Reddaway | YRCW Stock

The "Utlility Driver" will save the company from doom and gloom. I have it from a non-reliable source that they be equipped with kryptonite,garlic,silver-bullets,a wooden cross,a stun-gun, and pepper spray in order to foil the competition.:hide:

Closing terminals, laying off employees, not servicing the equipment etc...is not going to save the company at this point. Reddaway and Holland are bleeding money profusely. The competition is taking our freight. Hell, Yellow/Roadway is taking our freight. The only way we have a slim chance to get back on our feet is if we get somebody in control who knows what they are doing in the LTL freight business. NOT Dollar Bill, NOT TJ O'Connor or for that matter ANY of the Bill Z stooges. Reddaway and Holland have lost all their best people...the ones that not only got Reddaway and Holland to the top prior to YRC...but also the ones that kept Reddaway and Holland on top all these years. We need to get back to the Jared McArthur days when USF (or TNT for that matter) was the talk of the town for the awesome service and the "Can Do" attitude. Personally, I do not see that happening again. YRC has sucked all the life out of these two companies. Of course, this is my opinion only, but I think it is shared by a lot of other USF employees.

All we can do is take all you can get on that pay sheet and then some,:toxic: if you know what I mean.... and put it in the bank.You don't have to look any farther than Texas to see our future.:nutkick:

Small companies have advantages until they are no longer small companies, eg. conway, holland, reddaway, jones, lewis, vitran, pjax, on on and on.

We need to get back to the Jared McArthur days when USF (or TNT for that matter) was the talk of the town for the awesome service and the "Can Do" attitude. Personally, I do not see that happening again.

Hmmmmmmm, that's a name I haven't heard of in a loooooooooong time, good man.

There are two causes for the drop-like-a-rock stock price:

1) Ongoing USF mess.

2) The market is starting to price in the huge unfunded pension liability from Central States. UPS's pull out raised attention to the staggering amount of Central States unfunded liability that is YRC's burden to bear and the stock analysts are picking up on it.

The fund is going to be in real trouble with the way the stock market is going.

Yo Hillbilly -

Nope....I actually am employed by a Teamster organized carrier.

That's why I am very aware of the dire straits that Central States Pension is in.

Too bad it isn't in the same shape the Western Conference is in....which is very close to being fully funded and is growing in size.

As a matter of fact, it has surpassed the Central States pension and is the largest Multi-employer plan in the nation (after the Social Security system).

Let's see. Your profile says you are in sales. Your affiliation is Union. Since when did sales become part of the union? Always act more like management in my experiences with them.
Yo.

Yo Hillbilly -

Yep, I'm management, but note I said I am "employed" by a unionized carrier.

Therefore, the state of the Central States Pension fund directly affects my employment situation.

And I do have a Teamsters withdrawal card too....but it's pretty old.

Yo Hillbilly -

Yep, I'm management, but note I said I am "employed" by a unionized carrier.

Therefore, the state of the Central States Pension fund directly affects my employment situation.

And I do have a Teamsters withdrawal card too....but it's pretty old.

You're right frog, it's typical for management to split hairs and play word games. Good job on the "sniff out":1036316054:

Speaking of word games, have you seen the Spring issue of Teamwork Magazine? It's the quarterly magazine for Central States Pension. It just came out.

In it, they are beginning to meet the new Federal regulations for disclosure required of all multi employer funds as per the Pension Protection Act of 2006. In it, they clearly state that Central States is in the "critical" or "Red Zone" level.

That means the fund is less than 65% funded, by definition. "Yellow zone" is 65% to80%, "Green Zone" is above 80%. The word game they play is that they never actual state the % level of underfunding. They just say "Red Zone".

Google "Pension Protection Act of 2006 Red Zone" for more info.

They also state all participants will be receiving notification soon about this "Red Zone".

Again, I am not a participant, but am employed by an organized carrier so it directly affects my employement.

Lot's of non union people concerned about a union pension fund. Always the same spin from them. Gloom and doom. Been hearing it so long it's like the wind blowing.

Usf523

I belive the CA on your profile says your in Califorina. That would put you in the Western States Fund. Go to their web sight and see where the under funded is.
You may learn about it their.