Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: ABF Raises Rates 5.9%

Homesick is offline Senior Member
    sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennesaw Kid View Post
    Yes Sir I have....40 years just this past 6/7/2013.

And I AGREE on your statement... "I would suggest any YRC employee be respectful of a pretty clear conflict of interest you have if this contract is voted down."

We at YRC do have allot riding on a NO vote at ABF. As I said before, when y'all give in to the POS that was negotiated, we, the YRCW Teamsters will have the ABF waived in our faces in march 2015. As i have said before, ABF and YRC are apples and oranges....one is about survival and the other corporate greed. You have not seen YRC build any new terminals or make additions to any during our voted on MOU, now have you?

It has been nothing but staying afloat and treading water for us....unlike what others may have posted on here, they have posted a profit for the last 2Qs, first in 6 years.

I do have an interest in seeing that we get ALL of our 15% back, not just 8% because ABF is at 7% below the NMFA rates. I DO NOT want 4-6% of our road freight handled by shiny-wheels while I sit at home with no income. I DO NOT want our road bids cut from 75% of the run to 60%, just because that's what ABF has in their contract.

So, YES I do have a conflict of interests.....its called ALL of us should be in this together for the future, of our working conditions will just be something in history that you can sit in your rocker and tell your grand-children as they ask why their daddy has to work 3 times as hard to make ends meet, when YOU did not have to and did nothing to stop it!.....KK
    K.K. I agree. YRC is just trying to make ends meet while ABF is just greedy. I am stuck in a motel so I am doing that which I love; I am researching public companies. According to yahoo finance (key stats) ABFS has a little less than $105 million in cash, a book value of $17.46 and is trading over $20.00 a share. They do have a large number of shares in Float but with the stock price being above book value that is normal. Management at ABFS is just greedy. They are increasing the freight rate, even with the discount to contract customers; this will increase revenue while trying to decrease employee pay and benefits. While giving stock (about $60,000 each) to Judy and Roy.
    Kennesaw Kid likes this.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

ABFer is online now Moderator
    Yes Sir I have....40 years just this past 6/7/2013.

And I AGREE on your statement... "I would suggest any YRC employee be respectful of a pretty clear conflict of interest you have if this contract is voted down."

We at YRC do have allot riding on a NO vote at ABF. As I said before, when y'all give in to the POS that was negotiated, we, the YRCW Teamsters will have the ABF waived in our faces in march 2015. As i have said before, ABF and YRC are apples and oranges....one is about survival and the other corporate greed. You have not seen YRC build any new terminals or make additions to any during our voted on MOU, now have you?

It has been nothing but staying afloat and treading water for us....unlike what others may have posted on here, they have posted a profit for the last 2Qs, first in 6 years.

I do have an interest in seeing that we get ALL of our 15% back, not just 8% because ABF is at 7% below the NMFA rates. I DO NOT want 4-6% of our road freight handled by shiny-wheels while I sit at home with no income. I DO NOT want our road bids cut from 75% of the run to 60%, just because that's what ABF has in their contract.

So, YES I do have a conflict of interests.....its called ALL of us should be in this together for the future, of our working conditions will just be something in history that you can sit in your rocker and tell your grand-children as they ask why their daddy has to work 3 times as hard to make ends meet, when YOU did not have to and did nothing to stop it!.....KK
    I hear what ya say KK but I find it ironic that you want us to hold the line when you guys left go of yours.
    GO40, crazy, grovercxl and 2 others like this.

yrc-atm is online now another day another $0.85
    Quote Originally Posted by ABFer View Post
    I hear what ya say KK but I find it ironic that you want us to hold the line when you guys left go of yours.
    He was a big proponent of the three givebacks. And he thinks for some reason that our givebacks will be coming back. Of course he also believes that yrcw is profitable
    GO40 and fiveandfour like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yrc-atm View Post
    He was a big proponent of the three givebacks. And he thinks for some reason that our givebacks will be coming back. Of course he also believes that yrcw is profitable
    Wage Increases.
    This Restructuring Plan provides for hourly rate increases and equivalent mileage rate increase of
    $0.40 per hour on April 1, 2011,
    $0.45 per hour on April 1, 2012,
    $0.40 per hour on April 1, 2013 and
    $0.40 per hour on April 1,2014.

