Yellow | Zip Code Realignments

JohnnyRotten

TB Lurker
Credits
Posted on Yellows (internal use only) web site is all the proposed realignments of zip codes. The freight going from one terminal to another. I saw some of these propsed realignments for the terminals in NJ, wasn't allowed to make copies or print but all I can say is whom ever made these realignments had to be on crack.
I was told that realignments were done according to bill counts in each zipcode. From the territories that PNJ lost to CNJ,111,120,LIZ are realy crazy because in my opinion they are PNJ's heaviest areas. What PNJ gained from 120,is the same area we were left with after the cuts. I thought these changes were supposed to save the co monies, but from what I see there are extended stem times from the other terminals into PNJ's old territories
Some one in Kansas City(whomever made these changes) feels that PNJ giving up their heaviest areas to others and gaining the work from 120 in the small area we are keeping is going to be a wash. I was told that in the area we are keeping Roadway has 2 to 3 trucks in the same area we have only one. I don't believe it. I hope that some one from the union is over seeing these changes and is holding YRC's feet to the fire to prove that these change numbers are valid. In my opinion this is YRC's way of preventing any one to follow the work saying that all gainers and losers are even.
Any one else see the same?

:popcorn:Wait to you hear what they are doing to MBK.for instance taking away Danbury[45 miles] and they will be going to Pittsfield ma[god knows how far that one is] So you think someone was on crack??? maybe some really **** poor crack kinda like the ones that kill all the brain cells....:popcorn:

Here in our area yellow got a bigger and better slice of the pie!They better be ready to loose a lot of our current customers.Took all of our big revenue areas and left us with garbage areas,There's only going to be two terminals serving most of our state.(1 Yellow &1Roadway)Or YRC take your pick.Who ever the engineer is that came up with this zip code realignment should put down the crack pipe.We have to drive through towns that Yellows delivering to get towns were delivering to.Talk about lopsided.This issue has to be addressed big time!

zip codes

I work at 190 in carlstadt nj and we were told our terminal is losing 47% of our terminal area. This terminal is taking the biggest hit of all in the ny nj area. 63 men on p&d list, we will be lucky to have enough work for maybe 25 men after all of this bullshi!!!. Our new biggest accounts are house deliveries. There is going to be major problems if we are not alowed to follow our work. Let"s see how hard the union fights for us, so far not a word has be said.

seems here in Charlotte that yellow will get the north side and rdwy will get the south side. Or some thing like that.

Here in our area yellow got a bigger and better slice of the pie!They better be ready to loose a lot of our current customers.Took all of our big revenue areas and left us with garbage areas,There's only going to be two terminals serving most of our state.(1 Yellow &1Roadway)Or YRC take your pick.Who ever the engineer is that came up with this zip code realignment should put down the crack pipe.We have to drive through towns that Yellows delivering to get towns were delivering to.Talk about lopsided.This issue has to be addressed big time!

You must be in ct..

I work at 190 in carlstadt nj and we were told our terminal is losing 47% of our terminal area. This terminal is taking the biggest hit of all in the ny nj area. 63 men on p&d list, we will be lucky to have enough work for maybe 25 men after all of this bullshi!!!. Our new biggest accounts are house deliveries. There is going to be major problems if we are not alowed to follow our work. Let"s see how hard the union fights for us, so far not a word has be said.

Do you know how to use a grievance form?
This is what we are doing at 120 we are also getting it shuved up our ***!
Not to offend but grievances need to be put on record!
Sto:nutkick::nutkick:p talking and waitng for your local to step up, they won't!

When meeting with the company this weekend and the ZIP CODE GURU from corporate and explaing grievous discreptancies in the closest terminals in mileage to serve areas he just looked and said he wasn't correcting.....maybe somebody else can have better luck...lol.....I guess he saw how high the stock has climbed.

Harlem

I heard Roadway 190 is getting Harlem.

hagerstown losing northern virginia and rockville/gaithersburg. picked these areas up years ago due to interlining and poor service from other terminals due to manpower shortages of chronic nature. we gain somerset pa, bedford pa, moorefield wv. we may also lose a large local account. just the coo cuts will reduce us by half, not the 8 jobs listed on the coo. we could be closed and run out of carlisle, with our new service area this is an obvious future step.

Biggest problem are the things like Chicago making you go to the bottom of the seniority list............. The biggest problem is Yellow strong arming not allowing the freight to be picked up.. All managment lined up in little rows doing what they are ordered to do... But we are falling apart by letting yellow pretty much threaten us into pick this up let this sit............... I guess thats why I'm not managment.......When I was ordered to do things in the military that were wrong I did them right my way....