XPO | Zones???

presto6969

TB Lurker
Credits
im in a zone of only 6 employees. We get real busy for about 3 months out of the year but for about 5 months were pretty slow. I'm wondering if they might shut us down and give us the opportunity to transfer out????

I would guess that if the zone closes you could transfer to the nearest terminal and dovetail with seniority. I am just going off what has happend in the past. Good luck.

past practice may be out the window also unemployment may be a better choice for some of these guys only time will tell this guy is all about the money not making his drivers happy. these are only my thoughts

past practice may be out the window also unemployment may be a better choice for some of these guys only time will tell this guy is all about the money not making his drivers happy. these are only my thoughts
The man said and I quote "we are going to show the drivers more love". Now that is open to interpretation but I think he is going to be good to us.

Your post made me wonder if there is any trucking company anywhere in the United States that puts driver satisfaction with the company over turning a profit. I also wondered if said company did exist, how long would it be before it was in bankruptcy?

Well. What was he gonna say ? Just being objective.
LOL
I've never heard a new company representative or CEO come out with a statement like........

"I'm here to whip these worthless bastards in to shape. They'll either work their ass off or they're gone. There's a new sheriff in town, and if you don't like my new rules hit the :censored: road".

That might not set too well with the employees.
:biglaugh:

Conway policy said Misplaced drivers should be be able to transfer into wherever the freight goes. I think it's end tail onto the seniority board until the next JSP, then you should dovetail.

Now, what's going to be XPO policy? Who knows.

Conway policy said Misplaced drivers should be be able to transfer into wherever the freight goes. I think it's end tail onto the seniority board until the next JSP, then you should dovetail.

Now, what's going to be XPO policy? Who knows.
At every company that I've ever heard stories about, the policy is real close to this......

If you are "forced" to transfer, you dovetail in to where your seniority puts you......immediately.
and
If you "volunteer" to transfer, you go to the bottom of the board.....permanently.

:lmao:
LOL
I've never heard a new company representative or CEO come out with a statement like........

"I'm here to whip these worthless bastards in to shape. They'll either work their ass off or they're gone. There's a new sheriff in town, and if you don't like my new rules hit the :censored: road".

That might not set too well with the employees.
:biglaugh:
:lmao: That would be funny as hell.

If you already transferred into the zone then are shut down I would think that your company seniority not service center seniority follows you to the new service center.?

im in a zone of only 6 employees. We get real busy for about 3 months out of the year but for about 5 months were pretty slow. I'm wondering if they might shut us down and give us the opportunity to transfer out????
I'm a zone as well. only two of us up hear! since the recession we went from two cram filled trailers every night to one! i see two trailers at best 8-10 days out of the month.in his conference call he said"i'm not interested in places that cant turn a profit or barely make a profit" take that for what you will! but i also have already seen freight 6 days in a row of crates go to parker k bailey(home movers) this is the first we ever delivered there.my guess, we have a year to get things turned around! if he doesn't see improvements by then that's when you should be nervous

Ah I'll just transfer to another service center if we shut down. I transferred into this service center and lost 8 years of seniority, so at least I'll get them all back if it happens.