Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BILLYBULLFROG is offline Junior Member

pension and still working

sponsored links
    does anyone KNOW if you can keeping working at same job at age 65 and start drawing your pension was just informed iam of senority list as am age 66 and drawing pension need some help tks
    billy bullbfrog

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

electraglideatl is offline Senior Member
    yes you can......I knew of a driver at yellow that did

excfman is offline Senior Member
    you can at one time i knew of some out 519 that were doing it. some of them were in there 70s drawing there SS penison and doing six trip a week.

R-14Driver is offline Senior Member
    I personal know a person who was running full time getting his social security and pension " central states " . He was making a ton of money and paying a ton of taxes but you couldn't stop him from running 3 trips ( layovers ) a week !

jellybean is offline Member
    I'm not positive, but I don't think you can continue to work full-time while holding seniority and collect your pension until you reach 70 yrs old. If you start collecting your social security you are limited to how much you can make per year. That's predicated on your age, 62 to full retirement age. Once you reach 70 you have no limitations. You can collect your pension and full social security with no stipulations.

mnmover is offline Junior Member
    They took off the dollar limitations while collecting social security after age 65. You can make as much as you want.

Double Barrel is offline Senior Member
    I would have you check with your pension plan and if you can, go for it. Think of this way,get your nose in the pension trough before it all gone.

jellybean is offline Member
    Good to know. Thanks for the info.

ABFer is offline Moderator
    Article 5 Section 1(a) Seniority shall be broken only by discharge, voluntary quit, retirement or more than five (5)-year layoff. Looks like it is open to argument there.

Philadelphia Area Supplement Article 45 Section 2(a) Seniority shall be terminated only by: ...6) Receipt of first check from pension fund for normal or early retirement. This clause does not apply to disability retirement.

You may not work more than 64 hours per month and collect a pension check without penalty in the Phila. Area Pension Fund.

BILLYBULLFROG is offline Junior Member
    sponsored links
    TKS NOW LETS SEE WHAT THIS MEANS art 53 sec5 acceptance of trust (western supplement) says each employer and each local accepts and agrees to be bound by the RULES and REGULATIONS by the provisions of the WESTERN CONFERENCE OF THE TEAMSER PENSION TRUST FUND """"to quote the fund memeo from reporting requirements eff jan 1 ,2001 STATES
    [the trustees made a important change in the plans suspenion of benefits rules for retirees over age 65 begining jan 1 2001 you can work as much as you want in any kind of job and still receive your monthy benefit ][

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast