Yellow | Zip Code COO March 2015.....What's Your Opinion on It?

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
OK People....HERE is where we will debate this COO....may be that some of you will see things different, may be some will demand to ask their Locals to protect your Job.....may be that some of you might have no problems with it.....BUT, I bet many of you do!?.....KK

THE COO states that NO ONE will be laid off or transferred in this COO?

The COO was written and delivered on December 18, 2014....HOW MANY GOT A LAID OFF NOTICE AFTER THAT DATE?

So, they claim no one will be laid off, even though it will go in effect in March 2015?

Hell, you have already laid them off!!

SO, if you are laid off as of 12/18/2014, you should DEMAND that your Local bring it up in the COO hearing on March 5, 2015 and all who were layed off as off 12/18/2014 should be reinstated!

This WILL effect the work of some road drivers....If you run a bid to one of the satellite terminals that is in this COO, you will not be taking as much freight to that terminal, as it will be trapped at the DC and interlined from there....so eventually it will effect the footprint of that bid going to that satellite terminal!

Less freight to terminals means less miles for drivers and bids will not have enough freight to keep it a bid......

The vital piece to the equation is: how much freight is actual going to this towns for the past 2 years. COO says "no freight " to the affected zip codes. The local should get with the P&D drivers, the ones who know the best!

THE COO states that NO ONE will be laid off or transferred in this COO?

The COO was written and delivered on December 18, 2014....HOW MANY GOT A LAID OFF NOTICE AFTER THAT DATE?

So, they claim no one will be laid off, even though it will go in effect in March 2015?

Hell, you have already laid them off!!

SO, if you are laid off as of 12/18/2014, you should DEMAND that your Local bring it up in the COO hearing on March 5, 2015 and all who were layed off as off 12/18/2014 should be reinstated!

Come on KK, you know perfectly well that layoffs in late December and January are not at all unusual. They've been going on for a long time in this industry.

This WILL effect the work of some road drivers....If you run a bid to one of the satellite terminals that is in this COO, you will not be taking as much freight to that terminal, as it will be trapped at the DC and interlined from there....so eventually it will effect the footprint of that bid going to that satellite terminal!

Less freight to terminals means less miles for drivers and bids will not have enough freight to keep it a bid......

Since this proposed change has to do with the occasional, non-profitable, slight bit of freight going to outlying locations, at best even if it means one less skid on a trailer do you really believe that will affect a road run. I hardly think so.

Come on KK, you know perfectly well that layoffs in late December and January are not at all unusual. They've been going on for a long time in this industry.
This COO was written on 12/18/14.....MANY were laid off at these satellite terminals as late as last week BEFORE the hearing...I will use Decatur/409 as an example...they load 2 more off last week (14 left).....don't have enough to make P&D, so they interline with Holland down the street where they have 41 working.......they should recall anybody laid off since 12/18/14 PERIOD! ......KK

This COO was written on 12/18/14.....MANY were laid off at these satellite terminals as late as last week BEFORE the hearing...I will use Decatur/409 as an example...they load 2 more off last week (14 left).....don't have enough to make P&D, so they interline with Holland down the street where they have 41 working.......they should recall anybody laid off since 12/18/14 PERIOD! ......KK

I don't know the specific numbers in the situation you've mentioned here, so I can't really comment about it. But as I've said, layoffs aren't unusual when the revenue isn't there to cover a drivers pay. I don't know exactly how the revenue from any particular shipment is allocated to the various segments of the job (P&D, road, office, etc.) but if a few missed pickups wouldn't have generated enough P&D allocated revenue to cover the cost of the P&D drivers pay then that would be a losing situation for that day. I don't know if that's the case here but it's a reality if any company is to survive. No company can pay people if the revenue doesn't cover the pay, at least they can't do that for very long.

Is this freight to be interlined to holland? Is that fact? If so, does that just move freight they claim loses money from one company to another?
Just asking for correct info.

Is this freight to be interlined to holland? Is that fact? If so, does that just move freight they claim loses money from one company to another?

I could be wrong, but here's my take. If one company is making a delivery to some area where it has no (or very few) other deliveries then that's a fairly costly delivery to make considering fuel, driver pay, etc. If another company is delivering to that same area with multiple deliveries then those deliveries are less costly on a per shipment basis since the fuel, driver pay costs are spread out over more shipments.

Who would be responsible for any OS&D claims? If it is the delivering company, than that loss goes away also.

OK People....HERE is where we will debate this COO....may be that some of you will see things different, may be some will demand to ask their Locals to protect your Job.....may be that some of you might have no problems with it.....BUT, I bet many of you do!?.....KK
I'm a p&d driver and ive only heard of 1 of the locations were losing and i know all our routes pretty well. I would say we will lose maybe a bill or 2 per month on this change at most, dont think it will even be that much probably closer to a bill or 2 every 3 months. This is the most insignificant change ive seen.

When a carrier hands over a shipment to an interline carrier, the receiving carrier should note any damages on the delivery receipt before accepting it just as a customer does now. Standard procedure for interlining freight!!!! So if YRCF gives a shipment to Sugarfoot Express to deliver, and Sugarfoot accepts it from YRCF with no notations on the delivery receipt, they will now be liable if the consignee marks damage at time of delivery.

This change would make it alot easier for the company to just pick up freight from a shipper.Then use the interlining company to further deliver to the consignee.Never touch a Teamster dock.