Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Forum For construction drivers

Traveler is offline Traveler from the East

New Forum For construction drivers

sponsored links
    I was wondering if you could start a forum for construction drivers both union and non-union. I used to be a very active member here on the boards but since I changed jobs from freight to construction I don't see much that interests me. I like the TruckingBoards and would like to be more active without feeling like I am sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong. I would like to have conversations with people that have something in common with me. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy reading and posting to the freight boards but I feel that since I've been out of freight for almost four years now that I am out of touch. Thanks for your consideration and I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Traveler

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

Jeff is offline professional cat herder
    Post topics in the Watering Hole and if they draw interest I will be glad to add a forum
    My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views of my employer.

Will do Jeff Thanks,Traveler

Cerberus_Kelpie is offline Thank the GODS 4 sumthing
    Greetings Traveler,

Are not thy relocation of Construction materials a, by definition of Freight (@ #1), identical matter?
    How then can thou be of differing form and structure?
    Thou art still a Freight hauler and as such cannot be otherwise.

WE hope for thee that thy interest bears interest and therein unfolding joy and glee and fruitful information!!

CHEERS!!

grocerythrower is offline Danny Carey
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus_Kelpie View Post
    Greetings Traveler,

Are not thy relocation of Construction materials a, by definition of Freight (@ #1), identical matter?
    How then can thou be of differing form and structure?
    Thou art still a Freight hauler and as such cannot be otherwise.

WE hope for thee that thy interest bears interest and therein unfolding joy and glee and fruitful information!!

CHEERS!!
    Thats an interesting take CK, I believe the construction driver types consider their hauls material or machinery, not freight, I see what your saying though Cobber!!
    I ain't got no panties on

To be precise As a Heavy construction driver I may be called upon, depending on the job, to driver any of a number of vehicles from water trucks to striping trucks to end dumps to off roads to heavy haulers etc. Keeping this in mind this job has more to do do with the precise delivery and placement of the materials than the actual hauling. I just came off a job that I was at for 18 mos. where I never got the trucks over 7mph and hauled extreme oversize into very tight spaces in under and around two 300 ft. tall boilers. While I can apreciate that one would think that it is still freight the working conditions and environment is much different. The similarities with freight end as soon as the materials get to the yard get inventoried and off loaded to the laydown yards. I hope this clarified things for you Cerberus.

grocerythrower is offline Danny Carey
    Sounds interesting Traveler, I'm looking I have thought about construction, I just don't want to be in a motel for 6 months on a job.
    Stan Smith likes this.
    I ain't got no panties on

Cerberus_Kelpie is offline Thank the GODS 4 sumthing

Thumbs up

Traveler, 10-2, 10-4, 10-7 or 10-10. THANK YOU!!
    ----
    WHY GT, since you're single, what's the problem? You could well have lovers all over, just don't shack up.
    I've NEVER known of or met anyone who was away from home in the U.S.A. at a job site that long.
    Most I heard, MAYBE 2 months, maybe and that was a CHOICE, not mandatory.
    Your home LIFE doesn't end just because you're working a out of town construction gig and not every construction company has People staying in Hotels/Motels, as some companies have Houses, Apartments, etc.

Out of country, well, it speaks for itself.
    ----
    CHEERS!!
    Last edited by Cerberus_Kelpie; 01-12-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: stuff mucked up

Well I aggree with CK, just because you are out on a job working doesn't mean your home life ends. It can however put a strain on things just as being a long houl driver or freight driver can. Most of the work in my area doesn't require me to stay out more that two or three nights at a time. However there are drivers who,due to their location to the work site , will rent apartments in the nearest town and stay for a week or two at time and then go home on the weekends. We don't usually have to go out and stay out like some of the other trades such as boilermakers, Ironworkeers, electricians and pipefitters. Some of the tradesmen and women from those crafts travel all over the globe. The last job I was on we had people from all corners of the United States and Canada, and management personel from all over the world working there. Many of whom left to go to other places abroad as soon as their particular part of the work was completed. I don't think that I could do that. just pick up and go to Australiaor SouthAmerica for two years. BUt I'm married and have children. It would be great if I where single and had no children, as usually the pay for traveling is great.
    grocerythrower and Stan Smith like this.

Stan Smith is offline Super Moderator
    sponsored links
    I always tell guys from my own experiences that yeah money may be great or this n that. At some point you gotta ask yourself: is this really living or just merely existing?
    grocerythrower likes this.
    Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast