Holland | YRCW Seeking Economic Relief From Teamsters

William D. Zollars Profile - Forbes.com

Read this page straight from the Forbes magazine web site and especially check out Mr. Z's breakdown of the $5 million per year he receives. Then decide if you want to vote for a giveback.
There were 10 people total on that web page. My guess is, that if all ten of them YRC big shots (and the rest of the failed mgt. regime) gave back 15% of their pay and perks, we wouldn't have the financial problem that we have.

Quote From AOL Money"I believe our freight members understand the terrible economic conditions that are battering the trucking industry," said Jim Hoffa, Teamsters General President. "We are facing the worst economic environment since the Great Depression. We all need to work together to get through this period of uncertainty. This agreement will help protect tens of thousands of our members' jobs. Failing to act now would be a grave mistake."

I wonder if this means the exceutive board will take a paycut also, and lower or suspend our dues. :hysterical::hysterical:

Trucking company YRC makes deal with Teamsters

AP ONLINE
Posted: 2008-11-28 17:28

YRC Worldwide Inc. and the Teamsters on Friday announced a deal that the union said would provide "economic relief" to YRC, one of the world's largest trucking companies, which has been struggling with a dropoff in demand as the economy slows.

The tentative agreement would cover some 40,000 employees, including dock workers, drivers, and clerical workers.

Neither YRC nor the Teamsters disclosed terms of the tentative agreement. But the company had said previously that it was seeking pay cuts, and Teamsters spokesman Bret Caldwell said the deal focused on pay, pensions and benefits.

"There was never any discussion about amending work rules or any of the specs of the contract," he said.

Caldwell said the agreement needs approval by Teamsters leaders, who will review it on Wednesday. It then needs a member vote, expected to wrap up near the end of December, he said.....

Full story: Trucking company YRC makes deal with Teamsters - AOL Money & Finance

10 or 15% aint goin to save this ship and we know it ... the road drivers forced on these new 'bids' with a reduction in pay, then with a reduction goin back to yrc are goin to have an unhappy attitude

:mad:

:hissyfit:

:cuss:

"I believe our freight members understand the terrible economic conditions that are battering the trucking industry," said Jim Hoffa, Teamsters General President. "We are facing the worst economic environment since the Great Depression. We all need to work together to get through this period of uncertainty. This agreement will help protect tens of thousands of our members' jobs. Failing to act now would be a grave mistake."

We, We, We....Do you have a mouse in your pocket Jr.???

Zollars continued, "The industry decline in volumes and pricing is continuing in the current quarter, affecting our profits and cash flow and our ability to pay down debt from operating funds. The modification to the agreement, which we expect to be ratified in December, will establish a more competitive cost structure allowing us to accelerate our market share recovery and capitalize on opportunities for future growth, while at the same time, defending the long-term prospects and job security of our employees."

EXPECT to be ratified in December??? What are you giving up Zollars???

:tongue0002:

One bird for Zollars and one for Jr.!!!!!

:eck13:

I bet Mr. Z isn't giving up any of his $5 million per year compensation. It makes me sick. It's not bad enough he has cut office help to 35 hours a week. He cuts Road Drivers pay by changing how they run and how they are paid, and now he wants another 10-15%. Where does it end. They signed the contract, live with it. No way he will give up his pay. Probably will get a bonus for pulling this off.

"I believe our freight members understand the terrible economic conditions that are battering the trucking industry," said Jim Hoffa, Teamsters General President. "We are facing the worst economic environment since the Great Depression. We all need to work together to get through this period of uncertainty. This agreement will help protect tens of thousands of our members' jobs. Failing to act now would be a grave mistake."

We, We, We....Do you have a mouse in your pocket Jr.???

Zollars continued, "The industry decline in volumes and pricing is continuing in the current quarter, affecting our profits and cash flow and our ability to pay down debt from operating funds. The modification to the agreement, which we expect to be ratified in December, will establish a more competitive cost structure allowing us to accelerate our market share recovery and capitalize on opportunities for future growth, while at the same time, defending the long-term prospects and job security of our employees."

