Zone Drivers Making More $

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by Nightwalker, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Member

I was at a union meeting today. We spoke about the Zone drivers and how they have been givin the choice to be union or non union. If they choose non union,their starting pay is over $18.00 an hour, $3.00 more per hour than their union counter parts, which stsrt at $15.05 per hour.

Also, union safety trainers are training these Zone/Satilite drivers in "APP". Ok, I'm confused as to why the "APP" local seems to have no issue with this. We have drivers that are laid off who have not been offered these positions, and why they are hiring from outside the company.

Can anyone offer an explanation for this?

2. renegade313

renegade313 Member

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]..soo one could conclude this is another grievance waiting on a writer..[/FONT]
    :popcorn:

3. accelerator

accelerator Active Member

My suggestion to you terminals who have lost freight in referance to a zone terminal, FILE, FILE, FILE, Under this provision. Even if it does not work in our favor, it will still be on record for a later date and you will be setting a mark for the rest of us to follow.

4. GetPaid

GetPaid Member

The more and more I read about these "Zone Drivers" my head spends faster and faster!!!!! Where is the Union Leadership on this issue (The ones in Washington) and why are they allowing Teamster Brothers to train these individuals or better yet why are the safety guys passing them??? Does the leadership (Teamsters) know that we have Road Drivers laid-off or just working a couple hours a day??? I am not getting this at all!!!!! Can someone please explain this to me; maybe I’m not seeing the big picture.:ranting2:

5. accelerator

accelerator Active Member

I think we are all not seeing the big picture, but something must be filed in order for the ball to get rolling. and all the things you have mentioned must be used to justify a complaint.

6. NiKDiesel

NiKDiesel Member

File a Grievance in Violation of:

Article 44
    Subcontracting

and:

Article 34
    Jurisdictional Disputes

and:

Article 40
    Change of Operations