Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

LuckySevens is offline Member

Smile What does SME stand for?

sponsored links
    I know I've asked 4 or 5 times and have been told... but when asked, "What does SME stand for?" I forget!
    Just for fun, I've answered:
    • Southern Methodist Expert, Sexual Methods Educator, Severance Management Expert, Severe Migraine Enthusiast, Safety Management Egotist, Sadly Mangling Everything...

Seriously... can someone tell me again.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

LuckySevens is offline Member
    Why does it show I only have 2 posts and I've been a member for years with countless posts? Aw... who cares, anyway...

Jack Knife is offline Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckySevens View Post
    Why does it show I only have 2 posts and I've been a member for years with countless posts? Aw... who cares, anyway...
    the site was redone a wile back and everybody got reset to zero

catfish is offline Member
    if you are not joking, I'll tell you.

Merdock is offline Kool-aid-aholic
    SME stands for subject matter expert
    just as written, a person trained to be an expert in training and education of any subject.
    SS SME would be a SafeStack Subject Matter Expert. And what makes the current program of training with the SS SME's unique is that this is the first program of education within the company that involves "peer-to-peer" presentation. If you are looking for something optimistic in the company's business model this should get some attention. DSR's and full time dock workers were selected to be SME's.
    and... just a little more sunshine... stacking freight is permissible, decking freight is preferred. Back to the basic common sense approach to loading trailers

zzzzz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdock View Post
    SME stands for subject matter expert
    just as written, a person trained to be an expert in training and education of any subject.
    SS SME would be a SafeStack Subject Matter Expert. And what makes the current program of training with the SS SME's unique is that this is the first program of education within the company that involves "peer-to-peer" presentation. If you are looking for something optimistic in the company's business model this should get some attention. DSR's and full time dock workers were selected to be SME's.
    and... just a little more sunshine... stacking freight is permissible, decking freight is preferred. Back to the basic common sense approach to loading trailers
    What about the ICE program? I thought that was "peer to peer". just a flash in the pan

tcamp117 is offline Junior Member
    All fun aside this job is all about common sense, WORST for using dunnage and loadbars those Gary boys up in Tomah,Wi. all cause they want to get out before the next guy!!!!!!!!<Those guys do not work as a team from one terminal, yet alone as company drivers, and of course the supervisors there don't help-out the problem any, by having their favorites, THAT'S A BUNCH OF BULL!

companyclown is offline Nosey Mother Trucker
    sponsored links
    all cause they want to get out before the next guy!!!!!!!!<

That could apply to many many sic's trying to race out.......just ask an xco dsr about a trlr on its side going out the gate too fast. (just recent) Improperly loaded or not....still too fast. Anything to skin a fellow trucker back.