Yellow | YRCW STIFEL'D

In an older article by same company when YRC was having trouble the analyst suggested that to cut cost on eguipment YRC should eliminate the use of expensive forklifts and load and unload trailers with pallet jacks to substantially save money.
Now I am not making this up, when I read it I laughed out loud.
That is the problem in today’s environment there are too many highly educated people that have zero common sense, and think that all the book knowledge can fix everything.
Dave Thomas ( Wendy’s) was an 8 th grade drop out. There are many more success stories like this.
Sadly our government is full of highly educated idiots that don’t understand how things work, they just talk a good story and promise everything.
LOL
Like pallet jacks are productive... would take a couple nights instead and cause a couple injury claims.
Why not?
Customers can wait another couple days for delivery.

I'll bet my friend who is a retired Big R driver is looking at YRC, after the splits, he has 13K invested in 1 (one)
share.
He may buy more, if they turn the trucks up!
What you think, Wong?
Turning up the trucks would cancel out the quarterly profit.
Buy Buy Buy rating on next speed reduction.
55 MPH save money on fuel, make more profit.

Talking about profit and loss. If Roadway (pre 2008) were to operate at 97.1 or 98 they’re profits would be over the top. Now a 97% and contract time starts that truck over the cliff crap.

I’m kinda numb to the same old ‘wolf’ story. The work environment has changed significantly and loyalty to brand has all but disappeared. More than 75% of us are less than 5 years from Medicare eligibility.

That pretty much sets the tone.
Sometimes I feel like I work at a nursing home but no one will retire have the best run and they need or their wife needs the health insurance.

Sometimes I feel like I work at a nursing home but no one will retire have the best run and they need or their wife needs the health insurance.
In other words we cannot afford to retire?
If your not near retirement your turn will come to make the decision.
I'm leaving soon. You can have the dock bid I've been more or less stuck on for 10 years. I've got over 30 and many more have more than I. So even I cannot get decent hours.
Come to think of it. There are no decent shifts there.
Lol.
But you can have mine. More than happy to pass it to you.

In other words we cannot afford to retire?
If your not near retirement your turn will come to make the decision.
I'm leaving soon. You can have the dock bid I've been more or less stuck on for 10 years. I've got over 30 and many more have more than I. So even I cannot get decent hours.
Come to think of it. There are no decent shifts there.
Lol.
But you can have mine. More than happy to pass it to you.
The world would be a better place if Roadway and Yellow were still competitors.

The world would be a better place if Roadway and Yellow were still competitors.
While I recognize those of Yellow heritage disagree, if Yellow Corporation had not purchased Roadway Corporation, Yellow would have gone the way of C-F and so many other unionized LTL carriers. And frankly, given the condition of the economy, at that time, I'm unsure Roadway Express would have survived either.

I did my duty and "stepped aside" so a mid 50 year old could move up the seniority list! :hide::hilarious:
There's always Walmart.
hswksOJ.jpg

I did my duty and "stepped aside" so a mid 50 year old could move up the seniority list! :hide::hilarious:

I was 54 when PIE folded, several of our guys got on with Yellow, I was offered a job also, after being at the top of the board and 5 weeks vacation, I wasn't willing to start over, I retired in1990.
I still don't regret not going back to work.
I may rethink this when CS goes broke and I can't keep gas in my boat.

I was 54 when PIE folded, several of our guys got on with Yellow, I was offered a job also, after being at the top of the board and 5 weeks vacation, I wasn't willing to start over, I retired in1990.
I still don't regret not going back to work.
I may rethink this when CS goes broke and I can't keep gas in my boat.
The future conditions that face so many retired Americans, is tragic. For many working class Americans there was a tacit "contract", we exchanged less in wages for a promise of a defined benefit pension. For nearly 40 years that promise has been steadily eroded. With many such as us left to try to live on significantly less than we prepared for. Some help at the federal level regarding prescription drugs and healthcare, would have a significant effect on the rising expenses of old age.

The future conditions that face so many retired Americans, is tragic. For many working class Americans there was a tacit "contract", we exchanged less in wages for a promise of a defined benefit pension. For nearly 40 years that promise has been steadily eroded. With many such as us left to try to live on significantly less than we prepared for. Some help at the federal level regarding prescription drugs and healthcare, would have a significant effect on the rising expenses of old age.
I look at the price of a new vehicle, an apartment, or a new home and I wonder, what is it going to be like ten or fifteen years from now.

Sounds like your misery is all because of those selfish older guys who won't give it up so you can be happy. Damn them for not being considerate of your needs.
Started out in 1970 in OKC at number 17 at the bottom of the board, fast forward to July of 2012.... I was number 4 at Valdosta still the bottom of the board. I said enough is enough so I quit. BY GOD I SHOWED THEM SELFISH OLDER GUYS !! :nut kick:

I thought you were going over to that Romanian outfit off Harlem Ave.,to run team that was paying like 2 grand a week for running like 7 or 8000 miles?