Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: fed ex buying vitran?

had enough is offline Senior Member

fed ex buying vitran?

sponsored links
    after battling with UPS to purchase TNT, maybe we're a prime candidate for fedex to buy us. everything we're doing is a copycat and would be an easy deal for them. it would probably be a plus for the employees.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

Not_wanted is offline Senior Member
    I said it before, and I will say it again, Fed Ex does not buy losing companies if you look at what they have done. AF had some money issues, but their equipment was also able to be consolidated into the FE fleet, we have to many money issues and 50% of trucks and 90% of trailers are a joke. If you read the financials, FE makes money every quarter, so instead of reinventing the wheel, copycat what worked for them (we have enough former FE people here to know everything about them)

i mean once, and if, they turn this around and show signs of life.

Then sure, Vitran would give them a good base to expand into Canada. The way money is anymore, you pretty much have to buy someone out to expand, between the price of land/buildings and the logistics of regulations ect. you can pay a much higher price for something and still recoup that money anymore

vijax is offline Senior Member
    my t.m. said vitran canada is giving c. keylon a year from monday to turn the u.s. side of the ltl around. if he doesnt, vitran is going to sell off the u.s. ltl assets which is only 22 company owned terminals and some equipment.

fudgie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vijax View Post
    my t.m. said vitran canada is giving c. keylon a year from monday to turn the u.s. side of the ltl around. if he doesnt, vitran is going to sell off the u.s. ltl assets which is only 22 company owned terminals and some equipment.
    that sounds like the PJAX side of it we had 20 some terminals when Vitran bought us.

I never heard a timeline for CK before, but always figured there was one. You don't hire someone to clean up your company without a timeline, fail and fired, complete and get a bonus

if this is true, i would'nt expect a raise anytime soon. if so, they will take it back somehow in 2013 with insurance increase or charging us with uniform cleaning. tweaking the o.t. would'nt be out of the question. i don't think they would eliminate it, just bump it to 50 so hardly anyone could get it. especially with their new way of operating things.

Quote Originally Posted by fudgie View Post
    that sounds like the PJAX side of it we had 20 some terminals when Vitran bought us.
    Notice the term "company owned terminals" Do we own all our current terminals, or are some leased/rented? There is what, 30 to 40 listed on Vitran's website? I honestly do not know about the latest round of trucks, but them recent Stoughton trailers show being owned by a leasing company from Canada (which might be a shell company of Vitran, do not know) I know of half a dozen terminals within 300 miles of me that were open before buyouts under different names, then closed and things consolidated, but only one I know we still own, I have never seen others, it was just a history lesson from other drivers

sharpshooter is offline Senior Member
    sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by Not_wanted View Post
    Then sure, Vitran would give them a good base to expand into Canada. The way money is anymore, you pretty much have to buy someone out to expand, between the price of land/buildings and the logistics of regulations ect. you can pay a much higher price for something and still recoup that money anymore
    Fedex already bought Watkins (Fedex National) for Canada years ago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast