Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60/70 hour rule

Dodge Ram is offline Senior Member

60/70 hour rule

sponsored links
    Can a company split the amount of drivers that run a 60 hour week and others run a 70 hour week? I other words where I work Con-Way out west and in the south run 70 hours in 8 days. With the restart they actually work 70 hours in 5 days. In the area east of the Mississippi we run a 60 hour in 7 day, which is actually in 5 days. Being one whole company don\'t Con-Way have to follow either the 60 or 70 hour rule? Or can they do both? To me and a lot of our other drivers I know, 60 hours in 5 days is plenty and 70 hours in 5 days is just too much to ask. Thank you, I am looking forward to recieving your reply,
    You’ll find the answer to your question in the following FMCSA guidance - Question #1 for §395.3 Maximum Driving and On-duty Time.

Question 1: May a motor carrier switch from a 60-hour/7-day limit to a 70-hour/8-day limit or vice versa?

Guidance: Yes. The only restriction regarding the use of the 70- hour/8-day rule is that the motor carrier must have CMVs operating every day of the week. The 70-hour/8-day rule is a permissive provision in that a motor carrier with vehicles operating every day of the week is not required to use the 70-hour/8-day rules for calculating its drivers' hours of service. The motor carrier may, however, assign some or all of its drivers to operate under the 70-hour/8-day rule if it so chooses.

The assignment of individual drivers to the 60-hour/7- day or the 70-hour/8-day time rule is left to the discretion of the motor carrier.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

Aggressor is offline Senior Member

60/70 hour rule

What kind of logbook do southern & western use?

I know central uses a noon to noon, I was wondering if they used a midnight to midnight ( & that could possibly show more days working).

thestrap is offline Senior Member

60/70 hour rule

Western uses a noon to noon log.

shadowboxer is offline Junior Member

60/70 hour rule

here's the law. for A company to use a 70hr/8 day log they must run on sundays. that is why con-way by law should only use a 60hr. /7 day log. get on the federal motorcarrier web site etc... and look it up. it doesn't matter if its noon 2 noon or midnight 2 midnight log there are still only 24 hrs. in a day. if the company has drivers that work 7 days a week then yes they can use a 70/8 log. currently sunday is not a normal business day for us hence the 60/7 logs. but hang on you never know when Miller or some other wonderfully talented exec. will get yet another money saving idea to "help" the con'way family and push the stock to a new record low.

Open On Sundays

I Think If You Look It Up , All A Company Has To Do Is Be Open 7 Days A Week , Even If It Is Open 1 Hour .. And I Believe South Boys Have A Sunday- Thursday Bid For L/h And Monday-friday ..there Smart Boys Up In The Oval Office They Know The Rules , But They Not On Keeping People Happy. Its All About The Stockholders ..hammerdown

DirtyRice is offline Senior Member

60/70 hour rule

its simple, my company uses a 70 hour log but obviously if you are a city driver and you are off every weekend you can only do 60 hours. the rule is 60 hours in 7 days and 70 in 8 days

TiredDvrsWife is offline Senior Member

60/70 hour rule

My driver clocks in at 7:45 p.m., out by 8:15-8:30 p.m.(usually). Back the next day around 9:00 a.m. He runs 14 hours every night, Mon-Friday (of course it's 2 hours late on Friday night so his in the terminal 2 hours later on Saturday). I'll check to see if he uses 12midnight to midnight.

Blue67 is offline Senior Member

60/70 hour rule

What happens when you go over on your 70?

TiredDvrsWife is offline Senior Member

60/70 hour rule

Shut her down and call in for someone to come pick you up and drive the truck in but it hasn't happened but maybe twice Oh and his logbook is noon to noon

Quote Originally Posted by Blue67 View Post
    What happens when you go over on your 70?

Blue67 is offline Senior Member

60/70 hour rule

sponsored links
    Heard a rumor that drivers are going over 70 to cover runs. Hope it's not true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-22-2012, 12:44 AM