FedEx Freight | Zero miles for the holiday.

Guardrail

TB Legend
Credits
The line haul manager at our barn posted a notice that there were zero extra line haul runs this weekend. Do not call Central.

He told me there was extra freight but FedEx wanted 0 mile over the holiday. Anyone care to venture a guess as to why FedEx would want that?

I know it's safer with all the drunks to be off the road, but why stretch it out to the weekend?

Do you think it's because they care for their employees and want them to spend more time with their families. (I know... I was laughing before I could get that last sentence typed out)

What's your thoughts?

The line haul manager at our barn posted a notice that there were zero extra line haul runs this weekend. Do not call Central.

He told me there was extra freight but FedEx wanted 0 mile over the holiday. Anyone care to venture a guess as to why FedEx would want that?

I know it's safer with all the drunks to be off the road, but why stretch it out to the weekend?

Do you think it's because they care for their employees and want them to spend more time with their families. (I know... I was laughing before I could get that last sentence typed out)

What's your thoughts?

i don't know that your TM is absolutely correct. Everyone at my yard has to make there Wed run on Sunday, so we'll have a 6 day week coming up.....

We are working Sunday too. That doesn't count toward the weekend I guess. Everyone with a run that leaves before noon had to work Wednesday. Those that leave after noon work Sunday.

At Freight in STL they forced out the extra board yesterday morning, most of those guys were not happy about it.... that's the breaks of being extra though.

FM

Last week we had a bunch of guys want to run but all the freight got moved by city drivers on monday..wile line haul guys lost money:nutkick:

Heading out Sunday now. Asked where i want to go. Said Orlando LOL He said NOT!! so will do usual run. We got 75 outbound stacked up in our yard LOL Oh What a year this is going to be

saw a whole bunch of fed ex freight out both Friday and today .... guess they got more freight than we do :TR10driving03: :butt kiss:

No P bear, I think they are trying to fix there screw up this past week closing the hubs they closed mon and tues.:hysterical: