Yellow | YRCW STIFEL'D

I’m one them. Getting out of here in March after I vote at 62 and 29 paid in.
Have they changed the contract or will you be cut 30% (it is roughly 10% per year)for retiring before you are 65. I was forced to retire at 57 due to health issues in 2013 with 24 years paid in. They penalized me 54% due to the previous contract changes after Yellow and Roadway were forced together. I've been blessed and made things work but I sure did not like working all those years and then them just pocketing my money because of terrible business transactions on the companies part.

This guy is on the right track, go back to solid rubber tires, look at the savings on tire wear and repair.
The biggie, repower the fleet! Steam is the answer, coal and wood much cheaper than diesel, just
imagine the savings, just to name a few.
That was the best reply I've heard in along time, Kudos to you seabreeze!
And while your at it remember the Johnson bar?

Have they changed the contract or will you be cut 30% (it is roughly 10% per year)for retiring before you are 65. I was forced to retire at 57 due to health issues in 2013 with 24 years paid in. They penalized me 54% due to the previous contract changes after Yellow and Roadway were forced together. I've been blessed and made things work but I sure did not like working all those years and then them just pocketing my money because of terrible business transactions on the companies part.
I went in 2014 at 62. No penalty but I had 35 years

That was the best reply I've heard in along time, Kudos to you seabreeze!
And while your at it remember the Johnson bar?
I know it well. :funky:
4RzYgFO.jpg

While I recognize those of Yellow heritage disagree, if Yellow Corporation had not purchased Roadway Corporation, Yellow would have gone the way of C-F and so many other unionized LTL carriers. And frankly, given the condition of the economy, at that time, I'm unsure Roadway Express would have survived either.
My Local 135 Prez told us in 2008, the two were both going down had they not merged.