Yellow | Zollars has to go

who did zollars replace?

who did the guy before him replace?

if you're that bitter and in the harrisburg pa. area there are tons of other freight companies that can use your skills (roadway, abf, overnite, fedex freight, new penn, estes, conway).

why not quit and get another gig.

i did it 21 years ago when i was bitter at my old employer (gave up 8 years seniority and hit the bottom here @ YELLOW)

all you got to do is look your boss in the eye and say "friday is my last day" and then finish up today and never look back, they will send all the money owed to you.

we'll really miss you, NOT.

I don't hate the job as a matter of fact I like it allot.What I don't like is what this Guy has done to both Yellow and Roadway since he became CEO.

I don't hate the job as a matter of fact I like it allot.What I don't like is what this Guy has done to both Yellow and Roadway since he became CEO.

They do not care about you and you do not care about them and you like your job. Just do your job, collect your check and get over it.

You will have BS wherever you go driver. Times are changing faster than the clock so just enjoy your job and forget about what "Z" is doing to the companys.:1036316054:

They do not care about you and you do not care about them and you like your job. Just do your job, collect your check and get over it.

You will have BS wherever you go driver. Times are changing faster than the clock so just enjoy your job and forget about what "Z" is doing to the company's.:1036316054:

Thats pretty much it right there. You can't fight city hall as I was told by someone in the system before... :shades:

the difference between a german shepard puppy and a YELLOW freight driver is the puppy quits whining after 8 weeks.

before drug testing, i would suggest taking a 'lude and giving 2 ludes to your primary outlet and have a good 'hatehump' and get all that angry testesterone out of you (also really good therapy for the tapioca receptacle too).

many good people have survived and prospered doing the same job you do, the only difference is you and your attitude.

ps; everytime zollars appears on cnbc the stock goes up, when fred smith of fedex appears it goes down (i have both stocks on my xm stock ticker and have seen this a few times).

I guess Toby, you must just be repeating what you heard on the platform from some disgruntled whiner. Too bad though, you should choose your sources a little bit better. Bill Zollars was asked by the "Wall Street gurus" on the second quarter conference call what his forecast was for the general turn in the economy as a whole. They know he has a good handle on things but a truck driver who lost a bogus grievance thinks otherwise...... hmmmm

Think I'll take my advice from someone else....

Listening to the conference calls gives you alot of GOOD info. If you want to be concerned about something, the latest call made mention of stepping up the "co-habitation" of Yellow and Roadway terminals. I still don't see how they can effectively do that in my area but more to come in the next 2 quarters. There is more on power leasing and the number of COO's has been up'd and so forth at the audio archives section at:

YRC Worldwide Audio Archives

Aside from what he has done concerning our contracts language. I have to credit Zoller for doing other things he has to do to keep his busniss from going bellyup. This is a very unique economy we are in. This is worse than in 92 where their was freight sitting with not enough trucks to haul it. (undercapacity)
With the economic woes worldwide, the amount of trucks needed to haul the existing freight levels is less. You see that all the big freight companies are discarding real estate, consolidating terminals, building onto existing terminals, etc. There is way too much truck and dock space available after a multiyear decrease in freight levels. (over capacity)
Yrcw and most other companies are and have been hunkering down for a long dark time. Cut expenses anywhere, sell barns, adjusting their fleet sizes etc.
If they don't, they won't make it thru this long drawn out economic downturn that started with 911. YRCW only has 300 million in cash reserves. They are cutting costs in part to keep that reserve up to get more rate adjustments/extensions on current debt in the future. We are essentailly, like all other carriers, hunkered down for a long bad time. This is very serious when companies restructure or realign.
We can argue all we want about the new NMFA but "It Is What It Is" by a majority vote. Get over it and accept it for what it is.
The cost cutting is nationwide in about every business here in the States... many whom wont survive. Be somewhat glad that the man running things does have a handle on what needs to be done to remain in business.
I feel bad for those who have been affected by layoffs but this would have happened no matter what the NMFA language is. If the freight isnt there anymore, they have to staff accordingly.
Best wishes to all affected by the layoffs.

trucking industry is flux cause of various economic reasons, we all have to deal with the layoffs and the transfers to improve this or save that, if you can't deal with it and don't have much seniority then you'll see yourself looking for another job if you don't like being below the 10% list and being on call throughout your whole career, i see many peoples frustrations on here and it's sad when what they want and what they get is two different things, i guess that's a good lesson learned, you can't always get what you want -rolling stones-

before drug testing, i would suggest taking a 'lude and giving 2 ludes to your primary outlet and have a good 'hatehump' and get all that angry testesterone out of you (also really good therapy for the tapioca receptacle too).

many good people have survived and prospered doing the same job you do, the only difference is you and your attitude.

Makes me wonder if we need rule 17. No posting of anything a Mod isn't smart enough to decipher!!!:funky:

No interpretations plz!!!