EXPECT to be ratified in December??? What are you giving up Zollars???

:tongue0002:

One bird for Zollars and one for Jr.!!!!!

:eck13:

TRANSLATION=DONE DEAL:nutkick:

I bet Mr. Z isn't giving up any of his $5 million per year compensation. It makes me sick. It's not bad enough he has cut office help to 35 hours a week. He cuts Road Drivers pay by changing how they run and how they are paid, and now he wants another 10-15%. Where does it end. They signed the contract, live with it. No way he will give up his pay. Probably will get a bonus for pulling this off.

He probably will get a bonus for pulling this off, and Mr. Z and Jr. are also driving the stock prices up with YRC's and the Teamster's press releases. I bet they will drive the price up, dump all their holdings in the company, and then close the doors.

We the members are affected by this proposal, if they truly had the company's and employee's interests in their minds they would be bringing the proposal to us FIRST without all the press releases. This pi$$es me off so bad that they are handling it like this I am voting NO for that very reason. WE are the ones affected most by it. Mr. Z and Jr. both would have to resign before I would even consider voting Yes for a reduction.

:chairshot:

This is my first and probably only post. I have been in trucking for thirty years, a proud teamster for almost five. I will vote no for this because my pay has already been cut more than 15% because of the last change of operations that will soon take effect. Then they will want me to take another cut across the board from pay to benefits as quoted in the latest press release. I hate to put it this way but sometimes I think it's better to cut your loses and try and find another ship to board, and hope it stays afloat. We are in bad times no doubt but until we have a new captain at the helm that knows (shipping) we're still going to sink no matter how much water we bail out. Unless I am surprised by what they will want, which I don't really believe I will be, my vote will absolutely be no. And if a no vote sinks us, so be it. Thats my two cents worth.

This is my first and probably only post. I have been in trucking for thirty years, a proud teamster for almost five. I will vote no for this because my pay has already been cut more than 15% because of the last change of operations that will soon take effect. Then they will want me to take another cut across the board from pay to benefits as quoted in the latest press release. I hate to put it this way but sometimes I think it's better to cut your loses and try and find another ship to board, and hope it stays afloat. We are in bad times no doubt but until we have a new captain at the helm that knows (shipping) we're still going to sink no matter how much water we bail out. Unless I am surprised by what they will want, which I don't really believe I will be, my vote will absolutely be no. And if a no vote sinks us, so be it. Thats my two cents worth.

you are right, we already took a cut in pay already, back in I think it was march when holland took away our layover pay.
And if you ever had a local official that doent know a homeload violation works or how road drivers were paid layover.

This job is a sinking ship mostly because our leaders.

I bet that our leaders lead us right over the cliff on this give-back.

I dont believe that our leadership is only as good as the membership.

There are alot of members disappointed in way the teamsters have handled our job security especially in the last couple of years. :1036316054:

So how much are the CEO"S giving back ....I know the Union isn't going to let them take yet another concession... Let them get it from the GOV. like the big 3 and these big banks. .... why do we have to take cuts when it was YELLOW CORP that bit off more than they could CHEW!!!!!! Sorry but I say let them shut it down. Ive been through to many concessions and nothing ever EVER!!!came out of it other than I was short 15% of may pay and looking for another job a year later

What I have been reading and hearing is that if YRC gets it, then ABF will ask for it too. They will say that they can't compete with the other Union company's if they have to pay 100% of the wages. Watch and see, once this happens to the Union company's then the non-Union company's will take more away from their employee's and say the same thing as the Union company's...

See how much is riding on our (YRC employees') shoulders? Vote no NO NO! :nono::BS::thumbsdown:

Please, b/4 you think about a negative vote try looking for a job that pays you and gives you the benefits that you are
receiving now, don't take this the wrong way I respect your opinion.

I agree. I worked for CF and for Yellow and it is a duplicate of what happen at CF minus the give back. CF stock was at 40 dollars a share and in 12 months it went down too 1.00 and some change. I would suggest to any veterans take what the union is willing to give you and run. I would not wait any longer.