Yellow | Yrcw seeks economic relief from teamsters!

Zollar's....Mismanagement.............

Well 1st of all Happy Thanksgiving to all you folk's.
Now ive gotta ask this question,Why should any givback's be given to YRC,when total mismanagement has happened.
Yellow did'nt need to buy Roadway,Yellow did'nt have to buy USF-Holland,Yellow did'nt have to Buy a Chinese company.
Bill Zollar's and HIS Management team has spent your hard earned dollar's on acquisition's that he should not have,and now he want's cutback's from you guy's.

1st clean Management's House then go to the Backbone of the company for help,Just this man's opinion.

YOU AGAIN!! I thought I hit ignore. :duh: Oh well, Happy Thanks Giving anyway. :ShakeHandsNah: And Drag Bike---your sick man. :hysterical:

WHY YES!!! That is gay fitness guru Richard Simmons laying in a giant salad bowl!

I about pissed myself when I cam across that one by accident...

and here is a little something to get you minds off all of this doom and gloom!

simmons-nude-in-salad.jpg

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA

EAT YOUR FRUITS AND VEGGIES!!!

:TR10driving03:

OH my GOD thanks now I am blind.......I can't see it hurts......:TR10driving03:

Stop Investing in YRC Logistics

i think if we ok any kind of giveback, it should be contingent on yrcw to STOP investing millions to build up their non-union carrier. They screwed mid and low-level management with the pension freeze and used this cash to invest in YRC logistics and now, while they are continuing to hire and open new terminals we're being asked to give up pay? A new yrc terminal outside of pittburgh, freedom PA, had an ad in the local papers 2 months ago about hiring dock workers, part-time only, for 11 dollars an hour. These people need to be organized NOW to get my vote or even with a giveback we'll never see another contract...

Exactly. All of you saying screw the company I'm voting NO, in affect are saying screw you to your fellow teamsters working and those collecting a pension. Yea, this probably won't save the day, but it will probably keep the doors open longer. The longer the doors are open the better it is for everyone. We are currently in the middle of a bad recession and I for one do not want to have to look for a job at this time. While this may be a bandaid on a gunshot wound at least we still have a job and in my opinion those of you wanting to vote No without hearing anything are being a bunch of selfish babies. I will probably vote yes just to try and keep the doors open. Sorry, but my family is more important than some childish screw the company attitude and my family needs my income and insurance.

Very well said. I agree 100%

Wage Concessions

your wrong when abf was merging with carolina abf asked for a give back the men told them to shove it. where is abf now?

ABF asked for an ESOP during the takeover attempt. It was turned down. The plan called for up to 10% of wages going to stock purchases. The percentage depended on operating ratio. In fact about 4% was all that would have been withheld. It would have been great for both parties.
At no time did ABF ask for a wage concession with the purchases of Youngblood, Navajo, East Texas Motor Freight or Carolina/Worldway. It did take several quarters to become profitable after the purchases. In fact everything got tight for a while after the Carolina/Worldway purchase. Even several in management had their resumes updated knowing how close we were to going under. I was told that if we had not shown a profit within two more quarters the company probably would have been sold.

Exactly. All of you saying screw the company I'm voting NO, in affect are saying screw you to your fellow teamsters working and those collecting a pension. Yea, this probably won't save the day, but it will probably keep the doors open longer. The longer the doors are open the better it is for everyone. We are currently in the middle of a bad recession and I for one do not want to have to look for a job at this time. While this may be a bandaid on a gunshot wound at least we still have a job and in my opinion those of you wanting to vote No without hearing anything are being a bunch of selfish babies. I will probably vote yes just to try and keep the doors open. Sorry, but my family is more important than some childish screw the company attitude and my family needs my income and insurance.
To add to this post, all of you Teamsters who say your against the wage reduction unless Bill Z. and all the non-union people take a cut also are missing the point. It's all based on we Teamsters taking a wage reduction. A reduction or what ever, we have no ideal right now what it will be. Myself I agree with regular342, It's all about buying time.

It makes me sick when someone making a 6 figure salary ask employees for a pay cut. And how come 30 days ago a notice was put up at 120 that YRC has ampel cash flow. When I get back to work I will get the link that all can read about how our debts are being paid ontime.

Debt Reduction

If there is a financial expert out here, can you tell me if this means YRCW is offering us (the Teamster's) a share of the corporation for helping to bail 'ourselves' all out? This is the way I am reading the SEC filing dated 24/25 November 2008.:woot:
I'm certainly no financial expert however I believe what YRC is offering to buy back is like "corporate bonds" that were issued at a much higher worth and have fallen like most stocks, therefore they can buy back $230 million of bonds for only $100 million, an excellant financial move and I don't know about the timing but the markey appeared to like it.:smilie_132:

The "VOTE"

I don't think the vote will have to be all NMFA Teamsters because this just involves YRC Worldwide. If there is a vote and we give back a percentage of our wage ABF etc. could stay at the top NMFA wage, just as when the Preston guys took a wage cut and everybody else stayed where they were at.

