Yellow | Yrcw seeks economic relief from teamsters!

Thought the new contract was going to save the day?!? Never-the-less, you the man KK... :1036316054:

Well not unexpected, But could it really help? I doubt it! They will either make it with what they got in the last contract or they won't make it. This is well out of our hands.

Once again, thanks for keeping us posted KK.

Does UPS start out at 85% of scale or 70%? Even at 70% it's close to 20 bucks an hour. I think I would look good in brown seeing the country at 55 MPH. I hate to think whats down the road for Yellow. Most trucking stocks were up over $2 per share today, we were up .13 cents. I could ride this puppy to the ground but jumping off looks pretty good.

The IBT just started tonight at 7:30 PM in a meeting with YRCW management in washington, DC......ALL updates will be found on the IBT website starting tommorrow.....KK

Well, i went through this with the steel mills years ago. We lasted for awhile, but as soon as the agreed upon time between the union and company was reached............we were gone. I would like more details regarding this topic. How much are the upper mgmt "giving back". If it is agreed to, do we get a piece of the profits when things turn around? Sorry, but like many others, i have alot of questions and concerns!

Well, i went through this with the steel mills years ago. We lasted for awhile, but as soon as the agreed upon time between the union and company was reached............we were gone. I would like more details regarding this topic. How much are the upper mgmt "giving back". If it is agreed to, do we get a piece of the profits when things turn around? Sorry, but like many others, i have alot of questions and concerns!

I think they can ask up to 15% then it will be voted on but who knows

I was told by my BA at 7:00pm that our pensions and benefits was not supposed to be decreased but that the company would probably be asking for hourly wage decreases. History seems to show that this is just a band-aid but that it buys only days not permanence. I guess it will be a wait and see situation. Personally, I will be shocked if we are still open on 1/1/09. I really hope that I am wrong.

Why don't we just mail them back copies of all the fancy claims about how they bought this and that and were in just wonderful financial shape. NO GIVEBACKS. Give me common stock equal to that held by shareholders and management instead!!!

Give back my AZZ!

yeah when they lead by example ..............Especially $$BILL$$ and the rest of the high dollar leaders............... Maybe then just maybe will I listen to this bullS..it! Don't ask the hard working Teamster backbone to give back............... Find another way. Like try to get more freight, make the salesmen earn their keep. This is a trucking company , run it like one! Maybe Yrc should have never bought the USF companies or even the chineese forwarding co. They should make sure their house is in good shape before they add on the 20 x 40 home theatre!:butt kiss:

Sorry but I just had to vent!!:TR10driving03:

My problem with all this is that there has yet to be any layoffs or cutbacks with our management teams.....I.E. is it necessary to have 2 regional mangers for 1 company!We have alot of merged operations already yet no management cut backs that I've seen or heard about.We all know how top-heavy Yellow gets,yet still no cutbacks.....why is labor sacrificing yet the management continues to drive back and forth to work in company cars with free gas and upkeep....our TM/salesman has "secured" 1 account in 16 months and ran numerous accounts off that perform in the 80's yet there is no accountability....I'm disgusted with the whole shebang....its the biggest farce going.regional managers (sales and operations) are aware yet we have to work harder while they **** away the profits with their entitlement attitudes....I personally have to see something on mgmt side of the ledger b4 I will conced anything!

just my 2 cents worth

My problem with all this is that there has yet to be any layoffs or cutbacks with our management teams.....I.E. is it necessary to have 2 regional mangers for 1 company!We have alot of merged operations already yet no management cut backs that I've seen or heard about.We all know how top-heavy Yellow gets,yet still no cutbacks.....why is labor sacrificing yet the management continues to drive back and forth to work in company cars with free gas and upkeep....our TM/salesman has "secured" 1 account in 16 months and ran numerous accounts off that perform in the 80's yet there is no accountability....I'm disgusted with the whole shebang....its the biggest farce going.regional managers (sales and operations) are aware yet we have to work harder while they **** away the profits with their entitlement attitudes....I personally have to see something on mgmt side of the ledger b4 I will conced anything!

The labor hatchet man came to our barn to talk about the merger with Big R and Yellow. It was probably close to 600 miles to have a lunch meeting with all parties. He told them that he didn't know anything for sure.

WOW, you would think that he could have saved a few hundred dollars by just picking up the phone and saying that he didn't know anything and that the meeting was cancelled. I don't think that Applebees would have missed the dollars also spent on the lunch ticket.

This man should have been fired on the spot for wasting company money. Heck, the P&D drivers are grilled everyday for why or what we did or didn't do.