Yellow | Yrcw seeks economic relief from teamsters!

Well, I may be in the minority here, but depending on ho much they want I think I would vote yes. And if mgt has to give back as well that would definitely solidify my vote. Even if conceding only gives us an extra year or 2 maybe it could get us past this horrible economy. I would much rather be looking for a job in a decent economy than during a terribble recession. But to be honest I think this has already been agreed to, so our votes probably won't matter.

i would vote yes only if bill z agreed to give back his salary since making so many poor business decisions. i would say he owes the company more concessions then any teamster or even middle managers. i just have a feeling if he somehow pulls these concessions off he'll get a giant bonus that we will pay for with more concessions later. the green guy is bill and the yellow is us.:nutkick:

15% ????

I think they can ask up to 15% then it will be voted on but who knows

Cujo, the 15% was in prior contracts and was negotiated out of the contract. This is something completely differenet and is meant to save the industry. Nobody knows yet (except those in negotiations in DC) how this will work or what they will get. I'm sure YRC has opened their books to the IBT and the IBT can see the writing on the wall.

The question is though - Does the IBT really want to be without the trucking industry, the industry that they were founded on by people like James R Hoffa? What a terrible travesty this would be to the IBT to let one of the last remaining unionized companies go out of business.

Saving money

The labor hatchet man came to our barn to talk about the merger with Big R and Yellow. It was probably close to 600 miles to have a lunch meeting with all parties. He told them that he didn't know anything for sure.

WOW, you would think that he could have saved a few hundred dollars by just picking up the phone and saying that he didn't know anything and that the meeting was cancelled. I don't think that Applebees would have missed the dollars also spent on the lunch ticket.

This man should have been fired on the spot for wasting company money. Heck, the P&D drivers are grilled everyday for why or what we did or didn't do.

The Company has an obligation under the contract to meet with the local union prior to the hearing of a change of operations. I'm sure he was doing his job when he traveled the 600 miles for this meeting.

As far as US getting to vote on the giveback....no chance...IBT has the right to make that decision....IF we do get chance to vote, mine is a NO!...I would agree to a pay "Freeze"...IE, no april raise next year.........oh by the way, if you have any vacation time saved up, now might be a good time to take it!!!

Cujo, the 15% was in prior contracts and was negotiated out of the contract. This is something completely differenet and is meant to save the industry. Nobody knows yet (except those in negotiations in DC) how this will work or what they will get. I'm sure YRC has opened their books to the IBT and the IBT can see the writing on the wall.

The question is though - Does the IBT really want to be without the trucking industry, the industry that they were founded on by people like James R Hoffa? What a terrible travesty this would be to the IBT to let one of the last remaining unionized companies go out of business.

Thats what so odd about the whole thing, they have never had a unprofitable quarter. It's all just writedowns and money laundering type stuff. At our sales meeting the salesman told us we made 58 million last quarter. This company has one flaw BILL ZOLLARS, get rid of him I'd vote for a pay cut. He stays I'll vote no.

I gave back when they closed my 1st terminal and drove 30 mi.a day farther to the
new terminal. I gave back when they closed that terminal , and I drive 24 mi. a day
farther to the hell hole I work at now. (no ,there was no choices, just take it or leave it, not even a choice of unemployement) after being crapped on for the last
year and a half, I'm not in a very giving mood.

I'm guessing upper (mis) management is under contract. They will get paid no matter what happens. If this shuts down, the suits suck out what they can. Then move onto their "next great turnaround" CF had a lot of good people who loved working there, and busted their a$$ for an American icon, me included. But they had **** poor management. Yellow has a lot of people who hate the company, me included. And **** poor management. I've been here B4. This dose'nt even bother me any more.
Well Said:1036316054:

A lot of people whom are in the 3,750 that are going to lose thier jobs are not going to vote for a give back. (that is if we are even allowed to vote on the concessions) The concession are only a temporary fix and if I get to vote it will be a definate NO I think that the only way mgmt will be affected is if the place shuts the doors.

A lot of people whom are in the 3,750 that are going to lose thier jobs are not going to vote for a give back. (that is if we are even allowed to vote on the concessions) The concession are only a temporary fix and if I get to vote it will be a definate NO I think that the only way mgmt will be affected is if the place shuts the doors.

why would someone vote no on this not knowing what we are to vote on.

lets see what they have to offer other than a job to buy gas and put food on the table. i might have to scale back on this years big hunting trip a little if this place goes bust

Been around for awile. Please name me one teamster company that has gotten concessions and survived???? It was in the contract for years and finally removed. If you work for Yellow, as I did, start looking for a new job.

Well, I may be in the minority here, but depending on ho much they want I think I would vote yes. And if mgt has to give back as well that would definitely solidify my vote. Even if conceding only gives us an extra year or 2 maybe it could get us past this horrible economy. I would much rather be looking for a job in a decent economy than during a terribble recession. But to be honest I think this has already been agreed to, so our votes probably won't matter.

And how about the 3 million for the golfer Jim Furyk to wear a little patch on his shirt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a replay, I posted this last summer seems closer now!
My vision, the Teamster Union’s trucking segment has set itself up to have a future. The buy out of the Pension fund by UPS and the current organizing of UPS Freight outside of the National Master Freight agreement is the future of the Jimmy Hoffa Junior Teamsters Union!

Current members of the Union’s Master Freight company’s wondered why UPS Freight wasn’t included in the Freight Division. The truth is, the Freight Division and its Defined Pension is done. The fund is not fully funded and never well be. The current Master Freight contract was negotiated unlike any other and members wondered why the Union pushed it so hard! Why, because, when the company fails and it will fail, Hoffa will raise his hand up over his head and say it’s the Companies fault, look we gave them everything they wanted. Mismanagement, not the Teamsters caused this failure.

Don’t worry Junior well have a job after the fall, the next generation of Teamsters well be Brown. My question, how will he explain the eventual Government take over of the unfunded Pension fund. Will he just walk away from all the current Members of the Union and the years they have invested in the pension system? What of the old soldiers who have retired and depend on the pension for their very existence? Well he treat them like war veterans? Speak about the sacrifices and praise them while there pension are looted and controlled by the Government? The future does not include you fellow Master Freight Teamsters. The future is social health care and undefined pension in Juniors Teamsters Union. Senior would be so proud?

I'm with you. I don't like the idea but I would like to see the details before I would pass judgement. I hope the IBT would not give them an open ended agreement. Place some parameters in the agreement, such as when the profits reach a certain amount, or the stock price reaches a certain number, then the concessions will end and we will return to our original pay scale as set forth in the NMFA.

I realize history is not on our side as far as companies getting give-backs not lasting long, but these are bleak times for the whole world financally. GM's stock hadn't been this low since the 1940's. The gov't handing out hundreds of billions of dollars to the financial industries, and getting ready to bail out the big 3.

85 or 90% of what we have now would be better than nothing, and still better than most other drivers out there.

Good luck to all, remember what, and most importantly who is most important to you :1036316054:

I just noticed that the Careers site has changed at Myyellow.
index.jsp;jsessionid=JsHq71yz!-1247766101

I do believe that the retirees and the pension funds are also big issues, here. If YRC fails and ABF becomes weaker, CSPF and a few others will fall under government control.

The key here is the possibility of YRC continuing to provide employment, h&w and pension payments to our members. It's easy to say "no, givebacks never saved a trucking company". But the idea of a chance is worth it, to me. DS

I have ridden the concession train before - and in the end I still lost my job in under 5 months - and lost close to 4K in "givebacks" during that time.

:popcorn: