Holland | Zollars speaks/YRC stock down to 2.33 a share today

I dont understand why the stock is so low. I know YRC has its problems, but it seems wall street is punishing the company more than any other trucking co.

because wall street is trying to tell b.z. to go back to running cabs :hysterical:
just an opinion but this pig is going down .....
they cant even afford to go broke ..... :hysterical:
maybe they may ask for a bailout but they better watch and see how well the big 3 are doing now ....
congress is tearin them up

Is there any way to shut up $bill every time he makes a public statement the stock tanks. Where is George Powell Jr.? We need his insight again this new regime don't have any common sense.(Powell brought Yellow back from extinction a couple decades ago)The Fat Lady is waiting in the wings. Good Luck to ALL

April 25, 2006: George E. Powell Jr., who died April 25 at the age of 80, played a prominent role in the growth and development of what today is YRC Worldwide.

George E. Powell Jr. Dies at 80

1924: A.J. Harrell founded Yellow Cab and Transit Co. in Oklahoma City, primarily as a bus and taxi company serving central Oklahoma. The company added intrastate shipping to its services in 1926 and shortened its name to Yellow Transit Co.

1944: Harrell sold the shipping operations to a New York-based investment group headed by New York financier Arlington W. Porter. Yellow changed its name to Yellow Transit Freight Lines, Inc.

1952: George E. Powell, Sr., of Kansas City and an ownership group that included Powell's son, George E. Powell, Jr., and Roy Freuhauf, owner of the Freuhauf Trailer Co., acquired the company. In one year, the Powell family brought the company from near-bankruptcy to profitable growth.

History: 1924 to the Present

April 25, 2006: George E. Powell Jr., who died April 25 at the age of 80, played a prominent role in the growth and development of what today is YRC Worldwide.

George E. Powell Jr. Dies at 80

1924: A.J. Harrell founded Yellow Cab and Transit Co. in Oklahoma City, primarily as a bus and taxi company serving central Oklahoma. The company added intrastate shipping to its services in 1926 and shortened its name to Yellow Transit Co.

1944: Harrell sold the shipping operations to a New York-based investment group headed by New York financier Arlington W. Porter. Yellow changed its name to Yellow Transit Freight Lines, Inc.

1952: George E. Powell, Sr., of Kansas City and an ownership group that included Powell's son, George E. Powell, Jr., and Roy Freuhauf, owner of the Freuhauf Trailer Co., acquired the company. In one year, the Powell family brought the company from near-bankruptcy to profitable growth.

History: 1924 to the Present
Thanx again Benny. I learned something new today. Wish I could transfer this to Yellow/Roadway board ( but am computer illiterate) maybe alot of mesters could understand what this COMPANY(whatever they call themselves now) endured over the decades, with all the negative comments and the nonunion competition it's a wonder we got this far.As I remember George Powell Jr. always said I will go with any contract the other companys agree to, just keep my trucks running. Was'nt a big fan of his son GEO.III.Oh BTW between yourself and K.K. I appreciate all the updates and true info.:1036316054:P.S. Thanx Jeff, These inserts are great. Just a little:butt kiss:to the boss.

I bought $100.000 .bucks worth at $1.50 yesterday,it went to $2.33 today I sold and made $80,000 over night:) whats rong with that?

We are the Bigest trucking company in the world,and the best .we are the best iin the world at what we do.Do you think GM is going to close the doors? Or Ford? Times are a little tuff right now ,but we arent going anyplace.We have a lot more aces in the hole,it will turn around.

I bought $100.000 .bucks worth at $1.50 yesterday,it went to $2.33 today I sold and made $80,000 over night:) whats rong with that?

Nothing at all. I kind of did the same thing. I bought 10.00 worth and I'm waiting for it to go to 3.00. I'll double my money and then I'll be able to retire, right? :hysterical:

I bought 100000 bucks worth at 1.50 a share and sold it the next day at 2.30 a share and made 80,000 over night.I dont think yrcw is a bad envestment! Of corse Im not a stock analist I m just a dumb truck driver.

:biglaugh:
I bought 100000 bucks worth at 1.50 a share and sold it the next day at 2.30 a share and made 80,000 over night.I dont think yrcw is a bad envestment! Of corse Im not a stock analist I m just a dumb truck driver.
You need to get yourself some sleep bro!:Zzzz::biglaugh: