Yellow | YRCW....

YRC Worldwide's (YRCW) CEO James Welch on Q1 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
https://seekingalpha.com/article/40...-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

David Ross

Thanks. And then you mentioned streamlining the businesses and getting efficiencies where you can. Any comment about the network? Where you see YRC Freight and then the regionals? Is there enough capacity, not enough, too much?

James Welch

We like the way our network structure of 385 terminals in total are between all four operating companies. I think the networks are really set at the regional companies. YRC Freight with the addition of some new talent certainly is evaluating how that network looks and how we can make it more streamlined and more efficient. Too early to really discuss anything specific, but I would say that that's a constant work in process that will evolve over time.

Darren Hawkins

And we do the same thing, David, from a terminal footprint. You've seen us open five terminals in recent times, and specifically Atlanta. I'm so glad we opened South Atlanta when we did because with ice have collapsed and the other things that's happened down there where they moved to New Braves Stadium, it's been very helpful to us in that city and taking care of our customers and seeing some nice growth in that area, even though the congestion is out of control down there at the time being.

:bananapartyhat:

YRC Worldwide's (YRCW) CEO James Welch on Q1 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
https://seekingalpha.com/article/40...-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

David Ross

Thanks. And then you mentioned streamlining the businesses and getting efficiencies where you can. Any comment about the network? Where you see YRC Freight and then the regionals? Is there enough capacity, not enough, too much?

James Welch

We like the way our network structure of 385 terminals in total are between all four operating companies. I think the networks are really set at the regional companies. YRC Freight with the addition of some new talent certainly is evaluating how that network looks and how we can make it more streamlined and more efficient. Too early to really discuss anything specific, but I would say that that's a constant work in process that will evolve over time.

Darren Hawkins

And we do the same thing, David, from a terminal footprint. You've seen us open five terminals in recent times, and specifically Atlanta. I'm so glad we opened South Atlanta when we did because with ice have collapsed and the other things that's happened down there where they moved to New Braves Stadium, it's been very helpful to us in that city and taking care of our customers and seeing some nice growth in that area, even though the congestion is out of control down there at the time being.

:bananapartyhat:
Nothing new move along