ABF | yrcw votes are in , YES......

keepontruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
Ok guys, here's a ? for all of us to ponder.... Our brothers at Yrcw just voted yes on their third concession... what does this mean for us? can ABF go after our pension rate as well... i mean after july 2011, yrcw will contribute 2.00 per hour into the pension while abf does alomst 9.00(new england rate) ....does anyone here know if they can do anything?

How can this take place

I was always told it was illegal to pay less then what your plan calls for, now that yrcw looks to be well on their way to changing that rule it can't be to long before we are asked to consider some give with our plan. Yrc thinks this just saved all them a job when in fact it just started a new round of deregulation for us all.. what a joke this plan they just voted in, not only did they take from the present but also the future, they are stuck with this bullshit until 2015..

Well said Teamsterjoe! you hit it right on! they have done damage to the whole freight industry, its only a matter of time until ABF changes our rules too.

@ teamster joe, joe put yourself in our shoes, i got 33 yrs with yellow, i dont want this bulls""t, but are ba tells us a no vote might just shut the f""king doors, i want my pension brother, i no a lot of you abf brothers are gonna be pissed, but like i said, but yer self in are shoes, joe it sucks, it really sucks, i just hope some of you guys understand, some of use who have a lot of time, dont have much of a choice, but to vote this bulls::t in, i got a lot of freinds at abf, and am really sorry this had to happen.

@ teamster joe, joe put yourself in our shoes, i got 33 yrs with yellow, i dont want this bulls""t, but are ba tells us a no vote might just shut the f""king doors, i want my pension brother, i no a lot of you abf brothers are gonna be pissed, but like i said, but yer self in are shoes, joe it sucks, it really sucks, i just hope some of you guys understand, some of use who have a lot of time, dont have much of a choice, but to vote this bulls::t in, i got a lot of freinds at abf, and am really sorry this had to happen.

Wake up you will never see your pension. You will be lucky if you have a job come June. Ask yourself if my Brothers at ABF can say no maybe we can stand up and say no to, but you are not that strong. I wish you luck with 33 years of only caring about yourself you can seat back and say huray for me and f---k you

Well said Teamsterjoe! you hit it right on! they have done damage to the whole freight industry, its only a matter of time until ABF changes our rules too.

We all didn't do this damage, there was many of us that voted NO, just not enough of us

well abf I work for yrc and I did vote no, I really think these morons I work with would vote us down to minium wage. but I will tell you all of the yes voters will be the ones who do all the bitching. nuff said sorry I guess yrc is dragging everybody down.

I can totally understand where you are coming from. Sometimes you have to pick your battles. Unfortunately it is going to cause a battle for us at ABF. Our people can call bull, just shut it down. On the other side I hear the guys crying because some aren't getting their 10 a day so they can't go fishing so much. It is hard to realize that most of us have worked alot of years for the golden egg of retirement but the easter bunny keeps hidding the egg over and over again. like I said in a previous post, I am thankful so far that I did not have to make this kind of decision. Let the chips fall where they may and we will do the best we can.

We all didn't do this damage, there was many of us that voted NO, just not enough of us

I realize this and I feel the pain that you guys must be feeling right now.I can only imagine how it will be for you guys to go on working knowing how you got screwed.This isn't much of a condolence but there are a good many of us at ABF that feel your pain.

I realize this and I feel the pain that you guys must be feeling right now.I can only imagine how it will be for you guys to go on working knowing how you got screwed.This isn't much of a condolence but there are a good many of us at ABF that feel your pain.

Thanks bud, the No voters saw how we were going to get screwed, the yes voters are going to see it now.

The sad thing is,they won`t be the only ones! The race to the bottom is in high gear!
Your right this sucks we are so screwed its not even funny. Thanks to some of are of fellow brother who are just happy too have a job.
Being A former roadway employee of 10 years i cant beleve the union is letting this go on? For what its worth local 401 out of wilkes barre pa. told its members its not right & they are only buying time. Our b.a. is not a hoffa suck up & tells it like it i....

I guess we better start grabbing our ankles, cause it's coming our way! Concessions talk should start about April. How much you gonna need Judy?

The damage was done along time ago when the unions were unable to get new members in the freight industry. When you have Estes, R+L, Fed-Ex, Conway and even UPS not paying the NMFA wage and pension then it was only a matter of time. Every time the YRC salesman goes into an account and offers a new discount one of these low paying outfits follows us right in and up's the discount BEFORE we even move one skid. Now you really think about and figure it out WHO did the damage. Sure as heck not the YRC drivers. Sorry for my input on the ABF board but I felt it my place here to offer my opinion.

I guess we better start grabbing our ankles, cause it's coming our way! Concessions talk should start about April. How much you gonna need Judy?

I don't think that they will be waiting till April capnkirk. IMO...Whatever course of action that they have decided to take if the concessions passed will be coming our way in a week or at the latest two weeks.They have been monitoring this the whole way.One thing that you can bet on is that they will start by putting fear into us first by doing something(don't know what)then ask for the concessions.

The damage was done along time ago when the unions were unable to get new members in the freight industry. When you have Estes, R+L, Fed-Ex, Conway and even UPS not paying the NMFA wage and pension then it was only a matter of time. Every time the YRC salesman goes into an account and offers a new discount one of these low paying outfits follows us right in and up's the discount BEFORE we even move one skid. Now you really think about and figure it out WHO did the damage. Sure as heck not the YRC drivers. Sorry for my input on the ABF board but I felt it my place here to offer my opinion.
I take it you voted yes larry? Will you vote yes for the on the 4th or 5th? What im saying is where do you draw the line? Most of the yrc guys in my area are working 60+ hours a week so thet 15% dosent hurt. Now throw in the 4 hour casual & your cut back to a 40 hour work week and you will see that 15% missing.