ABF | yrcw votes are in , YES......

If we voted no and they closed,abf would have been next.no way they could cover the pension plan by itself.

First of all: What proof do you have that YRC would of closed if the outcome was no( I mean proof...not hearsay) and you saying that ABF would of been next is just plain BS! They will be contributing the same amount towards the pension that they always have till the end of the contract.Answer this: Do you think that the 25% that YRC will be contributing for the next 5 years will really do the trick?

The damage was done along time ago when the unions were unable to get new members in the freight industry. When you have Estes, R+L, Fed-Ex, Conway and even UPS not paying the NMFA wage and pension then it was only a matter of time. Every time the YRC salesman goes into an account and offers a new discount one of these low paying outfits follows us right in and up's the discount BEFORE we even move one skid. Now you really think about and figure it out WHO did the damage. Sure as heck not the YRC drivers. Sorry for my input on the ABF board but I felt it my place here to offer my opinion.

Lazylarry, you don't know what you are talking about, YRC has lead the race for a long time on giving the biggest discount. You would not be in the shape you are in if YRC would not have tried to corner the market on freight and put the rest of us out of business. Yes the non unions did their share to but you were the biggest sinner.

If we voted no and they closed,abf would have been next.no way they could cover the pension plan by itself.
The union bent over backwards for yrc why wouldent they do the same for abf? Or abf they can stop paying it all together that seems to work for some.

The damage was done along time ago when the unions were unable to get new members in the freight industry. When you have Estes, R+L, Fed-Ex, Conway and even UPS not paying the NMFA wage and pension then it was only a matter of time. Every time the YRC salesman goes into an account and offers a new discount one of these low paying outfits follows us right in and up's the discount BEFORE we even move one skid. Now you really think about and figure it out WHO did the damage. Sure as heck not the YRC drivers. Sorry for my input on the ABF board but I felt it my place here to offer my opinion.

We here the same thing from our salesmen about YRC discounts!! First thing they did after the first round of give backs! And I'm not blaming the drivers it's management!!

We here the same thing from our salesmen about YRC discounts!! First thing they did after the first round of give backs! And I'm not blaming the drivers it's management!!
The huge discount dident work with the first round thats why they needed the 2nd & 3rd. Your right its **** poor managment not the members.

first of all: What proof do you have that yrc would of closed if the outcome was no( i mean proof...not hearsay) and you saying that abf would of been next is just plain bs! They will be contributing the same amount towards the pension that they always have till the end of the contract.answer this: Do you think that the 25% that yrc will be contributing for the next 5 years will really do the trick?

first of all what proof do you have that they wouldnt close,and second they would be contributing more because they would be covering the yrc orphans,about the 25%,its better than o%.if you look at the past years quarterly results yrc is about to turn the corner,without our help we would have closed.we need to outlast another company by one day for things to get better.you want to bash somebody,bash a non union driver for working without taking breaks and lunch without being paid for it.for sitting in the drivers room from 8 till 9.30 waiting for thier load to be ready without being paid for it even know they start at 8.leave the yrc men alone,we are trying to survive because of bad management.hopefully things get better.

First off I want to see what you guys at YRC will do when they come back for round 4. When the 25% contributions are do and they can't pay, it is just a matter of time. I wish you guys the best of luck at YRC.

first of all what proof do you have that they wouldnt close,and second they would be contributing more because they would be covering the yrc orphans,about the 25%,its better than o%.if you look at the past years quarterly results yrc is about to turn the corner,without our help we would have closed.we need to outlast another company by one day for things to get better.you want to bash somebody,bash a non union driver for working without taking breaks and lunch without being paid for it.for sitting in the drivers room from 8 till 9.30 waiting for thier load to be ready without being paid for it even know they start at 8.leave the yrc men alone,we are trying to survive because of bad management.hopefully things get better.

First of all ...I'm not the one that stated that YRC would of closed if there was a no vote.I didn't say that they wouldn't of closed if the vote was no...I asked for proof the statement that you made that they would.Don't even try to turn my words around!

Second: You don't even have a clue on how the pension works but you flap your gums like you know all about it.That's plain ignorance!That's why I bashed you.

Third: There you go with that 25% of something is better than nothing crap.What a great argument! I'll tell you what...from now on when your electric bill comes due, just start paying 25% of the bill and let us see just how long your power stays on.How much do you wanna bet that it don't stay on for 5 years?

Fourth: You are on the ABF forum trying to tell us that it's better for us that you guys voted yes.That's hogwash and an insult to the ABF Teamsters!!!!!

I don't think that they will be waiting till April capnkirk. IMO...Whatever course of action that they have decided to take if the concessions passed will be coming our way in a week or at the latest two weeks.They have been monitoring this the whole way.One thing that you can bet on is that they will start by putting fear into us first by doing something(don't know what)then ask for the concessions.

It will be intersting to see whats up next. 3rd quarter reports coming out this week.We've been very busy here in 120. I can't see us doing bad for the 3rd quarter. Do you think a bad report will get the ball rolling? What ever happens it's going to be very interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nono_h4h:

Hey lazylarry. Don't you think abf sales men have the same problem. even with yrc cutting there rates. It seems it is us against all of you. THATS COMPITITION . ABF is at the worst disadvantage of all . Tell me if I'm wrong.

It will be intersting to see whats up next. 3rd quarter reports coming out this week.We've been very busy here in 120. I can't see us doing bad for the 3rd quarter. Do you think a bad report will get the ball rolling? What ever happens it's going to be very interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nono_h4h:

I know what you mean capnkirk. I'm very interested in what ABF will REPORT in the 3rd quarter.We have been very busy down here too in the last quarter.I think that they will get the ball rolling with some kind of change but it's very hard to say with them...but one thing that I know for sure is that us ABF Teamsters will have to come together and meet this challenge with solidarity. Which some of our brothers are already coming up with solutions if the need arises that actually looks out for the benefit of the rank and file too!

first of all ...i'm not the one that stated that yrc would of closed if there was a no vote.i didn't say that they wouldn't of closed if the vote was no...i asked for proof the statement that you made that they would.don't even try to turn my words around!

Second: You don't even have a clue on how the pension works but you flap your gums like you know all about it.that's plain ignorance!that's why i bashed you.

Third: There you go with that 25% of something is better than nothing crap.what a great argument! I'll tell you what...from now on when your electric bill comes due, just start paying 25% of the bill and let us see just how long your power stays on.how much do you wanna bet that it don't stay on for 5 years?

Fourth: You are on the abf forum trying to tell us that it's better for us that you guys voted yes.that's hogwash and an insult to the abf teamsters!!!!!

i asked you what proof you had that they wouldnt close if we voted no.where is it.

The deed is done. I hope they make it. But, is it worth the Pandora's box the just opened up in the WHOLE trucking industry? Time will tell.......

i asked you what proof you had that they wouldnt close if we voted no.where is it.

You mean to tell me in what all I replied to you that this is all that you could come up with???? You're not the brightest are you?

I'm going to take this real slow for you...OK

Show me where I said that YRC wouldn't close if you voted no.Do you comprehend; understand if you will?

But since you are so persistent...I'll comply

"Instead, the company would have until Jan. 10 to have the agreement in force, providing time for a possible revote if necessary."

YRC Worldwide lenders extend deadline ahead of union vote result | Kansas City Business Journal

Now...try to answer my questions!

Okay harley since you put it that way, what will you be glad to have next time around? fuel for the trucks or maybe tires with good tread, or a air ride seat that works.... come on any one of you guys can tell this was a let see what we can get package, even before the ink was dry on your vote the lenders gave the company more time to get what was needed, now we will never know what was really needed because you yrc guys took the first offer, and let me say this won't be the last time you will have to be thankful for your job they seen how easy you guys give in, its like taking candy from a baby.. so get ready to be glad to have your job again Harly

33 years and you voted yes

@ teamster joe, joe put yourself in our shoes, i got 33 yrs with yellow, i dont want this bulls""t, but are ba tells us a no vote might just shut the f""king doors, i want my pension brother, i no a lot of you abf brothers are gonna be pissed, but like i said, but yer self in are shoes, joe it sucks, it really sucks, i just hope some of you guys understand, some of use who have a lot of time, dont have much of a choice, but to vote this bulls::t in, i got a lot of freinds at abf, and am really sorry this had to happen.

If I had 33 years I would be on a beach some where reading about this ::shit:: on my lab top. you say you want your pension then what the hell brother take it, how much more do you want? as to your BA telling you how to vote remeber jimmy hoffa is his boss so he is going to do what he is told. I been a Teamster for 22 years and never did I let them tell me how to vote, I don't hate anybody at yrc but what the hell you guys needed to show some back bone, send them back to the table for a better offer at least one time, its to easy for them its like taking candy from a baby,

I totally agree with you. Its definately a downgrade to the working conditions of middle class America. I occasionally visit with FedEx ground contractors....now thats the real culprit. Some of those poor son-of-a guns work 60 hours for a $600 salary with NO BENNIES !!!! And there trucks are jam packed full. All they know is complete mistruths about unions putting companys out of business. This is a mess. When people will do exactly what we will do for peanuts, then a shipper shows you right on the computer how you lost a shipment because the competition was $20 cheaper, you know your screwed. Try explaining it to them how that competitor doesnt pay wll or offers no bennies and they could care less. Its all about the bottom line. Its a race to the bottom. Should have gone to trade school and became a plumber.

32 yrs that is the problem you older guys always sayin we got to stick together but i have yet see an older teamster even act like he cared if the young guy gets his or not you show me a high man on the bored that is willing to share in any sacrafice true u worked for it the same way i am right now.I guess i'll quit here just explain why if you are that worried about why not take your 33yrs and retire

No one could see how voting this piece of ::shit:: contract in would kill the nmfa contract as well as hurt abf and the industry as a whole??? oh wait.. yes they could, but their own little world was all that mattered! We've just been punched in the face 3 times and layed there like little girls... It's embarrassing! I'm especially embarrassed at a 69% yes vote for newpenn. And a yes vote out of my own barn!!!
Good luck to the ABF Teamsters