-15% but wtf

Quote Originally Posted by 100 miles drom home View Post
    Wage Increases.
    This Restructuring Plan provides for hourly rate increases and equivalent mileage rate increase of
    $0.40 per hour on April 1, 2011,
    $0.45 per hour on April 1, 2012,
    $0.40 per hour on April 1, 2013 and
    $0.40 per hour on April 1,2014.

-15% but wtf
    All minus 15% so we DONT get the money back. but what do you care you voted yes and then ran off.

All minus 15% so we DONT get the money back. but what do you care you voted yes and then ran off.
    I don't care. You got to know when to run. It's how we the rich get to keep our money

Quote Originally Posted by 100 miles drom home View Post
    I don't care. You got to know when to run. It's how we the rich get to keep our money
    Spineless coward. But at least you admit you are.

Spineless coward. But at least you admit you are.
    Okay so I took the money and ran. Now on the other hand you are a stand up guy who voted to close your own personal ATM down. More like stand up comedy to me. You weren't alone. It is truly astonishing that so many of my teamster brothers are so financially illiterate that they saw YRC as a viable business and voted to shut em down. I mean a company that was losing billions and carrying a billion + in debt should not be here today. No way they should even be here. We live in a capitalist system.

There is an argument that ABF should not have concessions other then the fact that they don't like having the high cost labor force they have. Like I often repeated. If they ain't making enough money no one is

Kennesaw Kid is offline Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ABFer View Post
    Sighhh...I hate repeating myself....ABF & YRC is apples and oranges....one is about corporate greed, the other survival. YRC would not be open today if the concessions were not made....I KNOW THAT FOR FACT.....ABF voted no the last time and kept moving forward....now some skirt, instead of a suit comes after ya'll and some of you are running and hiding to vote yes? I hope not.

I will say it again....IF ABF VOTES YES FOR THIS CONTRACT, IN MARCH 2015, YRC WILL BE WAIVING YOUR CONTRACT IN OUR FACES AND PUSH FOR IT....YES, WE WOULD GET 8% BACK, BUT ABF AND YRCW WILL ALWAYS BE 7% BEHIND WHAT THE NMFA RATES SHOULD BE....WE WILL FOREVER BE BEHIND THE EIGHT BALL!

I AM LOOKING 2 to 5 YEARS DOWN THE ROAD WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ALL OF US....kk

nothumbleenough is offline Senior Member
    sponsored links
    Sighhh...I hate repeating myself....ABF & YRC is apples and oranges....one is about corporate greed, the other survival. YRC would not be open today if the concessions were not made....I KNOW THAT FOR FACT.....ABF voted no the last time and kept moving forward....now some skirt, instead of a suit comes after ya'll and some of you are running and hiding to vote yes? I hope not.

I will say it again....IF ABF VOTES YES FOR THIS CONTRACT, IN MARCH 2015, YRC WILL BE WAIVING YOUR CONTRACT IN OUR FACES AND PUSH FOR IT....YES, WE WOULD GET 8% BACK, BUT ABF AND YRCW WILL ALWAYS BE 7% BEHIND WHAT THE NMFA RATES SHOULD BE....WE WILL FOREVER BE BEHIND THE EIGHT BALL!

I AM LOOKING 2 to 5 YEARS DOWN THE ROAD WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ALL OF US....kk

KK, you should hope and pray that in two years your contract is the same as what ABF is voting on. The market is saying with certainty that there is no way it will be better.
    fiveandfour and ABFer like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast