Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New Service Center in NC

freightdude is offline Senior Member

New Service Center in NC

sponsored links
    Heard they are closing Fayettville, Wilson, and another SIC and opening a combined center in Lumberton NC.....

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

Con-F-Trucker is offline Senior Member
    I heard they was Closing Fayettville , Wilmington and Florence sc not sure how true it is but that's the Rumor New sic to be open in ten months >???? alot of folks gonna loose there job if this true and gonna be a long azz peddle run to Wilmington everyday !!!

Songremainsthesame is offline Senior Member
    I used to live in Fayetteville, and I can't imagine them opening up one SIC in Lumberton to cover that whole area. That would really create some gaps in service area, especially in being able to react to changes in pickup volumes.

highspeeds is offline ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY
    How big would it be ? Class one ?

beerfd is offline Senior Member
    And when they do in fact, open a new one there..all the press release will cover is all the jobs that were just created in that city. Nothing about centers closing down. Masters at PR.

a9faninnc is offline Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Con-F-Trucker View Post
    I heard they was Closing Fayettville , Wilmington and Florence sc not sure how true it is but that's the Rumor New sic to be open in ten months >???? alot of folks gonna loose there job if this true and gonna be a long azz peddle run to Wilmington everyday !!!
    When I worked at Saia in Hope Mills,which is next to the Conway terminal,them guys running Wilmington,Carolina Beach,etc were always late getting back.Big hours for someone that wanted them.
    Too poor to be Republican,too rich to be Democrat.

Con-F-Trucker is offline Senior Member
    Well its All True Wilmington , Fayetteville, Florence are Closing in about ten Months From now April May next Year there will be a 65 door Terminal In Lumberton ,Nc built on 30 acres and will be able to expand up to 90 plus doors in future if needed !! I think big mistake to close Wilmington but I'm not Paid the Big Bux's So my opinion Don't Count !!

Rat
    Rat is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Con-F-Trucker View Post
    Well its All True Wilmington , Fayetteville, Florence are Closing in about ten Months From now April May next Year there will be a 65 door Terminal In Lumberton ,Nc built on 30 acres and will be able to expand up to 90 plus doors in future if needed !! I think big mistake to close Wilmington but I'm not Paid the Big Bux's So my opinion Don't Count !!
    It never did.

Rat
    Gunner119 and CenturyClass like this.

micro brew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nncnwydude View Post
    I used to live in Fayetteville, and I can't imagine them opening up one SIC in Lumberton to cover that whole area. That would really create some gaps in service area, especially in being able to react to changes in pickup volumes.
    I said the same thing about my terminal which ended up being closed back in 2008. I thought there was no way service could be maintained but it was and life went on for all of us. I heard this same Nc rumor from a very reliable source..

Ledbelly is offline Junior Member
    sponsored links
    When they closed Lufkin Tx and started running it out of Shreveport La a 128 miles away. I did not think it would work. We lost almost all the freight out of there. So it does work. If you don't want there freight.
    highspeeds likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast