Yellow | YRCW truck leasing info

On Wednesday, James Welch, CEO of the Overland Park less-than-truckload carrier (Nasdaq: YRCW), said his company is leasing equipment for subsidiaries YRC Freight, New Penn, Holland and Reddaway.

That article is four years old though, wongway, it might be different this time around.
Right but them lease trucks we are still using and why would they change ,when leasing works best for them ! Don't think the banks will let them buy trucks with cash that the banks want 1st ??

Right but them lease trucks we are still using and why would they change ,when leasing works best for them ! Don't think the banks will let them buy trucks with cash that the banks want 1st ??
I don't know, could be. The fact that the trucks are white is usually a good indicator that they are leased but up in the NP forum they have, somewhere, a picture of their registration and IIRC it shows a NP shell company as the owner of the equipment. But that might have been a trailer too.

I don't know, could be. The fact that the trucks are white is usually a good indicator that they are leased but up in the NP forum they have, somewhere, a picture of their registration and IIRC it shows a NP shell company as the owner of the equipment. But that might have been a trailer too.
Leasing is a complicated animal and can vary depending on the situation and parties involved.

Ultimately, the leasing company wants YRCW to buy out the lease at the end of the term because their equipment is still ordered to specification. YRCF's two axle tractors, Holland's tag-axle tractors, pup trailers for both YRCF and Reddaway (including some unique tandem axle 32ft lead units for the latter) and tailgate trailers for all of them. And the tighter spaced logistics posts for decking cost more per trailer too.

The leasing company doesn't want any of it back, because they'd never get rid of most of it.

Leasing is a complicated animal and can vary depending on the situation and parties involved.

Ultimately, the leasing company wants YRCW to buy out the lease at the end of the term because their equipment is still ordered to specification. YRCF's two axle tractors, Holland's tag-axle tractors, pup trailers for both YRCF and Reddaway (including some unique tandem axle 32ft lead units for the latter) and tailgate trailers for all of them. And the tighter spaced logistics posts for decking cost more per trailer too.

The leasing company doesn't want any of it back, because they'd never get rid of most of it.
Another reason they do not want yrc equipment back when lease is up, is they have to fix all the torn up stuff, like try and remove the religious messages written in permanent marker on headliners,and sun visors, replace all the side fairings, replace the bumpers, fix the cracked fender of the hood, replace the mudflaps, paint the wheels, fix all the broken buttons and switches on the dash,probably replace the lights in the bottom of the doors, and steam clean the floorboards to get all the old food residue smell out...did I miss anything???

Another reason they do not want yrc equipment back when lease is up, is they have to fix all the torn up stuff, like try and remove the religious messages written in permanent marker on headliners,and sun visors, replace all the side fairings, replace the bumpers, fix the cracked fender of the hood, replace the mudflaps, paint the wheels, fix all the broken buttons and switches on the dash,probably replace the lights in the bottom of the doors, and steam clean the floorboards to get all the old food residue smell out...did I miss anything???
What about all the missing sun visors? The SSTN campaign wasn't very successful, Ted! :duh:

No holes in the headliner to dangle the big rigger CB mic?

Another reason they do not want yrc equipment back when lease is up, is they have to fix all the torn up stuff, like try and remove the religious messages written in permanent marker on headliners,and sun visors, replace all the side fairings, replace the bumpers, fix the cracked fender of the hood, replace the mudflaps, paint the wheels, fix all the broken buttons and switches on the dash,probably replace the lights in the bottom of the doors, and steam clean the floorboards to get all the old food residue smell out...did I miss anything?? And most of this done within the first two hundred thousand miles

The holes , that are drilled into places that didn't have a hole before, to run your CB and satellite radio antenna wires. I've heard that, if you make the hole big enough, you only need one or two.

AND JUST WHAT DOES THE SHOP DO? If safety related items are not written up and/or repaired the truck or trailer is not supposed to roll.

The holes , that are drilled into places that didn't have a hole before, to run your CB and satellite radio antenna wires. I've heard that, if you make the hole big enough, you only need one or two.
Besides the more holes the better for the fuel mileage. The air passes through the unit better with more holes, creating less drag, thus better fuel mileage. In winter months, toilet paper and duct tape can be used to plug up the holes.

Besides the more holes the better for the fuel mileage. The air passes through the unit better with more holes, creating less drag, thus better fuel mileage. In winter months, toilet paper and duct tape can be used to plug up the holes.
Maybe a skeleton of a truck would get better fuel mileage?Is that why I used to see Roadway trucks with just a quarter of a bumper and missing radiator grills

I remember while at Yellow Frt '89 - '91, you could always tell if you assigned truck for that night was a slow one as soon as you got in.
The tell-tale sign was if the all metal dashboard in a Brigadier was all dented and beat up - it was a slow truck. I guess more than a few drivers back then thought if you beat the truck with your tire billy, it would go faster.
I guess that is a holdover reaction from the "country boys" who used to beat the mules back home to get them to move faster.