Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree246Likes

Thread: ABF Strike Vote!

Freightmaster1 is online now Premium Member

Exclamation ABF Strike Vote!

sponsored links
    https://tdu.org/news/ibt-take-strike...ation-vote-abf

Why are skabs pulling these loads from Michigan to Chicago? WTF?!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

drumhead is offline Member
    Wow if that's not a kick in the groin. Great representation.

capnkirk is offline Member
    Sept. 25th, 2013-

As of Wednesday the 25th of September 2013 the ongoing “open supplements” of which only two remain, hopefully will be resolved soon one way or the other. The Office Supplement in the Western Region of which there are approximately 67 clerical employees should come to resolution within a week or so. There will be an attempt to vote those employees within the next ten days. There are approximately eleven locals involved that have office clerical within their ranks.

As for the only other Supplement that is out there that is still unresolved the Central Region Local Cartage, which is a different story! ABF has notified TINFINC that they have reached the point that they are at their “last best and final offer” with regards to that Supplement. Therefore there will be no further negotiations with regards to that Supplement.

The IBT will be sending out a strike authorization ballot probably within the next two weeks or so ONLY TO THOSE MEMBERS (APPROXIMATELY 1800) WHO ARE A PARTY TO THE CENTRAL REGION LOCAL CARTAGE SUPPLEMENT. This will not be voted on by anyone who is not from that Supplement. There seems to be some misinformation out there that this will be voted on by everyone and that is false information! Once again the strike authorization will be determined solely by those members working under the Central Region Local Cartage Supplement. There are approximately 87 terminals involved including South Chicago, Dayton and Kansas City.

Click Here to read Article 12 Section 2 of the IBT Constitution, which governs this scenario.
    albag likes this.

capnkirk is offline Member
    Well I guess this is what you were all hoping for. STRIKE VOTE. Stand strong just like Hostess did!!!!!
    albag and dagoodine like this.

Rollin62 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by capnkirk View Post
    Well I guess this is what you were all hoping for. STRIKE VOTE. Stand strong just like Hostess did!!!!!
    Like I said, route around these extremists if they don't want a job. Plenty of contractors in place for the work. If they authorize a strike, and put their family's at risk, I'll laugh my ass off because it will not turn in their favor.

GO40 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollin62 View Post
    Like I said, route around these extremists if they don't want a job. Plenty of contractors in place for the work. If they authorize a strike, and put their family's at risk, I'll laugh my ass off because it will not turn in their favor.
    How do you respond to this nut .... Why is he still here... Please retun him to the Conway board....
    crazy, Walleye, roadboss and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GO40 View Post
    How do you respond to this nut .... Why is he still here... Please retun him to the Conway board....
    Listen, these guys are not only putting the yes voters at risk but retirees and their own families. Abf is the last full pension contributor. Sure it's their right to strike if they want to but the chips will fall against all of us. Their so many non carriers out their to absorb this small ass company anyway. Get real and pull your head out of the sand.

Listen, these guys are not only putting the yes voters at risk but retirees and their own families. Abf is the last full pension contributor. Sure it's their right to strike if they want to but the chips will fall against all of us. Their so many non carriers out their to absorb this small ass company anyway. Get real and pull your head out of the sand.
    Head is not in the sand, I'm not in central states but I support my brothers... Abf got greedy with this contact just like they did with the last giveback. They asked for 15%, if they asked for 10% it would have flew , but once again greed got the best of them.....
    dagoodine and papajohn like this.

Greed? We're getting it all back. Sounds like central is being greedy not everyone else

sponsored links
    Greed? We're getting it all back. Sounds like central is being greedy not everyone else
    Forget it....

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-28-2013, 08:01 PM
  2. 09-27-2013, 02:40 AM
  3. 09-26-2013, 04:47 PM