I believe you are right! This vote will be Yellow, Roadway, Holland, and New Penn making up TMI in the negotiation of this contract. ABF was not a member in the negotiation but signed a "me too" agreement. Glen Moore, Reimer, and Reddaway are all union but not under the NMFA, they have seperate agreements.:smilie_132:

I have this really sick feeling that what is going on with the Auto makers and now with YRC, is that this is George Bush's last hurrah and that he is doing everything in his power to finally break the unions in this country. Just my opinion. Vote no and if they close sooner than later then we can all get on with our lives. We are not getting any younger so I say let them live with the contract that they signed less than 1 year ago. They wanted this weak piece of crap contract and it's still not good enough for them. If we give back 10 percent are our living costs going down 10 percent? I don't think so. VOTE NO and don't fall for the Kool-Aid Cocktail they will feed us. It won't make things better. Don't fall for the promise of getting the money back later, because you can't trust them. If you could trust them then they would live by the contract that they signed. We didn't go back and ask for a 10 percent raise when gas went to $4.15 a gallon. Remember when Mr. Z bought the USF companies he did an end run around the stockholders to complete the sale. So as a stockholder and 16 year employee I say either Mr. Z fixes this mess himself or he quits (or gets fired) and let someone who can fix it take over. VOTE NO and for once let's stick together.

It makes me sick when someone making a 6 figure salary ask employees for a pay cut. And how come 30 days ago a notice was put up at 120 that YRC has ampel cash flow. When I get back to work I will get the link that all can read about how our debts are being paid ontime.

CORRECTION

8 figure salary

and again -

simple solution that does not touch the bennies or pensions or the NMFA..

every one of the 58000 YRCW employees gives back a 100 dollar deduction (pretax) every week for 6 months.

By the end of MAY - we would have given YRCW $150,800,000.00

over 150 MILLION dollars to help out.

100 a week is not painful and does not open the contract up.

also

by May the freight is flowing better - and we should be well into any "psychological" changes in the economy with a new president..

Real changes take time - but people get positive econ thoughts in their heads when a new Prez takes over...

and these upbeat thoughts help jumpstart a new economy...

The trucking company's,..... the airlines, the auto company's...the trucking company's...again. We (Yellow, Roadway, Holland, New Penn) will decide our fate with one more vote...but without ABF or UPS Freight... If we are going to do any voting,,,it will have to be a vote with all NMFA companies!!! Let's not be punked!!! WE are 'The Teamsters!'!! I refuse to place my vote without ABF and UPS Freight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ups freight is not under the NMFA

Just remember If managements mouth is moving. They are lieing to us.
Giving back will NOT save this company.
Get used to the idea.
We are going belly up.
I want my full pay that I deserve and earn, until they close the doors.
WE will (?) get to vote on this, (again their mouths are moving).
So all of the Teamsters who were driven by FEAR and voted for this contract,. I assume you will again let FEAR be your guide and get down on your knees before management, and believe the lies being told that a yes vote will save the company.
I neve can understand how people live their live in fear. Fear is what has always given management their power.

Just remember If managements mouth is moving. They are lieing to us.
Giving back will NOT save this company.
Get used to the idea.
We are going belly up.
I want my full pay that I deserve and earn, until they close the doors.
WE will (?) get to vote on this, (again their mouths are moving).
So all of the Teamsters who were driven by FEAR and voted for this contract,. I assume you will again let FEAR be your guide and get down on your knees before management, and believe the lies being told that a yes vote will save the company.
I neve can understand how people live their live in fear. Fear is what has always given management their power.

I agree 100% my friend! If we get the chance to vote, I'll be glad to vote no in front our (⊙▃⊙) Leader.

Ditto, Flagger and GR8one, YRC's demise has been 3 yrs. in the making. Analysts'
said from the get go that this deal would'nt work. I'm not a gloom and doom guy,
but I have been reading all the intelligent articles in the trade and business mags
and NOBODY expects us to survive with or without this vote. It's a sad day for
the great company Roadway used to be.Being lied to has been an every day thing
for the last 2 years. Big companies DO fold. Don"t get got with your pants down
brothers. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Ditto, Flagger and GR8one, YRC's demise has been 3 yrs. in the making. Analysts'
said from the get go that this deal would'nt work. I'm not a gloom and doom guy,
but I have been reading all the intelligent articles in the trade and business mags
and NOBODY expects us to survive with or without this vote. It's a sad day for
the great company Roadway used to be.Being lied to has been an every day thing
for the last 2 years. Big companies DO fold. Don"t get got with your pants down
brothers. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Now that was a well thought out, intelligent post. You have hit the nail squarely on the head, "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst". We all need to do that, regardless of who we work for, companies are temporary (can you say C.F.????)....The bigger the tree, the more noise it makes when it falls, but, fall it will, and most likely when you least expect it to. :1036316054: