Yellow | YRCW truck leasing info

For a four year old article this sure went the mile on posts!
Wow.
Do you really think they only leased equipment this one time 4 years ago. This may be the only time we know of. It may have been going on for years before and has happened many times or continuously ever since this article quoted James Welch.. This sort of stuff is usually kept pretty hush - hush. They really don't want the employees to know what the leased equipment ratio is to owned equipment and how much that ratio is changing from owned to leased. To know that may show a pattern of things to come.

Do you really think they only leased equipment this one time 4 years ago. This may be the only time we know of. It may have been going on for years before and has happened many times or continuously ever since this article quoted James Welch.. This sort of stuff is usually kept pretty hush - hush. They really don't want the employees to know what the leased equipment ratio is to owned equipment and how much that ratio is changing from owned to leased. To know that may show a pattern of things to come.
I'm sure it's not.
But. I'm at the point I don't care what they do.
And. I know there is nothing I can do about it.
I will fight with what time I have left to do the right thing.
But it's time for me to pass the torch.
Mine is fading.

Besides the more holes the better for the fuel mileage. The air passes through the unit better with more holes, creating less drag, thus better fuel mileage. In winter months, toilet paper and duct tape can be used to plug up the holes.

Rust holes=speed holes.
Parts falling off=lighter rig for higher performance.

Yep & they are still Leasing ,but can't tell these Bullheads on here that !

If they outright purchased their new equipment, it would mean that they own something of value. Not to mention it's unlikely YRC can afford the down payment for all of the equipment they're currently leasing.

They desperately need new equipment. They're too broke to buy outright. And the numbers they're currently getting in is still not enough to update the fleet in anything resembling a reasonable time.

I don't think YRC wants to go broke. But I do think that they're working with the IBT to ensure the "greedy union workers" take the blame if they do. After all, lots of people still think the Teamsters took down Consolidated Freightways because that's the picture that was painted.

And undoubtedly Mr. James Hoffa Jr. himself will stand up and say how unfair it is.

If they outright purchased their new equipment, it would mean that they own something of value. Not to mention it's unlikely YRC can afford the down payment for all of the equipment they're currently leasing.

They desperately need new equipment. They're too broke to buy outright. And the numbers they're currently getting in is still not enough to update the fleet in anything resembling a reasonable time.

I don't think YRC wants to go broke. But I do think that they're working with the IBT to ensure the "greedy union workers" take the blame if they do. After all, lots of people still think the Teamsters took down Consolidated Freightways because that's the picture that was painted.

And undoubtedly Mr. James Hoffa Jr. himself will stand up and say how unfair it is.
Stop it!!! Stop making sense!!!

Your second paragraph,CF, is what many cannot understand. Leasing, is, less money to come up with all at once...

You painted a unique and accurate, true picture of what is happening. It is a clear picture of the recent past, present and the future of Yellow Freight and their "new" company YRC. It is an ugly picture that most do not want to look at (including me), but there comes a point where all people involved in this mess have to be courageous enough and realistic enough to see that "picture", as ugly as it is. Denial does not make it go away.

You are also right when eventually the union members will ultimately be blamed for the demise of YRC.
It has happened many times in the past. There is no reason to believe it will be any different this time.
That is a big reason why union membership, in general, is now down to 11% of America's workforce (and dropping). Unions are always bashed as the reason of company failures and the general public has heard it so often they now believe it. The anti-union people are loving it. The "well" has been poisoned.

And you are right on Hoffa, too. He and his buddy Bill Lichtenwald actively pushed to make sure a bill to abolish ERISA protections in 2014 through Congress was passed and signed into law, thus allowing CSPF to immediately push for pension cuts in 2015. Then after his original planning and support of the cuts, he flip-flops and says he 's against the cuts and even takes credit for the Treasury's action to stop the planned cuts in July 2016, all to fool the members before his election.

Hoffa is a weasel. The only person he's looking out for is himself.

One Driver carved out in the liner a circle so that his big cowboy hat would fit in the truck while on his head
Wow! I DO believe it. Pretty much the same thing happened at Holland with a wannabe cowboy.
That reminds me of another "dim lightbulb" driver at Holland that had an assigned tractor he drove every night. He wanted to put his custom-made radio box up at eye level just like the super truckers, so he went to his terminal on a weekend and drilled holes all the way through the cab roof and bolted his radio box to the inside of the roof on those bolts.. About a week or so later, he wrote up his tractor for a "leaking roof" when it rained. The shop crew found the leak problem. In exchange for not being fired, he agreed to pay for the body shop repairs out of his paychecks. I won't name him or his terminal, but any Holland drivers that were working back then will remember. You can't fix stupid.

Your second paragraph,CF, is what many cannot understand. Leasing, is, less money to come up with all at once...
The questions that keeps popping up in my mind is "Do they also own the leasing company (or companies) as a separate entity?"
And IF the company does indeed fold, "Will all that leased equipment and leased property be subject to bankruptcy court "assets" to be sold?"
I think I already know the answer to question #2

Wow! I DO believe it. Pretty much the same thing happened at Holland with a wannabe cowboy.
That reminds me of another "dim lightbulb" driver at Holland that had an assigned tractor he drove every night. He wanted to put his custom-made radio box up at eye level just like the super truckers, so he went to his terminal on a weekend and drilled holes all the way through the cab roof and bolted his radio box to the inside of the roof on those bolts.. About a week or so later, he wrote up his tractor for a "leaking roof" when it rained. The shop crew found the leak problem. In exchange for not being fired, he agreed to pay for the body shop repairs out of his paychecks. I won't name him or his terminal, but any Holland drivers that were working back then will remember. You can't fix stupid.
Ya know what Forest said, stupid is as stupid does. Must be related. von.

The sleepers have been leased for over 15 years. They turn them in on a regular basis They do that primarily for Penske breakdown road service. The Strouton series of pups were leased. I don't think any of this is new news.
The city tractor I drive is 17 years old. I wish they would lease me a new tractor. I don't think the city fleet will draw much in a bankruptcy anyway

The questions that keeps popping up in my mind is "Do they also own the leasing company (or companies) as a separate entity?"
And IF the company does indeed fold, "Will all that leased equipment and leased property be subject to bankruptcy court "assets" to be sold?"
I think I already know the answer to question #2
I vaguely recall the leasing company being based in Hawaii or something. I can check the ownership of the next new Holland van I see to find out. I don't think YRC owns a stake in them. It'd have to be declared, and all of that information is publicly available.

And leased equipment, in a bankruptcy, would be returned to the leasing company for them to deal with. The leasing company would either have to find another lessee or a buyer.

I vaguely recall the leasing company being based in Hawaii or something. I can check the ownership of the next new Holland van I see to find out. I don't think YRC owns a stake in them. It'd have to be declared, and all of that information is publicly available.

And leased equipment, in a bankruptcy, would be returned to the leasing company for them to deal with. The leasing company would either have to find another lessee or a buyer.
Have looked a quite a few registrations on trailers. The Stroutons trailers are the only leased trailers I've found and they show Strouton Leasing as the owners. All of the newer Walbash trailers show YRC Inc as the owner.

Have looked a quite a few registrations on trailers. The Stroutons trailers are the only leased trailers I've found and they show Strouton Leasing as the owners. All of the newer Walbash trailers show YRC Inc as the owner.
YRCW did have a leasing company.I recall seeing a Volvo tractor and flatbed Trailer with a steel company logo on the tractor and lo and behold YRC leasing stickers on both tractor and flatbed.This was right around the time we were being solicited for concessions.I saw this rig on irving Blvd near the old 509irving terminal.

The Wabash units, I believe, were bought by Roadway pre-merger. I haven't seen one newer than 2007 myself. I'm also reasonably sure that there's a sprinkling of Great Dane and Stoughton units in there too. Those trailers all have tighter post spacing than the newer lease trailers.