Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By truckintiger

Thread: New Trucks!!!

truckintiger is offline Junior Member

New Trucks!!!

sponsored links
    Just heard we ordered 360 new Volvo VNL 300 I-Shift automatics.. I am looking forward to driving and seeing these new trucks on the road.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

Starkravinloon is offline PediatricCancerResearch
    You guys should be able to afford them, the kid just closed a terminal that had been in the same place for over 25 years... I guess he can buy him a new Mercedes now...
    An American Naturalist-----"A true patriot must always be available to defend his country, against it's government"... Quoted by Jim Garrison during the Clay Bertrand Trial In The Kennedy Assassination
    In 1979,Richard Helms, the Director of Covert Operations in 1963, admitted under oath that Clay Shaw had worked for the CIA.. To this date, Jim Garrison brought the only public prosecution in President Kennedy's killing.. A revolution in this country? Not a chance...

BlackDawg is offline Junior Member
    The XE powertrain package.
    Cruise at 1,150 rpm and save up to 3% fuel.
    A torque-strong Volvo engine perfectly matched to an intelligent I-Shift overdrive transmission – that’s the base of the exceptionally efficient XE package. It’s fully integrated so you can cruise at 65 mph at a mere 1,150 rpm – 200 rpm lower than an average truck – helping you lower fuel costs as much as 3%. Available for Volvo’s 13- and 16-liter engines.

Are you sure about these new tractors, they appear to run VNM's, not VNL's for day cabs unless they have changed. Don't they run 12 liter engines with low horsepower?

truckintiger is offline Junior Member
    Saw one of the newer trucks in Charlotte this week. It was a VNM with the 13L engine and a 12 speed overdrive automatic transmission. Driver said that it would run low rpms at 65mph while outpulling other equipment and he had heard we ordered another 360.

The 2014 will be VNL a change from the 2013.
    Iceman likes this.

Iceman is offline Super Moderator
    Sounds like the truck I'm driving, 2014 13 ltr. 12 speed auto, pulls great.Smart shifts as in skips gears according to load size, like starts in 5th and hits every other gear until top out. 7.4mpg. I can out run a straight shift by 3 truck lengths in the mile, same weight. Only negative is it drops to 52 mph before downshifting but quickly gains speed.
    Phillipians 2:14-15 Do all things without grumbling or questioning, 15 that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.

troubleman84 is offline Senior Member
    sponsored links
    Hope when you get your new truck it stays out of volvo unlike mine new DPF,egr valve, and turbo already

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

LinkBacks (?)