Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: complaint filed

hound dog is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up complaint filed

sponsored links
    i was at a stop today talking to a chris driver.he was telling me everyone was getting tired of no repairs being made on tractor and trailers writing up and telling bosses repairs need to be done and they never fix anything etc being forced to work over dot hours never being given paperwork when hauling hazmat so they contacted dot and gave them the info dates when this happened dot is now conducting a invesigation on vitran
    Last edited by hound dog; 11-01-2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: left out word

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

speedracer21 is offline Senior Member
    It is about time here in hou i have told our tm raymond m. That a trailer has a leaking air chamber.i even left him a note to remind him.when i returned at night to do my run nothing was fixed.one time raymond tried to load a barrel of hazmat on ed from kansas with out giving him the proper paper work. told him when you get to dallas they will have the paperwork for you there.This was kept hush hush.you write up stuff thats needs repair they never fix it.seen drivers loaded with 45000 lbs with hazmat on their trailers that is our great night time dispatcher david.if you refuse to haul the trailer they will write you up and threaten to fire you.you tell raymond about things that needs repair he just ignores it.you are left with no alternative but to file a complaint with dot and give them the dates when this stuff has gone down.watch out lamar will be on here to accuse SOMEONE of being a teamster union organiser if we do not agree with his bull let dot invesigate truck safe
    Last edited by speedracer21; 11-02-2010 at 01:43 AM.

slinky is offline Senior Member
    i cant lie. none of that goes on at my terminal. heck my truck even gets fixed when i write it up !

VIJAX RACER is offline Senior Member
    If the manager does not listen, why not go over head to Safety, In touch, or any other corporate person. If repairs that are written up not completed in a reasonable amount of time, I start the process...usually things get done

vijax is offline Senior Member
    if you go over our t.m. head, he makes it hell on you by starting you late, taking your regular run away, and putting you in a worst piece of junk than what you had. vitran knows this stuff is going on, thats how they run this company. we have 15 trailers down just due to no inspection at our terminal and at least 1/3 of our tractors down broken. the mechanic has been out sick for 3 months and when they hired a new one he quit in 2 weeks, lol he said this was the worst and most screwed up place he had ever worked for. a d.o.t. investigation might help some terminals get things turned around in the right direction. there is no reason for the equipment to be in this kind of condition. let hope it gets better for everyone.
    Last edited by vijax; 11-02-2010 at 04:30 PM.

speedracer21 is offline Senior Member
    you have one year on hazmat violations and i think you only have 30 days on other dot violations you need the dates when this went down when dot looks into this bull about no repairs being done then company can get a good fine then they will start fixing things hit them in the pocket book where it hurts
    Last edited by speedracer21; 11-03-2010 at 01:17 AM.

VIJAX RACER is offline Senior Member
    You do not have to give your name!
    What terminal are you from-that has 15 trailers out of inspection?

vijax is offline Senior Member
    one of the small eastcoast terminals. our mechanic has been out for months

simple723 is offline Senior Member
    This has been going for quite some time, at some terminals they try to replace broken parts with used parts from wrecked vehicles. Then of course your vehicle will get junk and they will try to use them parts again.

simple723 is offline Senior Member
    sponsored links
    I also have had Mechanics come up to me and try to tell me that there is nothing wrong with my truck and that I need to stop writing it up. I keep writing it up until finally I have to be towed in for that specific repair. I don't Know what is going on but no more bonus check should be cut until everything and fixed. And VIJAX is right they will figure out a way to either take away your run, make it shorter or leave later. I put a lot of the blame on these so called Mechanics who call themselves fixing a problem and never attempting to test the vehicle out before releasing it to a driver.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast