Yellow | YRCW-TNFINC Contract Negotiations Update 12-21-18

I will never vote for a pension increase while it is unsustainable.
The main reason I took a Teamster Union job was for the pension.
I am a realist and although it sickens me I know the Ponzi scheme has come to the end..even with full payments it doesn’t stand a chance for survival without drastic cuts from everyone.

Put that money in our pockets so that we can spend it or put it in our own IRA.Or at least give us the option as to where we want the money to go.
I understand your position put as I have said before there are Pension Funds (I.E. Western States, Central Pennsylvania) that are doing well and could use the increase.
as for Central States and the like? Well there you have a point.

Actually, using Wong’s wage chart on the Holland thread from 2008 when hourly was $22.73, to recover 15 percent of that wage, plus .30 a year raise, it will translate to roughly a $1.00 per hour increase yearly, which would be roughly $27.73 in 5 years.
Hum, Seems a little steep. But you could be right.

I understand your position put as I have said before there are Pension Funds (I.E. Western States, Central Pennsylvania) that are doing well and could use the increase.
Perhaps it maybe time to let those in the failing plans to have a supplemental vote as to where the majority want to have their pension contributions go. Certainly the status quo is not sustainable and waiting another 5 years to address the problem only makes it worse.

I'm in central states.
It's not my fault. And I did my job consistently. Year after year. 31-4 months.
I also have no answer.
Those of you not in Central states put yourself in our. (my) position.
I'm already taking a cut. Do I have to take more? Probably..
But I'm not complaining.....we have paid in with our work and bodies.
Just like you. No different. Us in the trenches didn't gamble our pension funds.
But we do deserve to go comfortably Not poorly.
I know this will irk some. Not meant to.
But it's what it is. Taking more away from us will do no good.
As for the future. Well. I do believe that the employees are the ones who should and will decide where it goes.
So vote. All I can say is vote. If you don't vote your a fool.
I said it yes. A fool. Because if you don't vote your voting for.whatever little they offer. It's a yes vote for squat and more of the same.
Sorry. No offense to anyone here.
So simple to vote. Omgoodness I'll never ever understand why some don't.
Never.
Happy holidays all. Time to go eat a dinner somewhere !
:1036316054:

Western States is not in the game, unless YRCW is willing to pay all the way back to 2009. While the fund remains well over 95% funded, YRCW teamsters’ benefits are etched in stone.

The new YRC NMFA will make it official that the 15% is not coming back! Ernie says were not interested in concessions well then the starting point for negotiation should be at full rate and full pension.

Will members whose dues are not up to date be counted as members who didn't vote so they can force the contract on us like they did at UPS? Here at Local 710 we just had a Steward election where over a 100 members didn't receive ballots because their dues were not up to date and the Union local didn't even bother to tell anyone let them know they can't vote what a sham! What happened to the company why are they not taking out proper Union dues or local not notifying anyone to take a withdrawal card if laid off?

Will members whose dues are not up to date be counted as members who didn't vote so they can force the contract on us like they did at UPS? Here at Local 710 we just had a Steward election where over a 100 members didn't receive ballots because their dues were not up to date and the Union local didn't even bother to tell anyone let them know they can't vote what a sham! What happened to the company why are they not taking out proper Union dues or local not notifying anyone to take a withdrawal card if laid off?

I am very glad you posted this, it confirms a suspicion I have. Keep in mind that you don't know what level of cooperation exists between the Company and the Union.

Suddenly, it seems very naive to think they would risk everything for the sake of member’s rights through a fair and honest election.

Union dues are members responsibility ,And they know it ,and so should you.Its always been that way.You can’t be more than 2 months in the rear,Or your not eligible to vote ,nominate and second.

Union dues are members responsibility ,And they know it ,and so should you.Its always been that way.You can’t be more than 2 months in the rear,Or your not eligible to vote ,nominate and second.

I think he is mostly talking about members that, up until the vote, had no reason to question that Checkoff was working.

Article 3, Section 3
Section 3. Checkoff

The Employer agrees to deduct from the pay of all employees covered by this Agreement the dues, initiation fees and/or uniform assessments of the Local Union having jurisdiction over such employees and agrees to remit to said Local Union all such deductions. Where laws require written authorization by the employee, the same is to be furnished in the form required. The Local Union shall certify to the Employer in writing each month a list of its members working for the Employer who have furnished to the Employer the required authorization, together with an itemized statement of dues, initiation fees (full or installment), or uniform assessments owed and to be deducted for such month from the pay of such member. The Employer shall deduct such amount within two (2) weeks following receipt of the statement of certification of the member and remit to the Local Union in one (1) lump sum within three (3) weeks following receipt of the statement of certification. The Employer shall add to the list submitted by the Local Union the names and Social Security numbers of all regular new employees hired since the last list was submitted and delete the names of employees who are no longer employed. Checkoff shall be on a monthly or quarterly basis at the option of the Union. The Local Union and Employer may agree to an alternative option to deduct Union dues bi-monthly. When an Employer actually makes a deduction for dues, initiation fees and assessments, in accordance with the statement of certification received from an appropriate Local Union, the Employer shall remit same no later than three (3) weeks following receipt of the statement of certification and in the event the Employer fails to do so, the Employer shall be assessed ten percent (10%) liquidated damages. All monies required to be checked off shall become the property of the entities for which it was intended at the time that
such checkoff is required to be made. All monies required to be checked off and paid over to other entities under this Agreement shall become the property of those entities for which it was intended
at the time that such payment or checkoff is required to be made. Where an employee who is on checkoff is not on the payroll during the week in which the deduction is to be made, or has no earnings

Article 3, Section 3
or insufficient earnings during that week, or is on leave of absence, the employee must make arrangements with the Local Union and/or the Employer to pay such dues in advance.

bYaK11s.jpg

:bgroovy:
Just like the great job screwing ups teamsters and ups makes a billion a qtr

“These negotiations will be complex” next line “ theses negotiations will be difficult”

POOR ERNIE !

Put your big boy pants on, do your job and get a decent deal !

I will never vote for a pension increase while it is unsustainable.
The main reason I took a Teamster Union job was for the pension.
I am a realist and although it sickens me I know the Ponzi scheme has come to the end..even with full payments it doesn’t stand a chance for survival without drastic cuts from everyone.

Put that money in our pockets so that we can spend it or put it in our own IRA.Or at least give us the option as to where we want the money to go.

I’m just the opposite, I will not vote for any raise without full pension. Why should I be penalized half my retirement because I was young when hired. Me and my underground Teamsters will come in to do one thing and one thing only and there not going to like it. The pension funds should of never been split up anyway, we’re all in the same union. If I can draw for six years not penalized then that’s fine.

I’m just the opposite, I will not vote for any raise without full pension. Why should I be penalized half my retirement because I was young when hired. Me and my underground Teamsters will come in to do one thing and one thing only and there not going to like it. The pension funds should of never been split up anyway, we’re all in the same union. If I can draw for six years not penalized then that’s fine.
Hey Spy , can I join the “ Underground Teamsters ?

Do Underground Teamsters represent workers at Little Steven's Underground Garage?