Yellow | YRCW-Time To Go Long

Hey roadstar was at your house this morning.Brought in a set of 113's from 211 and picked up a set from 135 going to 100 through 107.Now i'm confused!Merry Christmas!

yes sharkattack were did you get this info on buffalo,I am a yard guy there and heard nothing like your saying.

Hey roadstar was at your house this morning.Brought in a set of 113's from 211 and picked up a set from 135 going to 100 through 107.Now i'm confused!Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you and your family Mopar.
We are all confused and I believe they are going to keep us that way!?!?!?...lol
Should get a few answers soon anyway and then the cunfusion of what to bid and where to go will begin.......PLEASE....some one wake me up and tell me this was all a bad dream!
I was called in to work the other night to go up to portland with a 53 and right after dispatch was told to give it back. Was then sent to Toledo because they were expecting 12" of snow and she was puting drivers to bed cause Mass was so bad. Went to Toledo,got 5.5 lay over and came home with 1,170 lb time critical 53 footer for Bangor. GO FIGURE?

warrant definition

Warrant
What Does Warrant Mean?
A derivative security that gives the holder the right to purchase securities (usually equity) from the issuer at a specific price within a certain time frame. Warrants are often included in a new debt issue as a "sweetener" to entice investors. Investopedia explains Warrant...
The main difference between warrants and call options is that warrants are issued and guaranteed by the company, whereas options are exchange instruments and are not issued by the company. Also, the lifetime of a warrant is often measured in years, while the lifetime of a typical option is measured in months.

In other words if the price is five dollars jan 1 any time in the future through 2018 whoever runs this plan for us can buy a share for 5 and sell it for what the stock price is. We will have so many shares that they can not be sold all at once so there will be constant selling when the price is over 5.00 in 2018 at the end of the warrant any shares not converted will be converted if the price is over 5.00. I hope I did not confuse you more.

i know who the wiz is but only talked to him once in awhile,back to the ?,how can a guy from akrn have a copy when no one else does?

Warrant
What Does Warrant Mean?
A derivative security that gives the holder the right to purchase securities (usually equity) from the issuer at a specific price within a certain time frame. Warrants are often included in a new debt issue as a "sweetener" to entice investors. Investopedia explains Warrant...
The main difference between warrants and call options is that warrants are issued and guaranteed by the company, whereas options are exchange instruments and are not issued by the company. Also, the lifetime of a warrant is often measured in years, while the lifetime of a typical option is measured in months.

In other words if the price is five dollars jan 1 any time in the future through 2018 whoever runs this plan for us can buy a share for 5 and sell it for what the stock price is. We will have so many shares that they can not be sold all at once so there will be constant selling when the price is over 5.00 in 2018 at the end of the warrant any shares not converted will be converted if the price is over 5.00. I hope I did not confuse you more.

No sir...you did not.
I have been trading on a very small basis for years and so far have not really lost so I do understand the basics. Thanks for the information anyway but my confusion is simply this.
Can the stock purchased under warrant be sold befor the termination date of the contract?
It sounded to me as if some people believe it can be but due to the nature of the agreement it would seem to me that it could not be sold until the end of this contract that it is attached to.Is this correct?
Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to you.

Not sure who got it.

It is just a proposal. It has not been approve by the teamsters. The company submits a proposal to the union they have a change of operations hearing where the union approves or tries to change the terms. Once approved they set a date for the change of operations an the phone bid. This is not a done deal but it is what the company is asking for.

warrants can be exercised before they expire

There may be somthing in this deal that prohibits conversion in the first year. I got somthing in the mail yesterday that I can not find and did not read yet. When I find it I will post what it said.

Good article, he is right about dumping Zollars driving the stock, I would say back to between 10 and 20. But be careful because this 4th qtre. earnings report is going to be a disaster. Maybe $1.50 per shar loss. This 10% pay cut will not fill $Bill's jet gas tank and the books have been cooked so bad that you need one of those ancient scroll decipherers to understan them.

"I would personally like to see Bill Zollars out and would urge the Board to push for his ouster. This single act will create significant shareholder value both near term as well as longer term and the financial markets will respond most favorably to this news. It is clearly evident that Zollars has been responsible for the current situation of the company. With the recent goodwill writedown that the company took, Zollars has cemented the view that the acquisition of USF was a complete and total disaster!"

who are you going to replace him with?

a guy whose expertise is moving freight doesn't have the skills to manage a company this big.

a beancounter doesn't have the expertise to understand freight flow and system balance and the like.

a slash and burn person can only cut, remember maury meyers?

i wish you guys would macro up and realize we're in a perfect storm.

if any macroeconomic factor was better, we wouldn't be in this friggin' mess.

do you think the guy is clueless to what's goin' on?

if we can hang on for 3 more quarters in this disaster mode, we'll be positioned really well to take good advantage of the recovery.

ever hear the investing saying, 'the tide lifts all boats'?

after meyers, how long do you think we would have lasted without the guy?

you don't see the ceo's of any other transportation company handling the financial press as good as he does, do you?

No sir...you did not.
I have been trading on a very small basis for years and so far have not really lost so I do understand the basics. Thanks for the information anyway but my confusion is simply this.
Can the stock purchased under warrant be sold befor the termination date of the contract?
It sounded to me as if some people believe it can be but due to the nature of the agreement it would seem to me that it could not be sold until the end of this contract that it is attached to.Is this correct?
Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to you.

I understand it as Shark said. They cannot exercise the warrants the first year. After that they can exercise any portion at any time the stock is above the strike price. The warrants expire in 2018.

who are you going to replace him with?

a guy whose expertise is moving freight doesn't have the skills to manage a company this big.

a beancounter doesn't have the expertise to understand freight flow and system balance and the like.

a slash and burn person can only cut, remember maury meyers?

i wish you guys would macro up and realize we're in a perfect storm.

if any macroeconomic factor was better, we wouldn't be in this friggin' mess.

do you think the guy is clueless to what's goin' on?

if we can hang on for 3 more quarters in this disaster mode, we'll be positioned really well to take good advantage of the recovery.

ever hear the investing saying, 'the tide lifts all boats'?

after meyers, how long do you think we would have lasted without the guy?

you don't see the ceo's of any other transportation company handling the financial press as good as he does, do you?

Oddly enough I agree with the article except the part about going under if the vote is no and getting rid of Zollars. I seem to be on the wrong side of every argument but whatever, it's just my opinion.

Voted No (I believe there are other ways, renegotiated debt leverages with banks instead of tender offer etc...)

Bought YRC shares (for the reasons in the article, however I understand it is very risky)

Keep Zollars (For the reasons Paducah points out, This is from the point of view of the company's longevity and not as and employee obviously, People are calling for his head based on emotion 'cus he's taking their money)

Paducah, your post are always very informative, and I agree with you on this one. Does anyone remember Carl Icon?

Bill Zollars isn't the only one making decisions here. There is a board of directors. And USF was bought after Roadway came on board, so their people were also involved in that decision.

Bill Zollars isn't the only one making decisions here. There is a board of directors. And USF was bought after Roadway came on board, so their people were also involved in that decision.
And you think Zollars asked Staley if it was a good idea? I doubt it but was'nt there. And I will not be able to verfy this but some how Bill bought USF without share holder approval. At the time I can remember people way smarter than me saying it was cuz it was a bad deal and he would never get the ok. As stated "I was told" this. My economic expertise is limited, I know hard to believe, is'nt it. :soapbox:

And you think Zollars asked Staley if it was a good idea? I doubt it but was'nt there. And I will not be able to verfy this but some how Bill bought USF without share holder approval. At the time I can remember people way smarter than me saying it was cuz it was a bad deal and he would never get the ok. As stated "I was told" this. My economic expertise is limited, I know hard to believe, is'nt it. :soapbox:

I'm not defending Zollars. I have no dog in that fight, I could care less. I am just trying to point out a couple facts that might pertain. But there is one thing I do believe. I don't think we flunkies ever hear anything that is accurate in regard to what is happening at the very top. I remember my manager was all giddy about having met and getting to shake Zollar's hand at some national sales function, once. What this told me is that the ordinary manager type in the company was on an entirely different level from those at the top, which is no great surprise. So my local management people were in no position to be in the know, so how could any of us be. Anything, absolutely anything, we hear, is pure rumor and speculation.