Yellow | YRCW to reduce Teamster jobs by 15-20 Thousand!

PS... Larry retired... (not picking on you)..but you had mentioned in a previous post that all decissions of who picked up the frieght today was not sitting at the window, to see what color truck pulled in.... This is only true with national accounts....

But, because of my personal experience, and having worked in the office, and my years of experience there, .... there are plenty of of shipments "up in the air"... and the Shipping manager actually gets to choose who might get this shipment today.... I have never met these people, but they are my "phone friends".....

When I was 17 years, and a waitress.....I learned very quickly....and I have not forgotten that...... PERSONAL SERVICE ....will get you...EVERYWHERE !

I'll give my shippers my direct line to call me, and avoid the phone rhetoric, of that CCC.... ( Don't we all HATE THAT ! PRESS ONE NOW ...) and they give me those shipments...cuz, hey, I made their day, and I actually talked to a real person..... I give them personal attention.... I know how business works.... I don;t always agree with the old way or the new way......Just doing what I know, and do it the best I can......Sometimes, when Ship manager is having a bad day, then they talk to me, and I just made their day.... They will give ME that extra shipment, They tell me so, and my P&D tells me, when they come back to the barn......

Personal service, not bull----, either.... they are stuck too.... I know this, too.....

This is what I do, in the office.... what a shame, if, and when/if this EOL may go dark......

You wuz a Waitress?

PS... Larry retired... (not picking on you)..but you had mentioned in a previous post that all decissions of who picked up the frieght today was not sitting at the window, to see what color truck pulled in.... This is only true with national accounts....

But, because of my personal experience, and having worked in the office, and my years of experience there, .... there are plenty of of shipments "up in the air"... and the Shipping manager actually gets to choose who might get this shipment today.... I have never met these people, but they are my "phone friends".....

When I was 17 years, and a waitress.....I learned very quickly....and I have not forgotten that...... PERSONAL SERVICE ....will get you...EVERYWHERE !

I'll give my shippers my direct line to call me, and avoid the phone rhetoric, of that CCC.... ( Don't we all HATE THAT ! PRESS ONE NOW ...) and they give me those shipments...cuz, hey, I made their day, and I actually talked to a real person..... I give them personal attention.... I know how business works.... I don;t always agree with the old way or the new way......Just doing what I know, and do it the best I can......Sometimes, when Ship manager is having a bad day, then they talk to me, and I just made their day.... They will give ME that extra shipment, They tell me so, and my P&D tells me, when they come back to the barn......

Personal service, not bull----, either.... they are stuck too.... I know this, too.....

This is what I do, in the office.... what a shame, if, and when/if this EOL may go dark......
You had my attention already but you have it double now! Go on bluemule...I can only learn from here...Who?...(of anyone of us?) can tell the story of the working woman / man ... better than you?:1036316054::smilie_132: