New Penn | Zollars Apology Letter

Why would anybody believe anything this man would say or agree to? :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Zollar is sorry, yeah sorry he said it before all the votes were in. Well at least everyone now knows that Zollar plans to honor none of the contract if it passed. Let me correct myself, ZOLLAR WILL HONOR THE PARTS WHERE WE GIVEBACK,THE REST OF THE CONTRACT(FILE A GRIEVANCE) IF U DON"T LIKE IT.:eck13::eck13:

I can only conclude that Zollars made these statements in an effort to be terminated ,so he can collect his contractually mandated golden parachute.After this latest gaff it would be irresponsible for the board of directors to leave this man in charge! I wish I could get my vote back!!!!

zollar a hero ?na just a ZERO!

this should show USE all that the only vote is NO.
STAND UP AND DO WHAT OTHERS DID TO GET US THIS FAR!
you can get a check any where if this goes through for the same wage as any non union driver $18.00 an hour for next 4yrs.even when yrc makes money on OUR BACK.
HAVE SOME BALLS VOTE NO NO NO

zollar a hero ?na just a ZERO!

this should show US all that the only vote is NO.
STAND UP AND DO WHAT OTHERS DID TO GET US THIS FAR!
you can get a check any where if this goes through for the same wage as any non union driver $18.00 an hour for next 4yrs.even when yrc makes money on OUR BACK.
HAVE SOME BALLS VOTE NO NO NO

you want your voteback

why would you even think about a yes vote

Why would anyone think YRC or the IBT is being honest with us??
Anyone wanna bet the banks don't get on board and thats why the IBT is asking us to vote on an 18 month SUSPENSION and a pay cut

Why would anyone think YRC or the IBT is being honest with us??
Anyone wanna bet the banks don't get on board and thats why the IBT is asking us to vote on an 18 month SUSPENSION and a pay cut

Depending on how you read it..but I thought the banks had to be in on it also..part of Hoffa's equal sacrifice statement..Wonder what happens if the banks say no???

I have a REAL problem with the length of the wage reductions. I can understand the 18 month pension reduction to get us through a tough economy, but 15% pay cut until April 2013 with No COLA? NO WAY! If thes guys were serious about sacrifice than how about the wage cut ends when the pension deferral ends? The economy WILL turn around and YRCW stock will climb from $1.50 to much higher levels. Corporate will all collect performance bonuses and more stock options while we work for lower wages than the non-union LTLs. Fair is fair. I can't see ANY reason why we need to accept language into the NMFA to reduce " a fair day's pay for a fair day's work". Our union was founded on this concept and our leaders should NEVER have agreed to a 15% wage reduction for 3 and a half years. That is the most important FACT to remember when voting. Your pension contribution does not pay your monthly bills, put food on the table, or pay for gasoline to get to work. When the economy rebounds we WILL see gasoline return to $4.00 a gallon. Read this.
http://www.joc.com/node/411421

UPS Freight "city drivers" earned about $21 per hour prior to the agreement. Under the contract, the city drivers will receive wage increases of about 35 cents per hour in 2008, 70 cents per hour in 2009, 75 cents per hour in 2010, 80 cents per hour in 2011, 85 cents per hour in 2012, and 90 cents per hour in 2013.

Stable Health Care Premium Contributions
Workers will receive health care coverage under the new United Parcel Service Health & Welfare Package Select, the company's self-insured plan with benefits similar, or better than, benefits provided under the previous health care plan, according to the union.

For the life of the contract, workers will contribute a fixed amount monthly to the cost of the health care premiums at $50 for single coverage, $100 for couples coverage, and $150 for family coverage. Retirees who will receive health benefits under the plan will pay $250 per month for individual coverage and $500 per month for couples coverage.
Similarly, UPS Freight employees represented by IBT will be covered by a company-managed pension plan, known as UPS Pension Plan. The benefits are similar to those that were offered under the previous plan, and no contributions from the employees for the plan are required.

NP Driver1

I get your concern about the length of time before wages are re-adjusted but you should not expect that wages and the pension can be adjusted at the same time.

Too big of a cost change for the companies to be able to handle all at once.

Depending on how you read it..but I thought the banks had to be in on it also..part of Hoffa's equal sacrifice statement..Wonder what happens if the banks say no???

July 11th we had a meeting at our local. President of the local (who is also an Eastern Region VP of the IBT) told us that they went with a 14 month deferral because that was a worse case scenerio and if YRC can't make it after that then they never will. He also stated that it would only be agreed to if the banks came on board with 450 million. He also stated that nothin else was up for negotiations!
Now 3 days later after they meet in Chicago they tell us its an 18 month suspension with no money owed back plus a 5% pay cut and reduction in the H&W increase.
That makes me think the banks said take a hike! So the IBT agreed to put the whole thing on our backs!!
Lies, half truths, secrets, and things that are not even finalized!! And they want us to vote on this and approve it!!
Just look how they lied on the first vote. They give us info in our ballots, we vote, then they change what we voted on!!

July 11th we had a meeting at our local. President of the local (who is also an Eastern Region VP of the IBT) told us that they went with a 14 month deferral because that was a worse case scenerio and if YRC can't make it after that then they never will. He also stated that it would only be agreed to if the banks came on board with 450 million. He also stated that nothin else was up for negotiations!
Now 3 days later after they meet in Chicago they tell us its an 18 month suspension with no money owed back plus a 5% pay cut and reduction in the H&W increase.
That makes me think the banks said take a hike! So the IBT agreed to put the whole thing on our backs!!
Lies, half truths, secrets, and things that are not even finalized!! And they want us to vote on this and approve it!!
Just look how they lied on the first vote. They give us info in our ballots, we vote, then they change what we voted on!!

More than likely,the IBT has its freight membership right where they want it.Their battle cry"Vote this down and where ya gonna go,at least you have a job"" of if you vote it down YRC will close..Scare tactics is what they use as all they are concerned is about numbers of membership.I think what pisses me off the most is other teamsters saying $19 plus an hour is still a good wage.I sure would like to see where they live at..

How can UPS freight offer everything we HAD and seem to be doing fine? Its got to be carrying its own weight UPS isn't in it for the practice.

How can UPS freight offer everything we HAD and seem to be doing fine? Its got to be carrying its own weight UPS isn't in it for the practice.

Parcel is carrying the weight..If they didn't have money behind them they also would be in trouble,but parcel is like having a cash machine in the backyard..

For one, UPS isn't run by an egotistical and inept CEO like we have. They didn't go out and borrow a ton of $ to buy any competitors. All you have to do is look at the stock prices over the last 2 years. YRCW tanked while UPS has dipped a small percentage. Guess who's going to benefit with the removal of YRC from the LTL market?