters. If we're forced to give back, our loss will be someone elses gain. These corporate pigs will reward themselves bonuses off of our expense. Vote no to give backs !!!!!!!!!! Way to go Zollars. You bit of more than you could chew. You caused this mess now you find a way out of it. I'm not going to help bail you out. Let me give you some advice. Why don't you invest some of your millions into common sense for yourself. You sure could use some. You sure know how to destroy companies. Isn't that the responsibility of a CEO? Destroy companies and reward themselves bonuses.

Its all YRC company's. Yellow/Roadway is included too. USF, Yellow/Roadway, New Penn and any other YRC owned company thats under the master freight contract.
If you check the abf board i guess they are asking them for the same cut economic relief from the master freight agreement so they dont get in trouble like yrc.

What I have been reading and hearing is that if YRC gets it, then ABF will ask for it too. They will say that they can't compete with the other Union company's if they have to pay 100% of the wages. Watch and see, once this happens to the Union company's then the non-Union company's will take more away from their employee's and say the same thing as the Union company's. Thats just my opinion about that happening to them but we'll just have to wait and see what happens. And what about the United Auto Workers? Will the Big 3 ask for wage cuts too?

I have this really sick feeling that what is going on with the Auto makers and now with YRC, is that this is George Bush's last hurrah and that he is doing everything in his power to finally break the unions in this country. Just my opinion. Vote no and if they close sooner than later then we can all get on with our lives. We are not getting any younger so I say let them live with the contract that they signed less than 1 year ago. They wanted this weak piece of crap contract and it's still not good enough for them. If we give back 10 percent are our living costs going down 10 percent? I don't think so. VOTE NO and don't fall for the Kool-Aid Cocktail they will feed us. It won't make things better. Don't fall for the promise of getting the money back later, because you can't trust them. If you could trust them then they would live by the contract that they signed. We didn't go back and ask for a 10 percent raise when gas went to $4.15 a gallon. Remember when Mr. Z bought the USF companies he did an end run around the stockholders to complete the sale. So as a stockholder and 16 year employee I say either Mr. Z fixes this mess himself or he quits (or gets fired) and let someone who can fix it take over. VOTE NO and for once let's stick together.