Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Are Averitt Ltl average drives making 65,000 a year?

whitelinegazer is offline Junior Member

Are Averitt Ltl average drives making 65,000 a year?

sponsored links
    I would like to drive ltl for Averitt someday. What is the average yearly pay for Averitt ltl drivers?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

First you would have to wait for a shuttle driver to die then after his job is handed down to all his kin you might have a shot at LTL shuttle...

Iceman is offline Super Moderator
    True on hard to land a Shuttle position, but yes that is a good average pay for a Shuttle driver. You would hire on as Truckload or possibly Combo.
    Phillipians 2:14-15 Do all things without grumbling or questioning, 15 that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.

ltl lifer is offline Sr. Citizen & Gold Member
    99% chance that you will NEVER become a Shuttle driver at Averitt. Combo or Truckload? Maybe.
    Our dear leaders experienced how much money they could save with the use the Combo Driver, suggested of course by some ex-Conway pencil pusher. So any idea of EVER becoming a Shuttle driver with this outfit are slim to none.

The reason COmbo wasn't thrown on the s**t heap of bad ideas years ago is because many people just let this screwing in pay hit them with no resistance whatsoever and the idea just made the shirts in corp. smile from ear to ear.

jeepman is offline Truckload Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by whitelinegazer View Post
    I would like to drive ltl for Averitt someday. What is the average yearly pay for Averitt ltl drivers?
    Are you remotely happy doing what you are doing now? Hiring on to shuttle, is about the same as being taken bodily into Heaven! Unless you are kin to a shirt, or someone dies! If you happen to get hired on into a shuttle position, you 1st must be able to take a road test to ensure you can drive with your nose stuck high up the air, then you must be able to show a condesending attitude towards all other T/L and P&D drivers at ALL times!

whitelinegazer is offline Junior Member
    My job stinks know im a collection agent for Toyota and let me tell ya it gets boring getting blamed for other people responsibilty of not paying their car note each week. I can drive fine does Averitt shuttle use auto or manual trucks?

1tt1 is offline Senior Member
    You're not going to get a shuttle job whitelinegazer. You can hire on to truck load and perhaps move to a combo position later. Almost all truck load trucks are auto shift...

Quote Originally Posted by 1tt1 View Post
    You're not going to get a shuttle job whitelinegazer. You can hire on to truck load and perhaps move to a combo position later. Almost all truck load trucks are auto shift...
    WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD HE/SHE HIRE ON IN TRUCKLOAD TO EXPECT TO EARN THAT KIND OF MONEY, OR EVEN IN THE SLIMMEST OF HOPES OF GETTING INTO A SHUTTLE POSITION, ONLY TO GET DISCOURAGED AND QUIT. Saw a memo at NAS offering a Single Sleeper Shuttle position to ANY COMBO or SHUTTLE DRIVER....NOTHING SAID ABOUT T/L or DEDICATED FOLKS....ONE big happy family,,,YEAH RIGHT!

Tarheelfalcon is offline Member
    This company never has,does not now and never will work as a team.65000 a year not likely unless you have a great bid run,not many of them.Jeepman don't hate all shuttle drivers,Truck Load has some *********s too.

sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheelfalcon View Post
    This company never has,does not now and never will work as a team.65000 a year not likely unless you have a great bid run,not many of them.Jeepman don't hate all shuttle drivers,Truck Load has some *********s too.
    More than some.......I don't hate on ALL Shuttle Drivers......I save plenty of venom for P&D,Dedicated,Flatbed and yes my fellow Truckload Drivers. I'm sure that MANY of my fellow Avrt workers think I'm a complete ARSE!...I lose plenty of sleep about that.....NOT!
    BTW Any posts I make about the "SAINTED" LTL Shuttle Drivers are from personal observations and are NOT intended to be construed as "HATING ON THEM".
    Last edited by jeepman; 03-17-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast