Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Truckingboards Increased Speed, feedback needed...

  1. #1
    Jeff's Avatar
    Jeff is offline professional cat herder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10,255

    Truckingboards Increased Speed, feedback needed...

    sponsored links
    I have implemented a new system here and if I can afford it, I am going to use it...

    Here's how it works, Truckingboards uses one server to deliver all it's content, a very nice one that is quite pricey but needed, this server sits at a server farm in Texas, so people in Seattle may not get the speed that people in Texas do, .... well I have found a solution to optimize and speed the pages up for everyone... Why not have servers all over the country and why not make the user connect to the server closest to his city... Maybe even in his own city...

    Truckingboards is using this technology right now and as I said earlier it will be determined if I can afford it...

    Look at the Youtube below and see how it works plus I need your feedback, does this work better for you or can you not tell any difference?

    My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views of my employer. 24/7/365 Fax 206-309-7406

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
    sponsored links
     
  3. #2
    double r's Avatar
    double r is offline FOODSERVICEMONKEY/IBT 397
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    772
    This past week I have been using my laptop, connect via wi-fi, to access truckingboards and noticed a big difference(faster) today then the last few days. Will be home tommorrow and will check it with my desktop, got brodband on that.
    Jeff likes this.

  4. #3
    Jeff's Avatar
    Jeff is offline professional cat herder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10,255
    thanks double r
    My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views of my employer. 24/7/365 Fax 206-309-7406

  5. #4
    mudman1's Avatar
    mudman1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I have implemented a new system here and if I can afford it, I am going to use it...

    Here's how it works, Truckingboards uses one server to deliver all it's content, a very nice one that is quite pricey but needed, this server sits at a server farm in Texas, so people in Seattle may not get the speed that people in Texas do, .... well I have found a solution to optimize and speed the pages up for everyone... Why not have servers all over the country and why not make the user connect to the server closest to his city... Maybe even in his own city...

    Truckingboards is using this technology right now and as I said earlier it will be determined if I can afford it...

    Look at the Youtube below and see how it works plus I need your feedback, does this work better for you or can you not tell any difference?

    cool jeff . that would be good
    Jeff likes this.

  6. #5
    Stimpy's Avatar
    Stimpy is offline Wingnut
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,175
    I just got my computer out of the shop.... everything is faster. But it does load instantly.... I have Verizon DSL.
    Jeff likes this.

  7. #6
    Jeff's Avatar
    Jeff is offline professional cat herder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10,255
    I have done a bunch more tweaking, anybody want to give me some feedback?
    My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views of my employer. 24/7/365 Fax 206-309-7406

  8. #7
    Dockworker's Avatar
    Dockworker is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,480
    It's really quick for me. I have no lagging issues whatsoever.
    Whatever you've done is working to benefit this community.
    Pick Your Poison!!

    DOOR #1
    DOOR #2
    DOOR #3

  9. #8
    Jeff's Avatar
    Jeff is offline professional cat herder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockworker View Post
    It's really quick for me. I have no lagging issues whatsoever.
    Whatever you've done is working to benefit this community.
    I have shaved 2 seconds off the load time, and that makes me happy

    My home internet is so fast, it's hard for me to tell really.
    Dockworker likes this.
    My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views of my employer. 24/7/365 Fax 206-309-7406

  10. #9
    Dockworker's Avatar
    Dockworker is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I have shaved 2 seconds off the load time, and that makes me happy

    My home internet is so fast, it's hard for me to tell really.
    2 Seconds is huge in regards to load times. Nice Job!
    I have a fast internet also and crave more speed!
    Pick Your Poison!!

    DOOR #1
    DOOR #2
    DOOR #3

  11. #10
    grocerythrower's Avatar
    grocerythrower is online now Tool is my favorite band.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14,983
    sponsored links
    I use a sprint air card or whatever you call it, its 3g don't have 4g in my area yet, I hate it because vids are slow but I have noticed the boards are faster, I thought it was because I moved my laptop, now I know the real story, so thank you, it is very much appreciated!
    Jeff likes this.
    I ain't got no panties on


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 PM.
Powered by vBulletin™
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Image resizer by SevenSkins
Advertising positioning by Digital Point
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com